Keeping the Sabbath tells people Who you Worship

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, no I didn't. Please go a read it again. Properly. Without just reading what you want to hear.
I did.And yes,you said that.

Maybe you should stop posting so to denigrate the ten commandments,and then try to back out having been caught.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.

He wrote it down.

I wouldn't want to commit myself to an obvious straw man argument. ;)

google_smiling-face-with-heart-shaped-eyes_960d_mysmiley.net.png

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I did.And yes,you said that.

Maybe you should stop posting so to denigrate the ten commandments,and then try to back out having been caught.
I'm not backing out at all. Quote where I said the 10 comma dents where not based in morality.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You presume an awful lot, yourself. The common, garden variety "inerrancy" schtick bores me. I simply believe that the Bible is of an admittedly challenging 100% human and 100% divine character that is safer assumed to be accurate than mistaken.

And I'd venture with some degree of safety, I suppose, that if I countered your charge of seemingly desperate "mental machinations" with one of intellectual indolence you'd think yourself ill-esteemed.

Obviously, we see Titus 3:9 in different lights—in more ways than one, perhaps.

:hearteyes:
If I am intellectually indolent, I'd want to be corrected. But as it stands, I just do not mind human error on immaterial factual details, as long as the theological message is unaffected.

Do we really care whether the centurion who wanted Jesus to heal his servant approached Jesus in person (Matthew 8:5-13) or sent an intermediary (Luke 7:2-10)? Do we really care whether “Saul took his own sword and fell upon it” (1 Samuel 31:4) or whether “the Philistines killed Saul on Gilboa” (2 Samuel 21:12)? Do we really care whether Jesse had seven sons (1 Chronicles 2:13-15) or eight (1 Samuel 16:10-11)? Do we really care whether Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he began to reign (2 Kings 8:26) or forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)? Do we really care whether Solomon had 4,000 horse stalls (2 Chronicles 9:25) or 40,000 (1 Kings 4:26)? Do we care whether Moses’ sending spies into Canaan was suggested by God (Numbers 13:1-2,) or by the people (Deuteronomy 1:22)? Does it matter whether Joseph’s lineage is traced from David through Solomon (Matt. 1:6) or through Nathan (Luke 3:31)? Why couldn’t two different writers just disagree on these details?

None of this bothers me at all, nor shakes my faith in the basic message of Scripture being accurate.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I am intellectually indolent, I'd want to be corrected. But as it stands, I just do not mind human error on immaterial factual details, as long as the theological message is unaffected.

Do we really care whether the centurion who wanted Jesus to heal his servant approached Jesus in person (Matthew 8:5-13) or sent an intermediary (Luke 7:2-10)? Do we really care whether “Saul took his own sword and fell upon it” (1 Samuel 31:4) or whether “the Philistines killed Saul on Gilboa” (2 Samuel 21:12)? Do we really care whether Jesse had seven sons (1 Chronicles 2:13-15) or eight (1 Samuel 16:10-11)? Do we really care whether Ahaziah was twenty-two years old when he began to reign (2 Kings 8:26) or forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)? Do we really care whether Solomon had 4,000 horse stalls (2 Chronicles 9:25) or 40,000 (1 Kings 4:26)? Do we care whether Moses’ sending spies into Canaan was suggested by God (Numbers 13:1-2,) or by the people (Deuteronomy 1:22)? Does it matter whether Joseph’s lineage is traced from David through Solomon (Matt. 1:6) or through Nathan (Luke 3:31)? Why couldn’t two different writers just disagree on these details?

None of this bothers me at all, nor shakes my faith in the basic message of Scripture being accurate.

I'm very "bothered" at the prospect of gaging the fine line between "immaterial factual details" and "the theological message" based on what I "really care" about.

(That is, unless you can convince me that there are no varying degrees along these lines of reasoning.)

But I'd fight for your right to do so. :)

'

Reactions: RedFan

Zachariah.

Jan 22, 2024
Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm very "bothered" at the prospect of gaging the fine line between "immaterial factual details" and "the theological message" based on what I "really care" about.

(That is, unless you can convince me that there are no varying degrees along these lines of reasoning.)

But I'd fight for your right to do so. :)

'
Do you come here just to antagonize other members?

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife