Killing in the name of (Smurfette)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There comes a point when we need to implement this phrase... DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

If this person (who is clearly seeking attention) knows that he can stir up conflict and upset us, then he will keep up this bad behavior. I'm sure it gives him some satisfaction to come onto this site and start a confrontation with Christians that he obviously has personal contempt against.

I understand. But on the chance he is legit, I thought it only kind to tell him that he was hanging himself.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians aren’t clones. There’s a huge variety in personalities, takes, beliefs, etc.

If you believe Jesus taught a variety of beliefs, then you know nothing about Jesus or the scriptures. The scriptures does tell the Christian congregation which is a global congregation that they should look to God’s Word as their guide. 2Timothy 3:16; 2peter 1:21.

1)They taught that Jesus was God’s Son, distinct from God himself and subordinate to Him. 1Corinthians 11:3; 1Peter 1:3.

2)They taught that the dead will return to life by means of a future resurrection. Acts 24:15

3)They were known overall for the love that prevailed among themselves. John 13:34,35.

4)They did not worship merely as individuals but were organized into congregations and were united under overseers and a central body of elders that looked to Jesus as Head.Acts 14:21-23; 15:1-31; Ephesians 1:22; 1Timothy 3:1-13.

5)They were zealous preachers of God’s Kingdom as mankind’s only hope. Matthew 24:14; 28:19,20; Acts 1:8.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Christians are supposed to be united into one belief you (Edited by mod) moron.
What do you know or understand about the Body of Christ? Very little! Not all of the parts are fully prepared to fit in and together properly early on in their walk. As the parts mature [presuming that they do] they become more subjected to the Head as well as properly fitted one to another to accomplish God's purpose. A young [not physically] believer knows little about God's purpose and an unbeliever, such as yourself, effectively knows nothing at all. Yes, I know that you know things, or think that you do, but to God you are dead. In death you cannot know anything at all that ultimately matters.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Well, if you are obsessive and need to talk about this a lot, maybe step back and relax a little. You appear to be a tad too on edge telling people here to "*** off," including a moderator.

Step back and mellow out just a little. If you get banned from here, you will have to find someplace new. Maybe you already have other places you interact with people on this stuff about, but no sense in burning bridges, right?

I'm just saying, this forum has some people on it that are unfortunately just as short-tempered, and will only make matters worse.

God bless, and just trying to give you a little perspective.
Hidden
I went all Meg style from Family Guy on everyone.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There comes a point when we need to implement this phrase... DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

If this person (who is clearly seeking attention) knows that he can stir up conflict and upset us, then he will keep up this bad behavior. I'm sure it gives him some satisfaction to come onto this site and start a confrontation with Christians that he obviously has personal contempt against.
Which you shouldn't be hearing from people who have heaven to look forward to. "Consider it pure joy when you are faced with many trials" I think the Christian's of age's past used to sing hymns together when they were put in prison, and gave themselves over to suffer more for a better place in paradise. Hmm, make's me wonder about the Christian's in this day and age who can't seem to do anything but flap their gums when trouble comes.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
If you believe Jesus taught a variety of beliefs, then you know nothing about Jesus or the scriptures. The scriptures does tell the Christian congregation which is a global congregation that they should look to God’s Word as their guide. 2Timothy 3:16; 2peter 1:21.

1)They taught that Jesus was God’s Son, distinct from God himself and subordinate to Him. 1Corinthians 11:3; 1Peter 1:3.

2)They taught that the dead will return to life by means of a future resurrection. Acts 24:15

3)They were known overall for the love that prevailed among themselves. John 13:34,35.

4)They did not worship merely as individuals but were organized into congregations and were united under overseers and a central body of elders that looked to Jesus as Head.Acts 14:21-23; 15:1-31; Ephesians 1:22; 1Timothy 3:1-13.

5)They were zealous preachers of God’s Kingdom as mankind’s only hope. Matthew 24:14; 28:19,20; Acts 1:8.
Yes, true.

"A kingdom divided against itself will not stand"

So? Is Christianity divided against itself or not?

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What do you know or understand about the Body of Christ? Very little! Not all of the parts are fully prepared to fit in and together properly early on in their walk. As the parts mature [presuming that they do] they become more subjected to the Head as well as properly fitted one to another to accomplish God's purpose. A young [not physically] believer knows little about God's purpose and an unbeliever, such as yourself, effectively knows nothing at all. Yes, I know that you know things, or think that you do, but to God you are dead. In death you cannot know anything at all that ultimately matters.
Don't try to be too good for your own good Amadeus. Is what the Bible says.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What is the real purpose behind the Christian preaching the gospel of Jesus? Why do they want me to accept Gods salvation so badly?
While I agree that some present the gospel "badly' and misrepresent the one through Whom they themselves were saved, the message itself is very serious and ought not be rejected on account of the above imperfect Christians. The gospel is a matter of life and death. Your life, your death. It's that simple. And you are now where all of us once were. That's why we are passionate about it. We know the difference. We have hope as opposed to no hope. While I am sure you could point out our many failings, it isn't as if we are unaware of them. In fact, they are a greater grief to us because they so often are a grief and a poor testimony to such as yourself and have a negative impact on your acceptance of what we have to offer. So you are not telling us anything we don't already know, we've heard it all before, and sadly, we agree with you. But like I said, don't let the messenger get in the way of the message.
Would you ignore an ugly fireman who offers you a way of escape from a burning house? This world is heading for destruction. There is a way of escape. For you and your family. I wouldn't hesitate if I was you. Time is short.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
While I agree that some present the gospel "badly' and misrepresent the one through Whom they themselves were saved, the message itself is very serious and ought not be rejected on account of the above imperfect Christians. The gospel is a matter of life and death. Your life, your death. It's that simple. And you are now where all of us once were. That's why we are passionate about it. We know the difference. We have hope as opposed to no hope. While I am sure you could point out our many failings, it isn't as if we are unaware of them. In fact, they are a greater grief to us because they so often are a grief and a poor testimony to such as yourself and have a negative impact on your acceptance of what we have to offer. So you are not telling us anything we don't already know, we've heard it all before, and sadly, we agree with you. But like I said, don't let the messenger get in the way of the message.
Would you ignore an ugly fireman who offers you a way of escape from a burning house? This world is heading for destruction. There is a way of escape. For you and your family. I wouldn't hesitate if I was you. Time is short.
But I am not in a burning house at the moment. But I am sure to say that if you believe that I should turn to Jesus on the basis of escaping a ghastly fate like that, then you don't really know anything about me.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But I am not in a burning house at the moment. But I am sure to say that if you believe that I should turn to Jesus on the basis of escaping a ghastly fate like that, then you don't really know anything about me.
You are right. I know nothing about you apart from your initial question... Why the gospel? And I told you why. To save your life. Now if you have another means by which to live forever, perhaps you would like to share that with us, or don't you care enough for others that you would desire that they not die?

