Killing in the name of (Smurfette)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 2:27 NIV
27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit-just as it has taught you, remain in him.
Well to me it's even more than just a school house. It's family, friends..
Sharing each other's burdens. It's something that's really lacking in the world today.
And a lot of people are really lonely. Not only in their beliefs but just human contact.
It's the Love your neighbour part. How do you love them, if you don't have any?
Yeah, I believe "church" means so much more than the classroom.
It's about loving eachother....
to the best of our human ability.... which varies in every family.
Specially if you have a large one. Then it can be chaos.
I only had 2 brothers and I was the little sister..
We had our fights, and we had times when we needed eachother.
That's what I feel "Christianity" is all about...
It needs work, that's for sure.
Thank you
Hugs

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it's none of the above. Human beings need to be united in accurate knowledge, not in their beliefs. (Because no one belief is like another)

Have you ever met another believer who holds the exact same beliefs about Jesus as you? You don't disagree about the size of the moon, or how long it takes for the earth to cycle around the sun. So why isn't that position of knowledge the same for believer's?

Why indeed.
No two people have the same ears.
Everyone hears things differently.
One may hear compassion while another hears mocking in the same verse.
All we can do is share how we hear. And some agree and some don't.
That's when you get to practice your gardening skills with the fruits.. and nuts..LOL

I sit on the fence with the flat earthers. I don't believe everything the "science" tells us to believe.
Science is cold, it has no heart. It's sterile.
Religion, if you want to call it that, (I'm not religious) is warmer, it's willing to bend the rules of absolutism.
The Love is not in science. Where there is no Love there is only a cold shell of the truth.
Science will never recognize God, because it has no Love in itself.

I rather be where it's warm, than out in the cold.

Thank You
Hugs

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do wars come from?
Usually greed and coveting other people's lands, resources..
How do you pluck out that root?
Only God can.
All we can do is preach that God can, and try to set good examples.

Thank You
Hugs

I agree, preach to people God kingdom is Mankind only hope

Reactions: Ziggy

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Well to me it's even more than just a school house. It's family, friends..
Sharing each other's burdens. It's something that's really lacking in the world today.
And a lot of people are really lonely. Not only in their beliefs but just human contact.
It's the Love your neighbour part. How do you love them, if you don't have any?
Yeah, I believe "church" means so much more than the classroom.
It's about loving eachother....
to the best of our human ability.... which varies in every family.
Specially if you have a large one. Then it can be chaos.
I only had 2 brothers and I was the little sister..
We had our fights, and we had times when we needed eachother.
That's what I feel "Christianity" is all about...
It needs work, that's for sure.
Thank you
Hugs
John 2:24 NIV
24But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No two people have the same ears.
Everyone hears things differently.
One may hear compassion while another hears mocking in the same verse.
All we can do is share how we hear. And some agree and some don't.
That's when you get to practice your gardening skills with the fruits.. and nuts..LOL

I sit on the fence with the flat earthers. I don't believe everything the "science" tells us to believe.
Science is cold, it has no heart. It's sterile.
Religion, if you want to call it that, (I'm not religious) is warmer, it's willing to bend the rules of absolutism.
The Love is not in science. Where there is no Love there is only a cold shell of the truth.
Science will never recognize God, because it has no Love in itself.

I rather be where it's warm, than out in the cold.

Thank You
Hugs
Even love is something people believe in.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 2:24 NIV
24But Jesus would not entrust himself to them, for he knew all people.
He gave his life for us.
And we aught to care enough to put our necks on the line for each other as well.
The world sure would look a lot different.
Don't ya think?
Hugs

Reactions: April_Rose

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I agree, preach to people God kingdom is Mankind only hope
Are you sure that every believer should preach.

James 3:1 NIV
1Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
He gave his life for us.
And we aught to care enough to put our necks on the line for each other as well.
The world sure would look a lot different.
Don't ya think?
Hugs
If you learn to leave your beliefs at the door before you reach out to someone, then you have my blessings.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even love is something people believe in.
Everybody believes in something.
And not everyone agrees in the same something.
That's why we are unique. Each one made by the potter how he sees fit.
Now we may not like how eachother looks, but we're not in charge of the clay.
And if God loves his pottery we should at least respect it, and not try to smash it because it don't fit in our little museum collectables.
Our niche, or clique, group..

It's a challenge overcoming the wanting to divide things into catagories.
Clean/unclean..
We all have faults, and no one is perfect.
No One has all the answers. Or rather, we have not received all the answers yet.
I believe we get what we ask for.
If you don't ask.. knowledge, compassion, patience, kindness... then it sits on a shelf until you do,
And then that little piece of clay becomes something beautiful in your hands, as you work it, and grow it.
But you have to ask.. and ask for the right stuff. And then if God feels your ready..
then you become responsible for what your given.

I remember when I was little, I asked my mom if I could go the store by myself.
She only needed sugar and the store was just across the street. Not a big street. It was a one way single lane.
She thought about it, then she said ok.
Money wasn't easy back then...
So I went the store and baught the salt and felt real proud of myself for doing a good job.

:D

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure that every believer should preach.

James 3:1 NIV
1Not many of you should become teachers, my fellow believers, because you know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. 2We all stumble in many ways. Anyone who is never at fault in what they say is perfect, able to keep their whole body in check.[/QUOTE\]

John 15:9,10- Just as the Father has loved me, so I have loved you; remain in my love. If you observe my commandments, you will remain in my love, just as I have observed the commandments of the Father and remain in his love.
One of the commandments was to preach about the Messianic kingdom. This would be showing love to the God and Father of Jesus and showing love for God's Only Begotten Son and showing love for the World of Mankind.

At Hebrews 10:23- we are urged to, "hold fast the public declaration of our hope." And our hope is centered on God's kingdom.

Jesus specifically commanded that the good news of the kingdom must be preached in all the nations. Mark 23:10

Christ Jesus trained his disciples to preach and made it clear that this was to be the most important thing in their lives. That such was to be their main obligation and responsibility was appreciated by some, for we are told that when invited to be “fishers of men” they immediately “abandoned their nets” to follow him. These early disciples followed Jesus on his travels. They listened to him address the multitudes. They accompanied him to the homes of the people. When Christ Jesus was cross-questioned about the things he said, they would listen with joy to the refutations he made as he quoted his Father’s Word as authority. On other occasions he would call them aside and give them private instruction. Then when they were trained he sent them forth to preach. What was the message? To clean up the old world? To try to convert all mankind? No. “He sent them forth to preach the kingdom of God.”—Luke 9:2.

Shortly after his baptism, Jesus began to preach: ‘The Kingdom of God is near.’ We all are to follow his steps closely. 1John 2:6 says "The one who says he remains in union with him is himself under obligation to go on walking just as that one walked."

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Overgeneralizing is considered a cognitive distortion. You accept that your cognitions are distorted?
On the other hand, we all engage in overgeneralizations, sometimes. But, hopefully, we try to catch ourselves when we do it.
Unless you or anyone has awoken to the fact that believing itself is the cause of all human chaos, then I am afraid you and everyone else who can't live without beliefs will never understand what the world really looks like for me now.

(But are you strong enough to let go believing itself?)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless you or anyone has awoken to the fact that believing itself is the cause of all human chaos, then I am afraid you and everyone else who can't live without beliefs will never understand what the world really looks like for me now.

(But are you strong enough to let go believing itself?)
No I can't..
what does it look like.
It sounds sad.

