Killing in the name of (Smurfette)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No. God wants you for yourself,* but you must be cleansed of the spiritual crap that you (all of us) were born into, just to stand in His presence; even just to receive a hug from Him.

He is ready, willing & able to so clean you, but you must ask Him to. He will not violate your choice in that matter. Death is not the desired outcome. It is the outcome if you don't deal with your most pressing issue.

*If we were interchangeable, He would not make a specific appeal just to you.

Jesus said,
What do you think?
If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray,

does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?
And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you,
he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.
Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven
that one of these little ones should perish." Matthew 18:12-14 NKJV​
What spiritual crap?

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
No. God wants you for yourself,* but you must be cleansed of the spiritual crap that you (all of us) were born into, just to stand in His presence; even just to receive a hug from Him.

He is ready, willing & able to so clean you, but you must ask Him to. He will not violate your choice in that matter. Death is not the desired outcome. It is the outcome if you don't deal with your most pressing issue.

*If we were interchangeable, He would not make a specific appeal just to you.

Jesus said,
What do you think?
If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them goes astray,

does he not leave the ninety-nine and go to the mountains to seek the one that is straying?
And if he should find it, assuredly, I say to you,
he rejoices more over that sheep than over the ninety-nine that did not go astray.
Even so it is not the will of your Father who is in heaven
that one of these little ones should perish." Matthew 18:12-14 NKJV​
Actually now I think about it. God wants nothing, would you agree?

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What spiritual crap?
The Bible calls it being "born into sin."
Actually now I think about it. God wants nothing, would you agree?
No. I do not agree. He wants you to live and not die.
  1. God is a Judge.
  2. He would prefer to Redeem us, but He had to do it in such a way to "satisfy His court" so to speak. His Son Jesus is His Amnesty program that He would prefer everyone to take [2 Peter 3:9].
Those who would reject #2 are left with #1.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The Bible calls it being "born into sin."

No. I do not agree. He wants you to live and not die.
  1. God is a Judge.
  2. He would prefer to Redeem us, but He had to do it in such a way to "satisfy His court" so to speak. His Son Jesus is His Amnesty program that He would prefer everyone to take [2 Peter 3:9].
Those who would reject #2 are left with #1.
Me? There is no me.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The meat matrix.

Numbers 18:15 KJV
Every thing that openeth the matrix in all flesh, which they bring unto the LORD, whether it be of men or beasts, shall be thine: nevertheless the firstborn of man shalt thou surely redeem, and the firstling of unclean beasts shalt thou redeem.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
DOS.

Dumb
Operating
System
My oldest brother, I had 2 but their both gone now.. anywhoo
He used to write programs on his computer using DOS. This was back before windows was even available. Before computers were a household name.
He was a Radio Shack Junkie LOL. He had a HAM Radio and used to talk to people all over the world. I thought it was so cool. They would send him postcards. I have to go back 40 years to remember things like that. I remember back in the late 90's I got my first computer, and every other day I have to call and say: HELP! LOL Little sister what a pain.. lol.
My other brother was into borrowing other people's cars without permission and putting them in the most peculair places..
Like into walls of buildings. It's a wonder he made it to 56. He seen a lot of rainy days in his time. He used to play one on one basketball with me in the back yard. And if I got to 21 before him. He would plant that ball right in my face. But he would share his candy bars, and I thought that was real nice of him.
I don't know anything about electronics or programming. I used to like to play LARP games though. They had one called Evony and you have to build up your kingdom and all your calvary and archers, trebachuts and arch towers for the walls.
And after 10 days your "safe" building time was up and you could go to war with people in your neighborhood. They had a little red bird that would flash to let you know you was under attack. You could chat to other players live while playing.
My daughter found that and I got so addicted, I stayed up 3 days building, building, and waiting for the bird to flash. LOL
I like the way the "alliance" could help reinforce eachother by sending troops to their cities.
Nobody plays there anymore. It became all about money and buying packages with stuff like gold or special heroes.

What else do you do?
Do you cook? I love cooking. I make my own chinese food. All you need is soy and terriyaki sauce, or chinese 5 spice and you can make anything taste chinese.. lol

How about music?

Thank You for sharing :)
Hugs

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think. What is the real purpose behind the Christian preaching the gospel of Jesus? Why do they want me to accept Gods salvation so badly? Is to become like them? I think. Would their God really want me to believe like them? I can't say Yahweh would like me becoming like them. I think. If the Christian believes their God sets a high standard of conformity and self denial, then heaven will never be suitable for them :)

What God wants from you, is for you to accept His Love, and become a part of His Family.

Dont be distracted by distractions found all around you, that keep you from becoming a part of God's family.

Reactions: Ziggy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hosea 4:6 says: My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.
What knowledge is this? Certainly not that which man is able to gain by his own efforts!

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov 1:7

What is more important than knowledge?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

@amadeus What really caused Adam and Eve to fall into sin and corruption.

A: Disobedience to God?
B: Believing the Serpent?

If I were unable to answer these questions to your satisfaction that would make me what? Are God's people all theologians with the perfectly correct answer to every question on their lips at all times or are they the just who are to live by faith?

