Kingdom of God is Within You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm pretty close in agreement, but there's still a little disagreement as to the concept of His Kingdom, which really is still at the forefront of what I've been pointing to.

If you watched the Kundalini Warning video I posted, what kingdom do you think those in those Churches believe they have been subjected to? If one says those are true manifestations of The Holy Spirit, as they think, then an explanation would be needed of how those are also manifestations happening in eastern religions that don't preach Christ crucified (as also shown in the video). If one says those manifestations are not of God, then what kingdom is it that those have been subjected to?
In my opinion, the "kingdom" vs "Church" thing is just semantics.

As for the video, I just don't have time to watch that long of a video right now, but I skipped around. From what I saw, I would say you're probably a Cessationist who believes the Holy Spirit doesn't still manifest Himself in tangible ways. The video uses examples of the devil's counterfeits of things God created as good in order to prove that something else isn't from God. Now I know that's another huge discussion to get into, and I don't really feel like getting into yet another debate right at the moment, but personally, I don't see in the Bible where it says God is going to stop doing miraculous things in the earth.

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Jesus said His Kingdom is not of this world:

John 18:36
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if My kingdom were of this world, then would My servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is My kingdom not from hence.

KJV

When Jesus returns is when He will bring His Kingdom here on earth, and then like Rev.11:15 says, all the kingdoms of this world will become those of The Father and His Son, and He shall reign forever and ever.

Jesus' first coming was meek as a Lamb to be sacrificed on the cross.

Jesus' second coming will be as KING of kings, and LORD of lords.
If you say that then you cannot be from the rapture theory. Than keep following your Bible exactly how it is written in there.

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba

As for the video, I just don't have time to watch that long of a video right now, but I skipped around. From what I saw, I would say you're probably a Cessationist who believes the Holy Spirit doesn't still manifest Himself in tangible ways. The video uses examples of the devil's counterfeits of things God created as good in order to prove that something else isn't from God. Now I know that's another huge discussion to get into, and I don't really feel like getting into yet another debate right at the moment, but personally, I don't see in the Bible where it says God is going to stop doing miraculous things in the earth.
Okay. I can show you where you can read it. It is in the book of Revelation. The angels who hold the four winds. Remember it is a symbolic language. Go search for it and first ask God for open your mind. That is my prayer for myself.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay. I can show you where you can read it. It is in the book of Revelation. The angels who hold the four winds. Remember it is a symbolic language. Go search for it and first ask God for open your mind. That is my prayer for myself.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does to "manifest" mean?

I am talking about Romans 8:19
[19] For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

That Rom.8:19 verse is part of that manifesting of Christ's future Kingdom to come.

Was John definite on what we shall be in the following verse, even though he said now we are the "sons of God"?

1 John 3:2
2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.

KJV

Being called the "sons of God" now is because of our belief on The Father through His Son Jesus Christ. But John above shows there's still a future manifestation to take place that we don't have yet.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Suggestion, if I may: compare these manifestations with Revelation 12:11 KJV [11] And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Those manifestations in that video cannot be compared with Rev.12:11, which is refering to those delivered up to give a Testimony and be killed as said on the 5th Seal of Rev.6. The true cloven tongue of Pentecost was 'understood' in everyone's own language and dialect of birth. The gibberish in that video is not from The Holy Spirit. It is confusion; likewise their jerking around, running and shaking wildly, and making animal noises, is not of The Holy Spirit either.

This is what those manifestations in that video are... the Greek word for 'tare' or 'teareth' in those cases means convulsions:

Mark 9:20
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
KJV

Luke 9:39
39 And, lo, a spirit taketh him, and he suddenly crieth out; and it teareth him that he foameth again, and bruising him hardly departeth from him.
KJV

Luke 9:38-39
38 And, behold, a man of the company cried out, saying, Master, I beseech thee, look upon my son: for he is mine only child.
39 And, lo, a spirit taketh him, and he suddenly crieth out; and it teareth him that he foameth again, and bruising him hardly departeth from him.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, His Kingdom is not of this world. And we (children born from above) are not of this world. Though we are in it.

The first foundation is of jasper...that's Christ (God). He is the cornerstone.

Revelation 21:18-19
[18] And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. [19] And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;...

Yeah, and that foundation will be right here on earth like Rev.21 shows...

Rev 21:2
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

KJV

Rev 21:23-26
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
KJV

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not the Lamb a worthy KING?
Who is worthy to open the seals?

