Kingdom of God is Within You

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Davy

Plus I have one question of logic. If the only purpose of the gift of speaking in tongues is speaking to someone in their native language, then why would we need the gift of interpretation? They already understand the language.

I already showed you that Paul was talking about known languages of the world in 1 Cor.12 thru 14. That's why he gave the example of someone speaking another language no one could interpret being as a barbarian, meaning a foreigner:

1 Cor 14:10-11
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
KJV

He was not talking about an unknown tongue with that. Paul was talking about known languages of the world, and in a situation with a foreigner that speaks a different known language of the world.

Anyway, I'm satisfied that my experiences back up my understanding of the scriptures. You can believe what you want, but you're definitely not going to change my beliefs any more than someone who read a book about the Grand Canyon could try to teach a Havasupai Native American about the Grand Canyon when they've lived there all their lives.

I'm definitely not saying you're not my brother in Christ. But I do feel like you're missing out on a big part of what God wants to do in our lives. And I just want to clearly state with my whole heart that I believe Jesus came in the flesh, He is the Son of the Living God, He died and was raised from the dead, and He is the Lord of my life. He's my everything. This is not to prove anything, except that I love Jesus.

1 Corinthians 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

1 John 4:2 By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

Romans 10:9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus [as] Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

I'm not saying you aren't a brother in Christ either. I never suggested any such idea.

I choose to stay with God's Word on how to recognize the true cloven tongue of Pentecost. So I won't be swayed either. And if or when I hear the true cloven tongue spoken, I know from God's Word that everyone present will hear in their own language of birth, and that's the actual miracle; God knows how we speak and hear.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying you aren't a brother in Christ either. I never suggested any such idea.
Thank you. Then we can disagree, yet still love each other as brothers and be part of the same family. :)

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
I'm sure it grieves the Holy Spirit to hear people say we no longer need Him.

I am sure it grieves the H/S that most claiming His special and individual inspiration, guidance and indwelling are producing rotten fruits and attributing these to Him and refusing to accept His sources of proper inspiration, guidance and indwelling that He has provided as infallible safe and certain inspiration, guidance and indwelling not freely available on demand to or by just any Tom, Mick or Mary imho - twinc

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am sure it grieves the H/S that most claiming His special and individual inspiration, guidance and indwelling are producing rotten fruits and attributing these to Him and refusing to accept His sources of proper inspiration, guidance and indwelling that He has provided as infallible safe and certain inspiration, guidance and indwelling not freely available on demand to or by just any Tom, Mick or Mary imho - twinc

Watch the video I posted and you will see proof of false manifestations that some in the Church claim is from The Holy Spirit.

One of the strongest proofs those kind of manifestations are not of The Holy Spirit is because those of other... religions that don't preach Christ are doing them too.

2 Cor 6:14-15
14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
KJV

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." I Cor 13:8

Yes, so then perhaps when knowledge vanishes away at the same time tongues shall cease. I do not see where knowledge has vanished to this point. The time is the Lord's. We will have it until it is gone from us:

"And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer" Rev 10:6

depends what you accept as knowledge - what we have is gibberish and long and lengthy babble with everyone claiming special and individual inspiration and guidance imho - twinc

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Kingdom is anywhere, where a King reigns.
Dear sister, you nailed it. for the Kingdom is where the King is, and the King is in us who believe. and the Kingdom came on Pentecost. Acts 2:1-4 "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 "And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 "And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. 4 "And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance".

supportive scripture, NO observation,
John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22 "Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?".

the WORLD did not see the coming, because it is Spiritual, and Christ Jesus is the Spirit, the Holy Spirit.

supportive scripture, Kingdom "WITHIN"...... INDWELLING,
John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him".

To Abode is to ABIDE, meaning to indwell. 1 John 3:24 "And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us".

HOW?, by the Spirit, the Comforter. and who is the Comforter? the KING. Revelation 19:16.

PCY.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Luke 17 when the Pharisees demanded an asnwer from our Lord Jesus when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus answered this:

Luke 17:20-21
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

KJV

The Greek word for "within" there is entos, and means 'inside'. So does that mean God's Kingdom has no literal establishing, that it's just a spiritual idea that exists floating in the ether, with no real substance?

That is exactly what the mystical fraternities believe today.

But that is NOT... the idea our Lord Jesus Christ meant when He said that the Kingdom of God is within you.

The mystical fraternities believe in a type of do-it-yourself type salvation, and that we each can become our own god, and that each must through initiation and spiritual meditation exercises overcome this world, and release the soul from the need of reincarnation again and again, similar to what eastern religion believe what those like Buddah did.

Many of today's mystics think that Christ is not an actual person, but that Christ is a supernatural force in the spirit realm which every person can attune to through mystical exercises, becoming their own Christ. They leave off the name Jesus because they believe Jesus was just a man like us that achieved The Christ by attuning his inner self to this Christ Spirit. They believe all the major religious honchos of history, like Buddha, Mohammed, Krishna, Zoroaster, etc., acheived the Christ Spirit. This is definitely... not what our Lord Jesus Christ meant, nor is The Christ just about a cosmic force.

Our Lord Jesus was pointing to the future resurrection when He said the Kingdom of God is within you. What happens at the resurrection in the future at Jesus' return? Those still alive are changed, at the twinkling of an eye Paul said, on the "last trump", the "spiritual body" being the change. So obviously today, that change has not happened yet, for it will occur on the day of Christ's return.

But the mystic thinks he can make that change without Christ Jesus, and achieve nirvana. Be very careful brethren when you hear others speak that way, thinking the kingdom of God within you means just a spirit thing inside our inner being, because those who practice the occult arts think that very thing, that it's just a spirit thing inside us, and that it can be developed through spiritual exercises, meditation and incense, chanting mantras and ceremonial ritual.

Who are these people?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.

The Kingdon of God is a Presently a MANIFESTED kingdom in real concrete people. any Kingdom is manifested by its people, its culture, its Ideals, its way, ect... and these manifestations are representative of the GOVERNING body of the Kingdon, the KING.

our King and or Governor is the LORD JESUS the Christ himself. the King or Governing body is representative of A. his Ambassadors, and B. his people. and the people represent the King. so the question. "HOW?" Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me".

PCY.

Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Kingdom of God is NOT yet established upon this earth today. What is established is Christ's Church, and that does not involve David's throne which Jesus is to inherit when He returns to this earth.

Even during Christ's future "thousand years" reign with His elect, that will still not be the Kingdom of God yet, but only after Jesus has reigned over all His enemies will He then deliver up the kingdom to The Father (see 1 Corinthians 15:23-28).

The wicked will never see... the Kingdom of God, for it involves the new heavens and a new earth.

So for these reasons, no man, nor any religious group, nor Church, can try to create the Kingdom of God here on earth today, for it is not yet time.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
The Kingdom of God is NOT yet established upon this earth today. What is established is Christ's Church, and that does not involve David's throne which Jesus is to inherit when He returns to this earth.

Even during Christ's future "thousand years" reign with His elect, that will still not be the Kingdom of God yet, but only after Jesus has reigned over all His enemies will He then deliver up the kingdom to The Father (see 1 Corinthians 15:23-28).

The wicked will never see... the Kingdom of God, for it involves the new heavens and a new earth.

So for these reasons, no man, nor any religious group, nor Church, can try to create the Kingdom of God here on earth today, for it is not yet time.

imho even when it is time it cannot possibly be anywhere other than within you or else it will have to be without you and you without it - twinc

Reactions: Helen

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imho even when it is time it cannot possibly be anywhere other than within you or else it will have to be without you and you without it - twinc

That is what some Christian Churches believe and is why they are helping the NWO globalists in building their "one world government", which is a mimic of Christ's Kingdom to come on earth. It is one of the reasons why God is going to send them the "strong delusion" Apostle Paul was talking about in 2 Thessalonians 2.

What many don't grasp, is that if Christ's Kingdom is only... within us (i.e., our inner self), then why would Jesus even need to return to this earth and sit upon a throne, specifically David's throne? That also is why some of those same ones say Jesus is already sitting upon David's throne, in Heaven, when that is not so.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
That is what some Christian Churches believe and is why they are helping the NWO globalists in building their "one world government", which is a mimic of Christ's Kingdom to come on earth. It is one of the reasons why God is going to send them the "strong delusion" Apostle Paul was talking about in 2 Thessalonians 2.

What many don't grasp, is that if Christ's Kingdom is only... within us (i.e., our inner self), then why would Jesus even need to return to this earth and sit upon a throne, specifically David's throne? That also is why some of those same ones say Jesus is already sitting upon David's throne, in Heaven, when that is not so.

within us has nothing to do with inner self but with mind which is not really inner if so show where - twinc

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are these people?

They are the children of darkness, the "mystery of iniquity", the occult factions.
within us has nothing to do with inner self but with mind which is not really inner if so show where - twinc

What Jesus said has to do with the idea of a spiritual kingdom, not the mind of a materialist trained in Leftist philosophy.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
They are the children of darkness, the "mystery of iniquity", the occult factions.

What Jesus said has to do with the idea of a spiritual kingdom, not the mind of a materialist trained in Leftist philosophy.

the mistake you make is mind is in no way material and the only way to know Him - twinc

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well, the demons are often found in the demonizing, I suppose.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
sit upon a throne, specifically David's throne?

