King James Version Bible vs. Modern English Perversions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the bible contains all the information we need to be saved, but I also believe that people have added their traditions to the bible that are not esential for salvation.

So whether one is a strict baptists or a liberal methodist, a roman catholic or an idepentant , one is saved by ones personal relationship with Jesus, not ones place in an organisation.
Hi,

Where does scripture say that "one is saved by ones personal relationship with Jesus"?

Curious Mary

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

What does your statement have to do with my post?

According to your interpretation of scripture I guess I can't fulfill scripture and honor my FATHER and mother?

And when Jesus called Abraham FATHER in Luke 16 He was wrong also?

Paul really messed up and violated scripture in I Corinthians 4 and in Romans 4 when refers to himself as FATHER and Abraham as FATHER.

But I digress.

Mary
Call whoever you want father but: John 17:11;
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
So the pope is the Holy Father?
Therefore he is God.
And that's what catholics believe.
No wonder there is no fellowship between catholics and protestants

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Call whoever you want father but: John 17:11;
I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.
So the pope is the Holy Father?
Therefore he is God.
And that's what catholics believe.
No wonder there is no fellowship between catholics and protestants
Thank you for telling us Catholics what we believe o_O

You didn't answer my question: What does your statement have to do with my post?

Curious Mary

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe that the bible contains all the information we need to be saved, but I also believe that people have added their traditions to the bible that are not esential for salvation.

So whether one is a strict baptists or a liberal methodist, a roman catholic or an idepentant , one is saved by ones personal relationship with Jesus, not ones place in an organisation.

AMEN!! Well said.

thumbs_up8.gif

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Where does scripture say that "one is saved by ones personal relationship with Jesus"?

Curious Mary
Hi,

Curious Mary
What sort of relationship does one have if you love them?
Is there a relationship?

John 14:15 "If you love me, keep my commands. 16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. 19 Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21 Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them."

Love is a powerful thing, that works best in a relationship.

You are right no where is the word relationship used in the bible, but I understand that Jesus loves me and that I in my way love him.
To me that is a relationship.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

What does your statement have to do with my post?

According to your interpretation of scripture I guess I can't fulfill scripture and honor my FATHER and mother?

And when Jesus called Abraham FATHER in Luke 16 He was wrong also?

Paul really messed up and violated scripture in I Corinthians 4 and in Romans 4 when refers to himself as FATHER and Abraham as FATHER.

But I digress.

Mary
You asked in post #116;

I ask again: Can you name me one Catholic tradition that voids the word of God?

And I proved that to you with the pope.
Your claim that the lineage of the pope goes back to Peter is held in disbelief to everyone except catholics.
And the fact that he calls himself "Holy Father".
That is not an anointing from God.
It's an anointing from man to man.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked in post #116;

I ask again: Can you name me one Catholic tradition that voids the word of God?

And I proved that to you with the pope.
Your claim that the lineage of the pope goes back to Peter is held in disbelief to everyone except catholics.
And the fact that he calls himself "Holy Father".
That is not an anointing from God.
It's an anointing from man to man.
Thank you. I see now what you are referring to.

I don't think that falls under a "tradition" but I get your point.

Mary

Reactions: Rollo Tamasi

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You didn't answer my questions:

You are a man. Aren't you? Are you saying you don't even listen to yourself?

Curious Mary

Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

teh world has enough religious people it doesnt need any more, it just needs real Christians that follow Christ, they are lire golden needles hidden in a hey stack, and God delights when He finds them because they are so rare.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

teh world has enough religious people it doesnt need any more, it just needs real Christians that follow Christ, they are lire golden needles hidden in a hey stack, and God delights when He finds them because they are so rare.

Curious Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I can't find "srsly" in scripture.

Can you narrow that passage down for me?
sure, no prob, it's in "Google 1:01" :) i left the Urban Dictionary witness in for full disclosure! :D
nEYO7Gw.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Curious Mary
Oh Mary do stop being so foolish,go look at yourself in a mirror. You can dig your own grave im not going to help you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sure, no prob, it's in "Google 1:01" :) i left the Urban Dictionary witness in for full di
nEYO7Gw.jpg
Got it...scripture doesn't say "one is saved by ones personal relationship with Jesus".

Finally we agree on something. ;)

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh Mary do stop being so foolish,go look at yourself in a mirror. You can dig your own grave im not going to help you.
It's a simple question. Why do you refuse to answer it?

Because you know the fallacy of your theory?

Curious Mary

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Got it...scripture doesn't say "one is saved by ones personal relationship with Jesus".
i guess that would depend upon how one interprets "eat and drink Christ."

i'm not really sure what your specific objection to "one is saved by ones personal relationship with Jesus" is,
and i doubt you mean "don't follow Christ," so imo we are having a semantics difference most likely.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's a simple question. Why do you refuse to answer it?

Because you know the fallacy of your theory?

Curious Mary
No because you are being sarcastic, and playing the fool, im not playing teh devils games with you.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i guess that would depend upon how one interprets "eat and drink Christ."

i'm not really sure what your specific objection to "one is saved by ones personal relationship with Jesus" is,
and i doubt you mean "don't follow Christ," so imo we are having a semantics difference most likely.
My objection is.....It’s not in scripture.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No because you are being sarcastic, and playing the fool, im not playing teh devils games with you.
I asked you what man you listen to. You said none. That obviously is not true.

You listen to yourself. You believe your own interpretations of scripture. You think you are always right. You, a man, can interpret scripture better than the men of the Catholic Church.....according to you. You are right because you told yourself you are right.

You equate me asking a logical question of you that destroys your theory as being sarcastic? Really?

Maybe your upset that your theory was destroyed with one simple question by this little old lady?

Can we now get back to the subject at hand?

Mary