JW's, SDA's, Unitarians and Mormons

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who else in the Bible is your Savior? Jesus is mine. God is my Savior! Where is Michael called our Savior in the Bible? He isn't! Michael is barely even mentioned in the Bible! Only 2 times in the NT!
I just showed you Daniel 12:1.

How many times is "Emmanuel" in the NT? Does the number of times a name is mentioned in the scripture, if few, preclude it from referring to a specific person/being?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look up any dictionary and you will discover that Savior and Deliverer are synonyms.
Then you should be able to find abundant Scripture that says Michael is our Savior. You can't find any.

Isaiah 43:11 (NKJV)
11 I, even I, am the LORD, And besides Me there is no savior.

Philippians 3:20 (NKJV)
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just showed you Daniel 12:1.

How many times is "Emmanuel" in the NT? Does the number of times a name is mentioned in the scripture, if few, preclude it from referring to a specific person/being?
So Michael is your God? Jesus is mine.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Michael cannot be Jesus!
Especially when he tells the devil "The LORD rebuke thee!". A careful study of "the angel of the LORD" in the Old Testament shows that this is God taking angelic form or a physical form, which only the pre-incarnate Christ would do.

In the book of Daniel, the upper levels of angels (good and evil) are called "princes" since they in fact controlled the earthly kingdoms under them. And Michael is called by another angel "ONE OF the chief princes" or one of the archangels.

But the [angelic] prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me [an angel] one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes [an archangel], came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. (Dan 10:13)

Now Jesus is higher than any angel or archangel, and that shoots down this bizarre notion of Michael being Jesus.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Michael is your God? Jesus is mine.
The question followed by the statement wrongly implies a dichotomy. There is none. Michael is the Son of the Father, thus Deity (God, John 1:1c), the deliverer (Daniel 12:1) sent by the Father as His messenger to us ward.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Especially when he tells the devil "The LORD rebuke thee!". A careful study of "the angel of the LORD" in the Old Testament shows that this is God taking angelic form or a physical form, which only the pre-incarnate Christ would do.
Who is the 'angel (the Son) of the LORD (the Father)" in Zechariah 3:1? Is it verily the "LORD" (the Son) of vs 2, who says unto Satan, "The LORD (the Father) rebuke thee. ..."?, because the Son came on behalf of the Father to Joshua the High Priest?

Zechariah 3 and Jude are parallel in statements. Along with Daniel and Revelation. I show this in my linked studies in post 2 (this thread) - Michael is Jesus? .

In the book of Daniel, the upper levels of angels (good and evil) are called "princes" since they in fact controlled the earthly kingdoms under them. And Michael is called by another angel "ONE OF the chief princes" or one of the archangels.

But the [angelic] prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me [an angel] one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes [an archangel], came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia. (Dan 10:13)
Yes? Jesus and Satan are in control of the various places. Jesus is the "Prince of Life", "Messiah the Prince", even "Michael your Prince", etc. Satan is the "Prince of the power of the air", "the prince of this world", etc. Each is "one of" the chief princes. One over the forces (legions) of Good (Michael/Jesus) and the other over the forces (legions) of Evil (Dragon/Satan).

Now Jesus is higher than any angel or archangel, and that shoots down this bizarre notion of Michael being Jesus.
Jesus was always above all created angels (messengers). He (the Son) is the eternal and uncreated Angel/Messenger, who is the express image, of the Father. Arch-angel, simply means chief of messengers, or ruler over other messengers. Jesus is the highest messenger of the Father. So saying that Jesus is higher than any 'angel or archangel' is in a sense true, if referring to created beings when using the word 'angel', but if including the uncreated Angels (messengers/ambassadors; Son and Holy Ghost/Spirit) of the Father, it changes the answer.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question followed by the statement wrongly implies a dichotomy. There is none. Michael is the Son of the Father, thus Deity (God, John 1:1c), the deliverer (Daniel 12:1) sent by the Father as His messenger to us ward.
Oh wow! Michael is your god. How bizarre is that folks?

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh wow! Michael is your god. How bizarre is that folks?
Yes, the Son is God (John 1:1c). Michael (a symbolic name) means He who is like God (the Father), see John 1:1b; Hebrew 1:3 "express image", whom the Son was with from/in eternity.

grumix8

Jul 23, 2020
d.f.
Faith
Christian
Country
Mexico
Michael and G-d are united and G-d is thru the angel he selects. But Michael,Gabriel, and Raphael are all his sons too. Special relations and still one we do not understand but G-d will reveal to us when we get in heaven his special realtionship for Michael does not want to be worship like G-d.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michael and G-d are united and G-d is thru the angel he selects. But Michael,Gabriel, and Raphael are all his sons too. Special relations and still one we do not understand but G-d will reveal to us when we get in heaven his special realtionship for Michael does not want to be worship like G-d.
Can I ask you a few personal questions, which is slightly off topic to the OP?

I see people all of the time, type a nonsense set of characters like 'G-d' (ie, it doesn't make a word in any language and it reminds me of the false tongues movement). I see that you subscribe to doing this. So here are my questions:

[1] When you personally read your Bible, do you ever see anywhere in the scriptures where one 'Father' (Patriarch), one Prophet or Apostle do such a thing when speaking about God (JEHOVAH Elohiym), speaking directly to God, or writing about God in any language?

[2] When you personally read over the letters and/or words "God" (or whatever is given in original languages, like "El", "Elohiym", "YHVH (JEHOVAH)", "JAH", "Kyrios", "theos", etc) in scripture, what appears in your mind as you read? Is there a "-" that appears automatically, or do you have to fill it in slightly after the fact of having registered the word or letters in the mind, or do you just 'blank out' the whole word, close your eyes or what??

[3] When you personally speak to others about "God", how do you personally and actually pronounce the nonsense set of characters like "G-d" (or the equivalent in other languages, see examples in question 2), or do you say something else even in it's place like "He who is not to be named", etc? (Ps, the only person/being I find in scripture whose name is only given once, is "Lucifer" (aka Heylel), and is never named after that, except for things like Satan, Dragon, Serpent, Devil, etc)

I hope you find these questions sincere. I really would like to know why that is done, for I see no purpose in it, and find it (for lack of a better word at the moment), 'silly'.

I mean, even in your post, you contradict your own position on it. What do I mean?

You spelled out in entire "M - i - c - h - a - e - l" and "G - a - b - r - i - e - l" and "R - a - p - h - a - e - l" (not in actual scripture, and is an apocryphal name) ("Michael" (x3), "Gabriel", "Raphael", when you said, "Michael and G-d are united and G-d is thru the angel he selects. But Michael,Gabriel, and Raphael are all his sons too. Special relations and still one we do not understand but G-d will reveal to us when we get in heaven his special realtionship for Michael does not want to be worship like G-d.")

[4] How come you didn't 'dash' ("-") out the word for "God" in their names? "Micha-"EL", "Gabri - "EL" and "Rapha - "EL") "EL" in Hebrew is "God".

[5] How come when you wrote "his" (a pronoun), or "he" (a pronoun) in reference to "God" (which is not an actual name, but is a title, or even reference to position or nature), you didn't capitalize, or write a dash in it, like "h-s", or "H-s", or "h-" or "H-"?

Thank you for your answer/reply to these.

Last edited:

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look up any dictionary and you will discover that Savior and Deliverer are synonyms.
Vague AT BEST! Eternal Hell fire at worst. But you probably don't believe in the "everlasting fire" that Jesus clearly taught either. How about some NT that says Michael is our Savior?

Acts 4:10-12 (NKJV)
10 let it be known to you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead, by Him this man stands here before you whole. 11 This is the 'stone which was rejected by you builders, which has become the chief cornerstone.' 12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, the Son is God (John 1:1c). Michael (a symbolic name) means He who is like God (the Father), see John 1:1b; Hebrew 1:3 "express image", whom the Son was with from/in eternity.
That is really S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G it. Michael would have to rebuke you, and say "The LORD rebuke thee".

Michael is not really a symbolic name but an actual name. It is noteworthy that -el is found in many Hebrew names, and so is -yah. Both stand for "God". This is better seen in the actual Hebrew names of the prophets, rather than their English equivalents.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about some NT that says Michael is our Savior?
Here:

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon w as cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.​

I hope that is clear enough for you. Michael is Christ (the Anointed of the Father, the Salvation which is of God). I have shown you from Daniel 12:1, and now Revelation 12:7-10.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is really S-T-R-E-T-C-H-I-N-G it. Michael would have to rebuke you, and say "The LORD rebuke thee".

Michael is not really a symbolic name but an actual name. It is noteworthy that -el is found in many Hebrew names, and so is -yah. Both stand for "God". This is better seen in the actual Hebrew names of the prophets, rather than their English equivalents.
When the cults use "symbolic" they are attacking the Bible!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here:

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon w as cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Rev 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.​

I hope that is clear enough for you. Michael is Christ (the Anointed of the Father, the Salvation which is of God). I have shown you from Daniel 12:1, and now Revelation 12:7-10.
Again, VAGUE at best and everlasting fire at worst.

Isaiah 43:3 (NKJV)
3 For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I gave Egypt for your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
2 Timothy 1:10 (NKJV)
10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel,

See how nice and clear it is. I didn't have to twist a thing, as you are doing!

Status
Not open for further replies.