Irrelevant to what I posted. When Jesus returns, He will sit on the throne of His glory, which is the earthly throne of David. Until then, He sits at the right hand of The Father.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Not a real response to my question. Definition of the word for 'kingdom' is different from 'Church'. The word Church doesn't include all things in heaven and earth that is Christ's dominion as King. We in Christ can't even claim the holy mount Zion in Jerusalem today which our Heavenly Father said is where He will dwell forever; the reason being because unbelievers on Christ today control it! But when Christ's future Kingdom comes when He returns, He and His elect will... control that area and the whole earth.

Not at all true. I very much believe that The Holy Spirit works through Christ's faithful today. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't believe it, because of experiences I've had in my own life, but definitely not manifestations like in that video, the video you don't have time for.

But can Satan's servants do a show of miracles? Yes, and you might have realized that if you had watched that video presentation.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you say that then you cannot be from the rapture theory. Than keep following your Bible exactly how it is written in there.

I do as best as God allows me in study of His Word. I don't claim to be perfect, but in this day and time, there aren't that many asking our Heavenly Father and His Son for help in understanding His Word.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And we do want to have a King, but not just any king.
this one

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Things havnt changed

Reactions: amadeus

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
I do as best as God allows me in study of His Word. I don't claim to be perfect, but in this day and time, there aren't that many asking our Heavenly Father and His Son for help in understanding His Word.
My friend it isn't you or me or anybody els who claimed to be saint or perfect. It is God who claims who is perfect or not. Do all you can do with what the Holy Spirit has give you. If you focus are on the spiritual things then the spirit of God speak through you. Happy Sabbath.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those manifestations in that video cannot be compared with Rev.12:11, which is refering to those delivered up to give a Testimony and be killed as said on the 5th Seal of Rev.6. The true cloven tongue of Pentecost was 'understood' in everyone's own language and dialect of birth. The gibberish in that video is not from The Holy Spirit. It is confusion; likewise their jerking around, running and shaking wildly, and making animal noises, is not of The Holy Spirit either.

This is what those manifestations in that video are... the Greek word for 'tare' or 'teareth' in those cases means convulsions:

Mark 9:20
20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
KJV

Luke 9:39
KJV

Luke 9:38-39
38 And, behold, a man of the company cried out, saying, Master, I beseech thee, look upon my son: for he is mine only child.
KJV

Agree. I was in this movement and know it well. The core message is self. To get swept away on a high of feeding the flesh what the flesh wants. Calling it love and sweetness and feeling good. The result is drunkenness.

Jerking, twitching, laughing uncontollably(for no other reason other than being invisibly tickled)...is not a sound mind.(Christ)

1 Timothy 6:20-21
[20] O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: [21] Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

Never said I agree with the "Kingdom now" message of claiming the physical and devouring it for self. Don't agree with the hyper-faith message either. I'm called to put faith in God, not faith in me.

2 Corinthians 3:5
[5] Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;

Yet, in attempting to prove something in error, we have to be careful to not attack truth along with it. False gods are just what they are: false. God is truth.

Last edited:

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all true. I very much believe that The Holy Spirit works through Christ's faithful today. I'd be a liar if I said I didn't believe it, because of experiences I've had in my own life, but definitely not manifestations like in that video, the video you don't have time for.

But can Satan's servants do a show of miracles? Yes, and you might have realized that if you had watched that video presentation.
I didn't watch it all straight through, but I skipped around enough to know that it was calling out some of the same people that a lot of Cessationists call out, like Rodney Howard Browne. I saw enough snippets throughout the entire video to know what it was about. And I'm not going to be an apologist or a judge of any of those guys who claim to be ministers.

I do want to address a general point, though. Like I said before, everything Satan does is a counterfeit and twisting of things that God created. Satan doesn't have the ability to create anything, only pervert. Let's take a look at a common comparison. Psychics vs the biblical gift of prophecy, or the word of wisdom or word of knowledge if you want to get deeper into that. They both have similar purposes. A psychic who isn't a scammer will tell people things they couldn't possibly know in the natural. Likewise, the Holy Spirit will do the same types of things with His gifts that He gives to His people as He wills. The Bible is very clear against things like divination, yet it also speaks very positively towards God's prophets, who do pretty much the exact same thing.

So what is the difference? There is one huge difference. One glorifies either the devil or man, and the other glorifies God and points people to God and His will. The gift, in and of itself, works in a similar way, but the intent is completely different. So you don't judge the manifestation; you judge the intent and heart of the person behind the manifestation to see where it is coming from. If someone is glorifying themselves or the devil, then the gift is from the devil. If someone is glorifying God and pointing people to Him, the gift is from the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

All of that to say this, I've been in situations where I've experienced both sides. I've experienced what it's like to pray in tongues, but I've also experienced a demon possessed person speaking in a demonic tongue to try to curse me. Let me just tell you, you can clearly tell a huge difference between the two by how it makes you feel in your spirit. Likewise, I've been around people who are of false religions, and had a bad feeling inside, yet I've been in the midst of Christian settings with similar manifestations to the glimpses I saw in that video, and felt pure and good inside. And the witness that went along with it was that people were being pointed to God, the gospel was preached, and people were inspired to live their lives committed to Jesus.