Davy, a question for you. First of all, know that I am not blind; I can see that the Kingdom has not yet manifested, which is to appear. That which is unseen, being seen.

The question or question(s) are: who is the corner, who is the foundation of God's house? Are stones that, if the Lord held His peace would cry out...literal stones? Or Stoney hearts, soon to be made hearts of flesh by the Lord's straight path to the crucifix? It is important:

(1 Kings 5:5-11) "hew me cedar trees out of Lebanon" is the same as the (costly) stones, the molten sea, the fir trees, the vessels within the house(used for God's purpose), the PILLARS, the brasen wheels, and the boards of cedar cut down and used to cross over the sea and (timber)used in the building Solomons house(and David's); all being a shadow of what was to come. All were used in God's house. God's house is Spiritual. Every word spoken IS Spirit. Why are you looking for a physical throne? Don't misunderstand the point I am attempting to make in Gods throne being on earth...but why insists the throne of God is physical? When the foundation is alive?

1 Samuel 2:8
[8] He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's , and he hath set the world upon them.

Acts 5:12 KJV
[12] And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

Revelation 3:12
[12] Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, a question for you. First of all, know that I am not blind; I can see that the Kingdom has not yet manifested, which is to appear. That which is unseen, being seen.

The question or question(s) are: who is the corner, who is the foundation of God's house? Are stones that, if the Lord held His peace would cry out...literal stones? Or Stoney hearts, soon to be made hearts of flesh by the Lord's straight path to the crucifix? It is important:

(1 Kings 5:5-11) "hew me cedar trees out of Lebanon" is the same as the (costly) stones, the molten sea, the fir trees, the vessels within the house(used for God's purpose), the PILLARS, the brasen wheels, and the boards of cedar cut down and used to cross over the sea and (timber)used in the building Solomons house(and David's); all being a shadow of what was to come. All were used in God's house. God's house is Spiritual. Every word spoken IS Spirit. Why are you looking for a physical throne? Don't misunderstand the point I am attempting to make in Gods throne being on earth...but why insists the throne of God is physical? When the foundation is alive?

1 Samuel 2:8
[8] He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord's , and he hath set the world upon them.

Acts 5:12 KJV
[12] And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

Revelation 3:12
[12] Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

I'm not disputing the existence of Christ's spiritual kingdom, i.e., the spiritual temple of Ephesians 2 with the prophets and Apostles as the foundation and Jesus as the Chief Cornerstone, and us as lively stones.

What I dispute are those who try to treat His Kingdom as being completed, and how they say He is not going to literally return to establish His Kingdom here on earth when God's Holy Writ reveals He will literally return and literally establish His Kingdom here on earth with His elect.

Some Churches today are so steeped in Preterist doctrines of men that they no longer believe Jesus' 2nd coming is about a literal bodily return, but instead that Jesus' 2nd coming is spiritual and already happened (see Full Preterism). Thus they think to be able to establish Jesus' Kingdom here on earth now. That is not what God's Holy Writ teaches. It instead is what the mystery of iniquity is pushing to deceive.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thus they think to be able to establish Jesus' Kingdom here on earth now.

Do you mean the movement of "we bring the Kingdom down to earth"? If so, I agree that this Kingdom they say they bring to earth, does not resemble His Kingdom but something entirely different...worldly in spirit.

Oddly: Solomon's porch was also known as "The Women's Court" by king Herod. The women's court was as far as women could go. It was the court for the poor and the widows and the women. The Eastern side. A "woman" being anyone that belongs to the husband.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Well, the demons are often found in the demonizing, I suppose.
ya, scapegoats are handy, huh

on the fly here, but there is a lesson buried in scapegoats, scapegoats are actually vitally necessary, to a certain perspective; to a person in a certain place, lacking self-esteem or whatever. And the lesson is found in offering a scapegoat to this person, as strange as that sounds at first.

It is a sacrifice that one can make really only when one is in the position of being the "loser" in a transaction, and it is hard to do it with the correct face--otherwise the one needing the scapegoat will feel patronized or whatever, and they are going to be very sensitive to this right then, right?

So this offering of a scapegoat is like a cousin to "overlooking a matter," dunno if i described it very well. I only learned it by accident, by not even realizing what was going on at the time, but essentially what you do is take the sensitivity of the needer, and kind of turn it back on them, to the point where they are made to see that they are the only ones who needed the scapegoat.

prolly better to just watch for this and don't try to manufacture it, good way to lose a friend

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Do you mean the movement of "we bring the Kingdom down to earth"? If so, I agree that this Kingdom they say they bring to earth, does not resemble His Kingdom but something entirely different...worldly in spirit.
there are counterfeits i guess, but imo that does not negate the fact that the kingdom is within us, or beside us, right now.
the kingdom is already established here, on earth, whether "we" are a part of it or not imo