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Heb 11:1

What if the answer to your two questions was simply that it was ultimately according to God's plan? What is the vision without which people will perish? What is the ultimate promise to God to men faithful to Him?

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
My oldest brother, I had 2 but their both gone now.. anywhoo
He used to write programs on his computer using DOS. This was back before windows was even available. Before computers were a household name.
He was a Radio Shack Junkie LOL. He had a HAM Radio and used to talk to people all over the world. I thought it was so cool. They would send him postcards. I have to go back 40 years to remember things like that. I remember back in the late 90's I got my first computer, and every other day I have to call and say: HELP! LOL Little sister what a pain.. lol.
My other brother was into borrowing other people's cars without permission and putting them in the most peculair places..
Like into walls of buildings. It's a wonder he made it to 56. He seen a lot of rainy days in his time. He used to play one on one basketball with me in the back yard. And if I got to 21 before him. He would plant that ball right in my face. But he would share his candy bars, and I thought that was real nice of him.
I don't know anything about electronics or programming. I used to like to play LARP games though. They had one called Evony and you have to build up your kingdom and all your calvary and archers, trebachuts and arch towers for the walls.
And after 10 days your "safe" building time was up and you could go to war with people in your neighborhood. They had a little red bird that would flash to let you know you was under attack. You could chat to other players live while playing.
My daughter found that and I got so addicted, I stayed up 3 days building, building, and waiting for the bird to flash. LOL
I like the way the "alliance" could help reinforce eachother by sending troops to their cities.
Nobody plays there anymore. It became all about money and buying packages with stuff like gold or special heroes.

What else do you do?
Do you cook? I love cooking. I make my own chinese food. All you need is soy and terriyaki sauce, or chinese 5 spice and you can make anything taste chinese.. lol

How about music?

Thank You for sharing :)
Hugs
I also am big into electronic gaming. Big into it.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What knowledge is this? Certainly not that which man is able to gain by his own efforts!

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Prov 1:7

What is more important than knowledge?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

If I were unable to answer these questions to your satisfaction that would make me what? Are God's people all theologians with the perfectly correct answer to every question on their lips at all times or are they the just who are to live by faith?

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen" Heb 11:1

What if the answer to your two questions was simply that it was ultimately according to God's plan? What is the vision without which people will perish? What is the ultimate promise to God to men faithful to Him?

"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2
Think about it @amadeus

Adam & Eve had no prior knowledge of what good or evil was. It was only after they believed what the serpent told them about the tree of knowledge that their eye's were tainted by that belief.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about it @amadeus

Adam & Eve had no prior knowledge of what good or evil was. It was only after they believed what the serpent told them about the tree of knowledge that their eye's were tainted by that belief.
I don't think they was innocent. I think they got caught... naked..

God was with Adam we don't know how long before he decided Adam and Eve needed a separation.
Because it says, whatsoever God has joined together let no man put asunder.
I think God seperated them for a specific reason. I believe there was sin lurking in him and it needed to be drawn out.
In which case I believe Eve lusted after that knowledge in the tree. And rather than have All mankind cease to exist by making Adam die.
God seperated the woman from the man. So when she fell, Adam would be able to cover her.
Adam obeyed his wife. This seperated Man from God, Woman was separated from man.
And the kids were confused.
Jealousy raged in Cain and guilt reigned in Abel.

The entire book of Genesis is the whole picture or humanity. An overview of ALL if you will.
Each book that follows breaks the ALL down into more detail of what happened in Eden.
All the way to Revelation. And in the end, God makes a new heaven and a new earth and you turn to the next book, and we are back in the Garden of Eden. What goes around comes around. Forever and ever Amen.

But you won't make it to the next time round without faith in the one who put you here to begin with.

Hugs
I believe Adam knew the 10 commandments. And they broke all 10 with just one bite.

Entanglement

Jul 15, 2020
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I don't think they was innocent. I think they got caught... naked..

God was with Adam we don't know how long before he decided Adam and Eve needed a separation.
Because it says, whatsoever God has joined together let no man put asunder.
I think God seperated them for a specific reason. I believe there was sin lurking in him and it needed to be drawn out.
In which case I believe Eve lusted after that knowledge in the tree. And rather than have All mankind cease to exist by making Adam die.
God seperated the woman from the man. So when she fell, Adam would be able to cover her.
Adam obeyed his wife. This seperated Man from God, Woman was separated from man.
And the kids were confused.
Jealousy raged in Cain and guilt reigned in Abel.

The entire book of Genesis is the whole picture or humanity. An overview of ALL if you will.
Each book that follows breaks the ALL down into more detail of what happened in Eden.
All the way to Revelation. And in the end, God makes a new heaven and a new earth and you turn to the next book, and we are back in the Garden of Eden. What goes around comes around. Forever and ever Amen.

But you won't make it to the next time round without faith in the one who put you here to begin with.

Hugs
I believe Adam knew the 10 commandments. And they broke all 10 with just one bite.
You know assuming what's good is as destructive as assuming what evil is.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know assuming what's good is as destructive as assuming what evil is.
I'm not assuming..
I see it throughout the entire Bible.
It's in the laws and in the psalms and in the prophets. If one looks for them.