Like I said, I'm not trying to defend anyone, because I don't know them well enough to defend them. My only point is that we should judge based on the heart of a person, and whether Jesus is glorified, rather than based on a manifestation that we don't understand. You can't put God in a box, and you can't judge what might reach someone who is not you. I heard a story once from a person who was in a church service in a place they had never been to. The Holy Spirit was moving in that service, and the person felt like God wanted them to speak out, "Kraft macaroni and cheese." This person obviously thought that's a ridiculous thought that wasn't from God. He wasn't going to say it. But it didn't let up, so eventually, he just belted it out, "Kraft macaroni and cheese." Nothing happened right away, so he pretty much thought he was an idiot. But later on, a woman came up to him bawling, and said she had been praying for her son's salvation, and he is a truck driver for Kraft. God spoke something that seemed ridiculous, but it was a personalized encouragement to that mother that He heard her prayers.

Reactions: amadeus

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't watch it all straight through, but I skipped around enough to know that it was calling out some of the same people that a lot of Cessationists call out, like Rodney Howard Browne. I saw enough snippets throughout the entire video to know what it was about. And I'm not going to be an apologist or a judge of any of those guys who claim to be ministers.

I do want to address a general point, though. Like I said before, everything Satan does is a counterfeit and twisting of things that God created. Satan doesn't have the ability to create anything, only pervert. Let's take a look at a common comparison. Psychics vs the biblical gift of prophecy, or the word of wisdom or word of knowledge if you want to get deeper into that. They both have similar purposes. A psychic who isn't a scammer will tell people things they couldn't possibly know in the natural. Likewise, the Holy Spirit will do the same types of things with His gifts that He gives to His people as He wills. The Bible is very clear against things like divination, yet it also speaks very positively towards God's prophets, who do pretty much the exact same thing.

So what is the difference? There is one huge difference. One glorifies either the devil or man, and the other glorifies God and points people to God and His will. The gift, in and of itself, works in a similar way, but the intent is completely different. So you don't judge the manifestation; you judge the intent and heart of the person behind the manifestation to see where it is coming from. If someone is glorifying themselves or the devil, then the gift is from the devil. If someone is glorifying God and pointing people to Him, the gift is from the Holy Spirit.

I have to disagree with you on those underlined points. When you have manifestations in Churches like the body jerking, uncontrollable laughter, making animal noises, falling backwards, and speaking gibberish, being done also in religions (like Hinduism in the video) that do not preach Christ Jesus, then it's easy to know those manifestations are not... of The Holy Spirit. It's as simple as that.

A deceived brother can be exhibiting those kind of manifestations and think it's of The Holy Spirit (like in the video) and be totally duped, so by just discerning his character is not enough to tell where those manifestations are coming from. The way we are to discern is by staying in God's Word by The Holy Spirit giving us understanding. We were well warned about signs and wonders for the last days (Matt.24:24; 2 Thess.2:9-10; Rev.13:13-14).

Just so I make myself clear on this, brethren believers on Christ Jesus CAN... exhibit manifestations from the devil IF they allow false prophets to come in among them, trusting in those false prophets, signs and wonders.

Reactions: Pipiripi

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this one

1Sa_8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

Things havnt changed
Aye, many people have already decided although they do not realize that this may for them be a delusion. This is why, I believe, our direct line communication with God must be on a daily basis.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Aye, many people have already decided although they do not realize that this may for them be a delusion. This is why, I believe, our direct line communication with God must be on a daily basis.

and in stead of staying close and not wandering off in all different directions like lost sheep impossible to contact anymore - lets just ask and consider exactly where 'within you' is for you or where the temple of the Holy Spirit that has been made into a temple of thieves requiring cleansing - twinc

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and in stead of staying close
You mean, of course, staying close to God.

and not wandering off in all different directions like lost sheep impossible to contact anymore
Of course God is everywhere, so if there is a gap in communication between one of us and Him, the problem is never on His side.
- lets just ask and consider exactly where 'within you' is for you
I would say it is where the "new man" is, but actually it is wherever God says that it is.
or where the temple of the Holy Spirit that has been made into a temple of thieves requiring cleansing - twinc
Well I work on surrendering daily to the lead of the Holy Spirit so that the temple of me would remain clean...

Last edited: