Kingdom culture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Love is the culture of the Kingdom. But the English word love needs to be understood from the Biblical languages. As especially in Hebrew the meaning is different to the emotional English meaning. Even Greek has 3-4 different words for love. Whereas all these Hebrew and Greek words are simply translated as love in our Bibles.
The Hebraic culture our Bibles were written in was vastly different from our modern westernized culture.
Love was not a feeling or abstract like it is in our culture. We use the word love in so many different instances. Not so in the Bible it is specific and holds weight i.e. it is a weighty matter, not just said or used lightly.

Also what people can't handle well in our modern westernized culture is chastisement and correction. People can't handle being rebuked and receiving a rebuke. Biblically this is also love. We get offended very easily and I am afraid this causes many not to be able to grow and become mature in Yahweh.

Love should be at the center of the culture of the Kingdom. First though one needs to understand love from a Biblical perspective.

By the way I also am an Aussie

Shalom

Reactions: Aunty Jane and Rita

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. - Ephesians 4:15
A bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not snuff out. In faithfulness he will bring forth justice; Isaiah 42:3
After I'd tried to end my life in the year 2000, I was in deep self-pity, though I didn't know it. I was constantly weeping. I had been counselled to "let it out" and was told that this was the road to healing.
I soon found myself at a Christian healing retreat. After a day of weeping, a staff member came to me. He said, "You have a wound and by continuing to weep, it's like you keep picking the scab off of it and it never heals. While doing this, you are also deepening the wound."
He then braced himself and said, "What you are doing is called self-pity; it is a sin and you need to repent of it." It was like he slapped me! It snapped me out of it! I repented of it and the wound healed. Looking back, I see that he loved me enough to tell me the truth. Wounded people are fragile and we want to help them, so usually we speak the truth tempered with love. One time has someone been that blunt with me. I think he saved my life!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Love is the culture of the Kingdom. But the English word love needs to be understood from the Biblical languages. As especially in Hebrew the meaning is different to the emotional English meaning. Even Greek has 3-4 different words for love. Whereas all these Hebrew and Greek words are simply translated as love in our Bibles.
The Hebraic culture our Bibles were written in was vastly different from our modern westernized culture.
Love was not a feeling or abstract like it is in our culture. We use the word love in so many different instances. Not so in the Bible it is specific and holds weight i.e. it is a weighty matter, not just said or used lightly.

Also what people can't handle well in our modern westernized culture is chastisement and correction. People can't handle being rebuked and receiving a rebuke. Biblically this is also love. We get offended very easily and I am afraid this causes many not to be able to grow and become mature in Yahweh.

Love should be at the center of the culture of the Kingdom. First though one needs to understand love from a Biblical perspective.

By the way I also am an Aussie

Shalom
Thank you , interesting and very relevant xx
Yes, I would agree. I must admit that I am open to correction, but usually the initial response can be negative.
I tend to have to put a bit of distance between what has been said and that initial response, then I can take a step back and reflect and discern. I must admit that it often concerned me when I was part of a church that discipline and correction were not really part of things , it seemed accountability had diminished. It often bothered me. I guess it is also ‘ how ‘ you correct someone.
I wasn’t picking on Aussies by the way, it just happened that a post from an Aussie started me thinking about the subject xxxxxx

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I really don't think I am understanding things here.... I THINK you are looking for this answer.... Kingdom Culture states we are to love each other.... bear each other's burdens... be kind... patient... long-suffering... encouraging = loving in how we communicate with each other.

What is happening in the forums is often NOT that... but rather people just WANTING to be heard.... at all costs... Too much effort is going in pumping out the facts... and nil effort is going into the people being preached AT.

For me... the issue is trust... that is my personal issue.... I feel/believe I am probably one of the more transparent contributors here... I am not afraid to share my heart... my life... or my issues. It's easy for me to do so.... and what I state on open forum is for all eyes.

When it comes to responding to certain personalities I have deemed as arrogant...( my personal pet peeve )... I am a CLOSED BOOK for them... I do not even acknowledge their existence ( me being BRUTALLY HONEST )... I shut down on many people... and once that happens.... my problem is that I am never able to open up again. I am truly talking with Father about this because I am becoming aware that this is not good for me.

The problem is that I have done this ( shutting down on people I don't trust ) ALL my life... and I don't know how to move on from that point.

If the above is TOTALLY off topic.... and NOT what you mean... then I am sorry and you are all STUCK with an ADDY spillage of feelings... lol
Good for you sister Addy, because some prefer to acknowledge others' existence by often posting underhanded and less-than-kind-'n-loving comments about someone else, or about something someone else posted - but without clicking the reply button, so as to subtly make it obvious they are referring to them, or to something they said. So you're right. High horses of perfection in holiness and Christian loving-kindness and humility don't exist in anyone's mirror. LOL.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good for you, because some prefer to acknowledge others' existence by often posting underhanded and less-than-kind-'n-loving comments about someone else, or about something someone else posted - but without clicking the reply button, so as to subtly make it obvious they are referring to them, or to something they said. So you're right. High horses of perfection in holiness and Christian loving-kindness and humility don't exists in anyone's mirror.
There are many here that I am simply not able to communicate with... I respect them by NOT entering their threads... or quoting them.... and usually they follow suit. I am not perfect... and I have an ATTITUDE... but it doesn't usually come out unless confronted with a BULLY. Arrogance is my pet peeve.
I am DIRECT... and people here either seem to like Addy or hate her... It works for me. I know who my friends are... lol

Reactions: Zao is life

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think it is impossible for all Christians to get on , even though we are called ‘ to make every effort to be at peace with one another ‘ …we are still human and sometimes it simply is a clash of personality and views. However maybe walking away is also about keeping the peace.
Sometimes we can learn from those encounters though, isn’t it true that if we pray for more patience the Lord often sends someone along that pushes your patience , tests it ect. I guess we have to remember what we have prayed for !! Lol

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sometimes I can become passionate with the things that other people reject because they believe is would be crazy to believe, and it’s a fault in myself.

Some of the things I dislike in myself living in this body of flesh is when am not really being considerate of others and their situations because of my own ways of not caring which comes all from my flesh.

I do love people just on here when it comes to certain topics I can be very passionate about and people do hate that about me and I hate it about myself too.

God is good and he will help if you let him work on your heart and mind, and be patient waiting on Him but also living by the spirit worshiping God in spirit and truth.

Without faith it’s impossible to please God; faith on the Lord Jesus Christ makes you a child of God who is loved by the Father and no one or thing can separate one from this love. Except yourself.
Lots of us in the same boat as the above part. Your humility is great, brother.

None of us can or should be pointing fingers all the time at the lack of humility and Christian loving kindness of others. We're supposed to look in the mirror, and if we see ourselves in the mirror on a high horse of holiness, loving-kindness and perfection, well then we're worse off than those who don't like what they see when they look in the mirror.

God bless you brother and my prayer to God our Father for you is that you rely more and more on His (Jesus') strength, His holiness, and His victory, and rest in Him. In Jesus name I ask for it Father. Amen.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think it is impossible for all Christians to get on , even though we are called ‘ to make every effort to be at peace with one another ‘ …we are still human and sometimes it simply is a clash of personality and views. However maybe walking away is also about keeping the peace.
Sometimes we can learn from those encounters though, isn’t it true that if we pray for more patience the Lord often sends someone along that pushes your patience , tests it ect. I guess we have to remember what we have prayed for !! Lol
It's not impossible for Christians to get along - but it's only possible through the Holy Spirit - therefore it's only possible when all parties concerned ensure we all decrease so that He is able to increase (John 3:30).

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not impossible for Christians to get along - but it's only possible through the Holy Spirit - therefore it's only possible when all parties concerned ensure we all decrease so that He is able to increase (John 3:30).
Good point, yes I agree xx
It’s not going to happen though, is it?
In order to decrease we have to become willing and humble, and pride often gets in the way. ……….I would argue that pride lay at the heart of so many things and we can all be guilty of it.
One day we will be United and at peace with one another, when The Lord has finished what he started in all of us ….work in progress xx

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In order to decrease we have to become willing and humble, and pride often gets in the way. ……….I would argue that pride lay at the heart of so many things and we can all be guilty of it.
One day we will be United and at peace with one another, when The Lord has finished what he started in all of us ….work in progress xx
Agreed. Sometimes it's controlled (and sometimes not-so-controlled) anger that is provoked by the way people say things when they argue against something we say, and the words they choose (the subtle insults they throw into a post), but at the end of the day that anger has a root - pride. Thank God He is a good Father. He knows exactly when to rebuke and discipline and when to be patient and kind.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sadly no it is not.... The forums are unique in a way.... we must depend on everyone communicating with respect... I think the biggest problem
is that many seem to come here with an agenda... they want to be heard... at all costs... they do not come with the mindset of speaking with others... but rather speaking AT them... they puff themselves up to think they have unique information that they must share... and if you dare disagree with them.... they attack and belittle.... I do not tolerate this type of behaviour.... however... if there is someone here that I cannot handle... I do NOT read their posts... I do not contribute my thoughts on threads they start... and I do not quote them... so in essence... I am ignoring them. It makes life much easier.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think we can all fall into the trap of not respecting everyone, we all fall short at times. I know I have and it’s often as not because I don’t weigh up my own responses in the same way as i do when others respond to me. It’s a bit like seeing the speck in someone else’s eye and not noticing the plank in our own. That teaching is there for good reason because it is a common issue………… we can be blinded by the plank !! Lol

