Kenosis False Teaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus could have taken back His omnipower at anytime, I think! He became obedient unto death. He said, No one takes My life from Me, I lay it down. He said, I have life in Myself. He became obedient even all the way to death on the cross. Not using His power to free Himself. Not using His power to feed Himself, or to promote Himself, or to defend Himself.

Much love!
I agree with that as it was self restraining of His Divine privilege's as God to use them to His own advantage but instead summitted to do the Fathers will in Redemption to suffer and die for sin. He even said He could of called down legions of angels who were His to command.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with that as it was self restraining of His Divine privilege's as God to use them to His own advantage but instead summitted to do the Fathers will in Redemption to suffer and die for sin. He even said He could of called down legions of angels who were His to command.
He did nothing of Himself. Not one thing.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He did nothing of Himself. Not one thing.

Much love!
yes as God who is Omnipresent, Omniscient He only spoke and did what He saw His Father saying and doing as per John chapters 5 and 6. Only someone who was Omnipresent and Omniscient could possibly know what the Father was saying and doing 24/7.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only someone who was Omnipresent and Omniscient could possibly know what the Father was saying and doing 24/7.

Really?

Because the Bible says that God reveals what He does to His prophets.

What did Jesus say about His relationship with God?

John 8:28-30
28) Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29) And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
30) As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Where do you come to this idea that God is not able to reveal Himself continuously to someone?

Does God not reveal Himself to us now? Isn't this based in our trust and obedience? That if we are trusting Him, and doing what He wants, that we cannot know what that is? If we can know for a moment, and live according to that, we can know for a minute, and live accordingly, and for an hour, and a day, and how long?

How consistently did Jesus trust and obey?

Is God also with you? How consistently are we able to trust and obey?

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really?

Because the Bible says that God reveals what He does to His prophets.

What did Jesus say about His relationship with God?

John 8:28-30
28) Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
29) And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.
30) As he spake these words, many believed on him.

Where do you come to this idea that God is not able to reveal Himself continuously to someone?

Does God not reveal Himself to us now? Isn't this based in our trust and obedience? That if we are trusting Him, and doing what He wants, that we cannot know what that is? If we can know for a moment, and live according to that, we can know for a minute, and live accordingly, and for an hour, and a day, and how long?

How consistently did Jesus trust and obey?

Is God also with you? How consistently are we able to trust and obey?

Much love!
do you know what the Father is saying and doing 24/7 in this world or in heaven ?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you know what the Father is saying and doing 24/7 in this world or in heaven ?
I doubt it.

But then I'm still being conformed to His image. He lived His entire life fully conformed to the image of Christ, as it were.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt it.

But then I'm still being conformed to His image. He lived His entire life fully conformed to the image of Christ, as it were.

Much love!
point being only Jesus knew that and no a single Apostle had such knowledge.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
point being only Jesus knew that and no a single Apostle had such knowledge.
\
Has any other man besides Jesus matched His life of faith and obedience? No.

So should we have the expectation that if we don't actually live like Jesus did, that we will have the same moment by moment results in our lives as Jesus did in His? Myself, I don't think so.

But can we live as He lived by trusting in Him? I believe Yes.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you please answer this question?

What is your opinion of and exposition of Mark 13:32?

Please try to give exegesis rathe than eisegesis.
Jesus was a man.

Does God thirst, hunger, tire, sleep, eat, grow, die ?

No those are human conditions and so is your passage in question. He limited that as a man.

Mark 13:32
But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Tell me if you are claiming as God Jesus did not know the above then the same holds true for the Father and Holy Spirit not knowing the name below.

You cannot have it both ways,

Revelation 19:12
He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was a man.

Does God thirst, hunger, tire, sleep, eat, grow, die ?

No those are human conditions and so is your passage in question. He limited that as a man.

But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father.

Tell me if you are claiming as God Jesus did not know the above then the same holds true for the Father and Holy Spirit not knowing the name below.

Revelation 19:12
He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.
I consider that the members of the Godhead are distinct, not separate.

So, when it says that no one knew His name except He Himself, I believe that the Father was included in this.

Why then, is Jesus not included in knowing the day and hour of His return?

1) It says that the Father knows it but not the Son.

2) The Father is an Omniscient Spirit (even the Spirit of Jesus, John 4:23-24, John 14:7-11) whereas the knowledge of the Son is limited by His humanity.

3) Jesus does not know the day or hour because He is human while the Father, who is one with Jesus but not limited by humanity, knows what the Son knows (even His true name) because they are one.

4) Jesus does not know the day or hour because even though they are one, Jesus is limited by His humanity; while the Father is an Omniscient Spirit.

Forgive me if I have been redundant. I just wanted to make my points clearer and repetition seemed to be the way to do that.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider also what it says in 1 John 2:20.

We know that we do not have the knowledge of everything in the Universe; however this verse tells us that we have an unction by which we know all things.

That is, the Omniscient Spirit resides within us; yet we still have finite human brains so it cannot be said that we have the knowledge of everything in the Universe, as data residing within our brains. Bur when we hear a piece of data, the Spirit within us testifies to us as to whether it is fact or fiction...He knows all things and the unction that we have makes us know all things; not as data within our finite human brains, but as data that is known by the Spirit who dwells within us.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
however this verse tells us that we have an unction by which we know all things.
correct 100%,

see the topic, "True Trinity", post #81

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Then you deny the clear statement of this Scripture.

No two ways about it.

If you have a correct view, it will harmonize with all the other relevant passages.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you deny the clear statement of this Scripture.

No two ways about it.

If you have a correct view, it will harmonize with all the other relevant passages.

Much love!
I see you deny Revelation 19:12. That is good to know.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see you deny Revelation 19:12. That is good to know.
What I've seen is you will stop at nothing to impugn me because I ask you questions you cannot from within your view answer. So you turn it this way and turn it that way.

Revelation 19:12 . . . Answer me. Does the Father know the Name that will be written on Jesus' thigh?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Father know the Name that will be written on Jesus' thigh?

Much love!

Certainly He does. The Father has not "emptied Himself", and there is no reason to think the Father will not know Jesus new Name, just as there is no reason to think that Jesus will not know our new names, even as it says, no one will know it but the one who receives it.

Again, it is evident that the One Who gives the new name will know what that name is.

But nothing here requires some other meaning to Jesus' 'kenoo', emptying Himself, and these passages do not force us to deny Jesus' statement at the time, that He did not know the time for His return.

And I am certain that following Jesus resurrection, He received again all He had left behind, and there is nothing He does not know.

So how should we understand these verses, Jesus' Name that no one knows, our new names that no one knows, I would say it's talking about us, and the limited knowledge of man. We won't know each other's new names, but God will. We won't know Jesus' new Name but God will.

We are humanity, not Godhead. And when Jesus became incarnate, when He became the Last Adam, He emptied Himself, and did His works by the Holy Spirit, not by His Own omnipotence.

Much love!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I've seen is you will stop at nothing to impugn me because I ask you questions you cannot from within your view answer. So you turn it this way and turn it that way.

Revelation 19:12 . . . Answer me. Does the Father know the Name that will be written on Jesus' thigh?
Much love!
I must believe Jesus words that no one knows but Himself the same way you believe no one knows the day or hour but the Father.

So the Holy Spirit according to your belief doesn't know the day or hour and is not Omniscient and therefor not God as well lacking one of the OMNI ATTRIBUTES of GOD.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too Mark. You are not consistent with Jesus words in Mark 13:32 and Revelation 19:12 about not knowing.

My view is consistent.

hope this helps !!!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Holy Spirit according to your belief doesn't know the day or hour and is not Omniscient and therefor not God as well lacking one of the OMNI ATTRIBUTES of GOD.
Again, you are wrongly putting words into my mouth. If this is all you have, it's something to think about maybe?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He even said He could of called down legions of angels who were His to command.
Are you thinking of this part?

Matthew 26:52-54
52) Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.
53) Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?
54) But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

He could have asked the Father, and the Father would have sent them. But He didn't even do that!

Much love!