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I went all Meg style from Family Guy on everyone.

Ok, LoL. But if that's going Meg style, you might wanna check that episode at the door. It's not as if it isn't pretty much the same spirit a number of Christians here post in sometimes, but it's a blatant violation of the rules, which will eventually get you the hook.

God bless, and if you enjoy it here I hope you can do what it takes to stick around,
- H

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God loves you.
Christianity is a disfunctional family of children, sitting in a field learning how to grow things, how to play nice with each other.
It is kindrgarten 101.
Some graduate sooner than others, but we never leave the same school house.
Some become teachers and help the younger students grow.
We're not all in the same grade.
We all are in the work of building each other up with faith, hope, and charity, to the best of our ability.
It gets better as we grow.

But here's the thing..
God Loves you.
And he wants you to come and be one of His children, in his field, in His classroom.
And there is always, always an available seat at the dining table.

The choice is yours of course.
You could always go hungry.. or just pull up a chair and see if you like what's on the menu.

God Loves You
Hugs

Reactions: Brakelite

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, true.

"A kingdom divided against itself will not stand"

So? Is Christianity divided against itself or not?

Christendom says it's a global organization that follows Jesus Christ yet look at all the divisions in this organization. They're not united in love because Christendom has a history of the nations that say they're Christian nations who have fought each other in two major world wars. The people in these nations, if they had truly been following Jesus Christ, would killing each other the path that Jesus would want those nations to choose. Is killing each other showing love to each other? Are Christendom Churches teaching the hope for mankind is God kingdom that he has made his Only Begotten Son Jesus king of?

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christendom says it's a global organization that follows Jesus Christ yet look at all the divisions in this organization. They're not united in love because Christendom has a history of the nations that say they're Christian nations who have fought each other in two major world wars. The people in these nations, if they had truly been following Jesus Christ, would killing each other the path that Jesus would want those nations to choose. Is killing each other showing love to each other? Are Christendom Churches teaching the hope for mankind is God kingdom that he has made his Only Begotten Son Jesus king of?
Where do wars come from?
Usually greed and coveting other people's lands, resources..
How do you pluck out that root?
Only God can.
All we can do is preach that God can, and try to set good examples.

Thank You
Hugs

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Ok, LoL. But if that's going Meg style, you might wanna check that episode at the door. It's not as if it isn't pretty much the same spirit a number of Christians here post in sometimes, but it's a blatant violation of the rules, which will eventually get you the hook.

God bless, and if you enjoy it here I hope you can do what it takes to stick around,
- H
Yes, I just got off 30 days in the forum's iggy bin.

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
God loves you.
Christianity is a disfunctional family of children, sitting in a field learning how to grow things, how to play nice with each other.
It is kindrgarten 101.
Some graduate sooner than others, but we never leave the same school house.
Some become teachers and help the younger students grow.
We're not all in the same grade.
We all are in the work of building each other up with faith, hope, and charity, to the best of our ability.
It gets better as we grow.

But here's the thing..
God Loves you.
And he wants you to come and be one of His children, in his field, in His classroom.
And there is always, always an available seat at the dining table.

The choice is yours of course.
You could always go hungry.. or just pull up a chair and see if you like what's on the menu.

God Loves You
Hugs
1 John 2:27 NIV
27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit-just as it has taught you, remain in him.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Where do wars come from?
Usually greed and coveting other people's lands, resources..
How do you pluck out that root?
Only God can.
All we can do is preach that God can, and try to set good examples.

Thank You
Hugs
Actually it's none of the above. Human beings need to be united in accurate knowledge, not in their beliefs. (Because no one belief is like another)

Have you ever met another believer who holds the exact same beliefs about Jesus as you? You don't disagree about the size of the moon, or how long it takes for the earth to cycle around the sun. So why isn't that position of knowledge the same for believer's?

Why indeed.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
All Christians are not the same. You are overgeneralizing. That's what people did to Black people to justify horrible atrocities against them. Overgeneralizing is the mark of bigotry. The others above are correct - you seem very angry about something.
I am who I am, I guess.