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think we can all fall into the trap of not respecting everyone, we all fall short at times. I know I have and it’s often as not because I don’t weigh up my own responses in the same way as i do when others respond to me. It’s a bit like seeing the speck in someone else’s eye and not noticing the plank in our own. That teaching is there for good reason because it is a common issue………… we can be blinded by the plank !! Lol
I'm guilty of that also... I don't give an awful lot of respect to bullies... I actually ate a member for breakfast this morning. Generally speaking... I believe I am FAIR. I also understand when it comes to issues of people being arrogant... I don't stand a chance to behave properly... I can't seem to back down.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm guilty of that also... I don't give an awful lot of respect to bullies... I actually ate a member for breakfast this morning. Generally speaking... I believe I am FAIR. I also understand when it comes to issues of people being arrogant... I don't stand a chance to behave properly... I can't seem to back down.
I am not sure that we can honestly say ‘ I don’t stand a chance to behave properly ‘ …..it’s harder for sure, but we are still making a choice in how we respond, not sure God would take that as an excuse Addy , but I think we do sometimes …..think it’s called pushing our luck !! Lol ( said with a smile )
Yes, I saw your earlier post …..I kind of wondered how the person on the receiving end might be feeling , in many respect we can and do often inflict on others what we don’t like being inflicted on ourselves ( sorry but that’s kind of what went through my mind at the time ) That’s what I kind of meant earlier on when we don’t always see what our own responses are like at times, we justify it but others may see it in a completely different way. This is something that I have noticed with myself - it’s not an easy thing to self examine.
Rita

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I saw your earlier post …..I kind of wondered how the person on the receiving end might be feeling , in many respect we can and do often inflict on others what we don’t like being inflicted on ourselves ( sorry but that’s kind of what went through my mind at the time ) That’s what I kind of meant earlier on when we don’t always see what our own responses are like at times, we justify it but others may see it in a completely different way. This is something that I have noticed with myself - it’s not an easy thing to self examine.
Rita
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the history I have with this person... Up until this morning... I have been able to easily avoid them because I don't ever read what they have to say... and I don't make comments on threads that they start.... HE was most aware that he would get a reaction out of me when he quoted me...however... he chose to do so anyways... When one does NOT seem to care how they speak to others... I have an ISSUE with that... kindness does not seem to work with these types... ANYWAYS... this is where I struggle.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if you are familiar with the history I have with this person... Up until this morning... I have been able to easily avoid them because I don't ever read what they have to say... however... I woke up to an alert that showed they quoted me. When one does NOT seem to care how they speak to others... I have an ISSUE with that... kindness does not seem to work with these types... ANYWAYS... this is where I struggle.
Yes, I have a history with some members as well- I get it xx
I struggle as well, that’s the human side of our natures………….I can’t really say ‘ I am better at handling things because it can take me off guard. Rita

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, I have a history with some members as well- I get it xx
I struggle as well, that’s the human side of our natures………….I can’t really say ‘ I am better at handling things because it can take me off guard. Rita
I edited my post.. I added a few things... I do understand that I play a part here Rita... but I am not able to overlook certain things... and yes... this morning I was indeed taken off guard because the quoting of me should just never have happened.
When I do not get along with someone... I stay as far away from them as I can. I expect the same respect in return.

Anyways... this is not an issue that is going to mend for me... I'm not that humble yet...

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We all play a part Addy , just some people have taken over the main roles in the play. I feel like the back end of a horse sometimes !!!!! Lol

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We all play a part Addy , just some people have taken over the main roles in the play. I feel like the back end of a horse sometimes !!!!! Lol
Like I stated before... I am COMFORTED by the fact that you are a staff member here... I am able to relate to you and I trust you... TRUST for me is huge... it is the corner stone of getting real and being honest and transparent... I guess some are not into that... they come here to speak... with no consideration for who is on the hearing end of their words. That is NOT my cup of tea.
If someone does not consider themselves to be a member of... a team player... then I do not think it is wrong to stand up to them... but that's just me... I think the issue here really is RESPECT. We are all a part of... I have no problem taking ownership of ALL my behaviour... including the bad.
So... what I did this morning... may not be GOOD.... but I am not at the stage of thinking it was WRONG. Like you... I am a work in progress.

Edit... I removed my post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rita