Kenosis False Teaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
\
Has any other man besides Jesus matched His life of faith and obedience? No.

So should we have the expectation that if we don't actually live like Jesus did, that we will have the same moment by moment results in our lives as Jesus did in His? Myself, I don't think so.

But can we live as He lived by trusting in Him? I believe Yes.

Much love!
which is a day and night difference than knowing what the Father is doing and saying 24/7 like Jesus did while walking this earth.

"All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son,

Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out, “Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own authority, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, 29 but I know him because I am from him and he sent me.”

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which is a day and night difference than knowing what the Father is doing and saying 24/7 like Jesus did while walking this earth.

"All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son,

Then Jesus, still teaching in the temple courts, cried out, “Yes, you know me, and you know where I am from. I am not here on my own authority, but he who sent me is true. You do not know him, 29 but I know him because I am from him and he sent me.”

hope this helps !!!
Why did you quote 2/3 of a verse?

Mat 11:27, All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did you quote 2/3 of a verse?

Mat 11:27, All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
and do you know what the Father is saying and doing 24/7 ?

if not why not ?

And do you know anyone besides Jesus who can make that claim and back it up with proof? evidence ?

if so lets hear it ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and do you know what the Father is saying and doing 24/7 ?

if not why not ?

And do you know anyone besides Jesus who can make that claim and back it up with proof? evidence ?

if so lets hear it ?
That is not the point.

The point is that you quoted 2/3 of a verse to make your point...

That is something that the devil did with the Lord in the wilderness in seeking to tempt Him.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the point.

The point is that you quoted 2/3 of a verse to make your point...

That is something that the devil did with the Lord in the wilderness in seeking to tempt Him.
the point is Jesus knows the Father what He is doing 24/7 and no one else does. Jesus allows those He chooses to reveal the Father to know Him. But that knowing is not the same as His knowing and relationship with the Father.

If you think otherwise then you are claiming to be God and all knowing.

I'll warn you now that you are barking up the wrong tree. But if you want to continue going down this path you will not be happy.

It will not effect me one iota in this discussion so its up to you.

hope this helps !!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the point is Jesus knows the Father what He is doing 24/7 and no one else does. Jesus allows those He chooses to reveal the Father to know Him. But that knowing is not the same as His knowing and relationship with the Father.

If you think otherwise then you are claiming to be God and all knowing.

I'll warn you now that you are barking up the wrong tree. But if you want to continue going down this path you will not be happy.

It will not effect me one iota in this discussion so its up to you.

hope this helps !!!
See 1 John 2:20.

I may not have all of the data in my finite human brain; but all of the data is in the Spirit who indwells me.

In this, I am not claiming to be God any more than I am claiming that you are God if you have a similar unction.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know what an EGO is?

Jesus didn't have one.

HUGS

really? you might want to rethink that. didn't you notice when any one would worship Him He never refused it, or told them to stop, except from devils. its seems He had no desire for their acknowledgement.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
really? you might want to rethink that. didn't you notice when any one would worship Him He never refused it, or told them to stop, except from devils. its seems He had no desire for their acknowledgement.
That's because God likes it when we worship him.
the devils on the other hand should never have entered into the vacinity of the holy of holies.
they should have washed and repented first..
then maybe, i dunno, maybe..
oh wait.. he sent them into the lake to take a bath.. that's right..
those dirty swine :cool:

HUGS

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hope this helps !!!
Consider a moment how your post above says nothing about Jesus retaining omniscience, that He continued to possess all knowledge while a man in this world.

He knows His Father. While Jesus didn't retain His power, He still knew Who He is. Jesus always did what His Father wanted, so there was never any separation between them. No one else lived that way, so no one else could make the same claims.

No one else had been to heaven, and no one else had been annointed to bring salvation.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider a moment how your post above says nothing about Jesus retaining omniscience, that He continued to possess all knowledge while a man in this world.

He knows His Father. While Jesus didn't retain His power, He still knew Who He is. Jesus always did what His Father wanted, so there was never any separation between them. No one else lived that way, so no one else could make the same claims.

No one else had been to heaven, and no one else had been annointed to bring salvation.

Much love!
Its implied by His statements that He knows, sees, hears and does what He hears, sees His Father doing and saying 24/7. He is the Exact representation of the Father, to see Him is to see the Father and all the fulness of Deity dwelt in Him as per Colossians 1:19;2:9.

hope this helps !!!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because God likes it when we worship him.
the devils on the other hand should never have entered into the vacinity of the holy of holies.
they should have washed and repented first..
then maybe, i dunno, maybe..
oh wait.. he sent them into the lake to take a bath.. that's right..
those dirty swine :cool:

HUGS
ego; a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.

the Lord God has made all things and without His was nothing made and it was made through His Word now made flesh we know as Jesus Christ.

gee, what would be the Lord God's sense of self-esteem or self-importance? He most assuredly knows He is what is Good.

maybe you should read the last chapters of the book of Job.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark I'm sure by now you know there are things I'm open minded to and things I'm 100% close minded to doctrinally.

the things I'm closed minded to are:

1- The Trinity- the Father , Son and Holy Spirit being the One God sharing All the Divine Attributes 24/7 which included Jesus earthly life
2- the Deity of Christ- His 2 natures being fully God, fully man
3- The bodily Resurrection, Ascension and 2nd Coming of Christ- He is still a man with a human body(glorified, immortal, incorruptible)
4- The Gospel- as per Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:1-8
5- Salvation by grace through faith apart from works. Works are a result of salvation not the means to salvation as per Ephesians 2:8-10. Salvation is permanent, its eternal and cannot be lost.
6- There is life after death for both the righteous and the unrighteous in one of 2 places and it is everlasting.

These are what I consider to be the Essentials of the Faith in a nutshell. 1-5 no compromise and are salvific whereas 6 is not salvific in nature IMHO.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ego; a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.

the Lord God has made all things and without His was nothing made and it was made through His Word now made flesh we know as Jesus Christ.

gee, what would be the Lord God's sense of self-esteem or self-importance? He most assuredly knows He is what is Good.

maybe you should read the last chapters of the book of Job.
I say, the MAN, Jesus.. didn't have an ego.. there was no I, me, solo
The devil tried to bribe him though..
All this I will give you if you worship me... who me? EGO.
Jesus didn't have one, because God was in him.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its implied by His statements that He knows, sees, hears and does what He hears, sees His Father doing and saying 24/7. He is the Exact representation of the Father, to see Him is to see the Father and all the fulness of Deity dwelt in Him as per Colossians 1:19;2:9.

hope this helps !!!
So you are willing to overturn the straightfoward reading of several passages of Scripture based on what you consider to be an implication. I am not. And not when it makes so much sense to me if I just read it all exactly as written.

Much love!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say, the MAN, Jesus.. didn't have an ego.. there was no I, me, solo
The devil tried to bribe him though..
All this I will give you if you worship me... who me? EGO.
Jesus didn't have one, because God was in him.

doesn't matter what you say. and temptation in the sense of "God or Word of God" is irrelevant. God is who He is and the Son is like the Father therefore Satan isn't going to convince Jesus to not be who and what He is nor is Satan going to convince Jesus to do what He don't do.

God made Satan, Satan isn't going to out wit God. the "temptation is merely the proving, just as walking on the water is a proving, just as feeding the thousands are a proving that He is who He is.

read the last chapters of the book of Job.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
doesn't matter what you say. and temptation in the sense of "God or Word of God" is irrelevant. God is who He is and the Son is like the Father therefore Satan isn't going to convince Jesus to not be who and what He is nor is Satan going to convince Jesus to do what He don't do.

God made Satan, Satan isn't going to out wit God. the "temptation is merely the proving, just as walking on the water is a proving, just as feeding the thousands are a proving that He is who He is.

read the last chapters of the book of Job.
I see you like to argue..
I don't
have a nice day
:)
HUGS

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are willing to overturn the straightfoward reading of several passages of Scripture based on what you consider to be an implication. I am not. And not when it makes so much sense to me if I just read it all exactly as written.

Much love!
Just an FYI I will never change my mind about kenosis, the Omni attributes of Jesus while on this earth. Personally for me to do that is the equivalent of denying Him. That is how strong my convictions are on this topic. When scripture says while He walked this earth He had ALL the Fulness of Deity in Him. I take it literally meaning He lacked nothing in His divine nature that existed in the Fathers Divine nature. He was equal with the Father. So I will never budge on this, ever. Its one of those things where I draw a line in the sand.

hope this helps !!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I will never budge on this, ever. Its one of those things where I draw a line in the sand.

I realize that.

But it leaves you in a position of having to interpret several places of Scripture differently from the manner in which they are presented. I feel that allowing such is not a good way to try to understand the Bible.

For me, if something I think about one verse causes me to say of some other verse, Well, it SAYS that, but it ACTUALLY MEANS something different, I take this as a clue that I need to revisit my understandings. And this doesn't mean there is never a reason for that, but we need to be able to present the reason.

In this instance, there one very glaring problem, that being that Jesus didn't know the day of His return. And there are many similar inconsistencies, again, if you interpret Kenoo as not just meaning 'to empty', but adding to it what is being emptied out.

So one interpretive translations leads to negating other passages. That's something I'm solidly against.

Much love!