Hugs

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You misunderstand the nature of belief. All mathematics and all scientific discovery starts with a belief. For instance, a scientific hypothesis is a belief. So is a scientific theory. There are no facts in science. You have many beliefs, too. All children develop something called 'theory of mind'; this is when humans begin realizing that other people have different thoughts from our own. These children eventually develop the ability to understand that other people believe things different from ourselves. By adulthood, all normal adults are able to engage in 'theory of mind' type of thought patterns. It is normal and good to believe. "Let's travel over that hill, I believe there may be water to drink over there." If you don't believe, then you never walk over the hill to check. Simple as that - belief is normal and good.
Actually there is no area of the human brain that does process beliefs themselves. It is not necessary to form a belief about something first before you know, in fact children are not born with a necessity for learning by belief. People generally mix up our natural capacity for imagination with belief, but our ability to imagine thing's is processed as imagination only. Belief on the other hand bypasses that processor, attaching itself to real sensory input, as if whatever would be believed at the time is true.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's like coming off a drug. I was big on believing, so it's a long long road of recovery for me.
Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you can get back up.
I walked away.. but I always get drawn back.
He doesn't give up on us. It's us who gives up on Him.

I can't Not believe in God. No matter how much I doubt, I can't NOT believe.
And I believe that is the seed.. just believe.
You can say you don't. You can even fight yourself trying to "forget" .

Let me ask you...
Why are you here?
Why not in some forum about darwinism or science?
Why here?

You won't believe me..
He's calling..
Hugs
MUCH LOVE

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You do not believe anything? Are you an atheist? If so, then you have no moral standards. correct? So, therefore, a lifestyle of murdering others is equal to a lifestyle of charity! There are no objective standards from an atheistic point of view, only relative standards. I fear you are not being honest with yourself?
People are more inclined to murder by what they personally believe, not by what they don't or do actually know about murder. I find that societies moral models are mostly based on beliefs (A group belief) Knowing why it is wrong to murder is always going to have a better outcome than blindly accepting people's beliefs about murder.
Don't you think?

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sometimes you have to hit bottom before you can get back up.
I walked away.. but I always get drawn back.
He doesn't give up on us. It's us who gives up on Him.

I can't Not believe in God. No matter how much I doubt, I can't NOT believe.
And I believe that is the seed.. just believe.
You can say you don't. You can even fight yourself trying to "forget" .

Let me ask you...
Why are you here?
Why not in some forum about darwinism or science?
Why here?

You won't believe me..
He's calling..
Hugs
MUCH LOVE
Strangely we are fairly open about our lack of knowing the universe, but absolutely sure we know the God who created it.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well the only way to fix that is to find an island and seclude yourself from the world.

You don't need a group of people to tell you that murdering is wrong.
That should be automatic.
We don't murder people for food.... yet
People murder people for sport..
they are some twisted creatures from hell.

But if your heart is right, then you know what's wrong.
It's called a conscience. And sadly many are being extremely damaged today.
:(

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strangely we are fairly open about our lack of knowing the universe, but absolutely sure we know the God who created it.
well, that's because we don't live in the sky... yet
We don't even know everything about the earth we do live on.

This probably won't sound right and a hundred people will probably come at me with arrows but anywhooo...

We are taught that God made man in His image and His likeness.
The only measuring stick humans have to understand God, is by looking inside oneself.
The bible shows the good and evil of mankind and that through ignorance of who God really is,
we miss the mark. Or the goal post to be like Him.

It is always a striving to be a perfect representative of the ultimate goal of what a man could/should be.
And so the next thing we do is try to judge other's according to what that perfection is, that we haven't even attained ourselves.
Judge not, lest ye be judged.

The principles are solid. The moral code is the challenge.
And everybody likes to move the goal posts to make it easier to reach the finish line.
So then everybody thinks they are perfect and the next guy isn't good enough.
Even though we are all in the same boat.

This goes for secular vs religion as well.
Each one pointing fingers at the other saying, your not perfect..

DUH..

All we can do is do the best we can, to be the best we can become.
As loving, caring, good human beings.
We have examples in the bible shows us what that looks like and what it don't.
And we have to justify in our own minds,
do we measure up to what God intended us to be?

I think we all fall short.
But that don't mean you give up trying just because you think you can't succeed.
It's a battle. It's a war.
And not too many like to join, they rather go awol because it's easier.
But a real soldier.. takes the arrows and keeps on keeping on,
until the battle is won.

Much Love
Hugs