KJV The Pure Word of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts of the apostles 2:38
Acts of the apostles 2:41
Acts of the apostles 8:12
Acts of the apostles 8:13
Acts of the apostles 8:16
Acts of the apostles 8:38
Acts of the apostles 9:18
Acts of the apostles 10:47
Acts of the apostles 16:15
Acts of the apostles 16:33
Acts of the apostles 18:8
Acts of the apostles 19:5

Romans 6:3.

1 Corinthians 1:16
1 Corinthians 12:13

Galatians 3:27.

And if you respond with some nonsense that voids these scriptures then this exchange is over.

I’m sick of the games that people play around here with the Bible.
Excellent post.

These men are known as Acts skippers, apparent in their arguments against and rejection of those verses.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Provide Bible evidence for Baptism required for salvation
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Yep, for the remission of sins.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of the references are even valid

That’s what I thought.

You’d be wise to take heed to that which is written:

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.” (Deuteronomy 4:2)

“But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.” (Psalms 50:16-17)

“I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.” (Psalms 101:3)

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Provide Bible evidence for Baptism required for salvation
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Your lesson for today....say "and is" 100 times.

You will then understand what Jesus said.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, such happens when someone invents a name to replace "Jesus".

You're "something else"......

Jesus is a manufactured name. The Sovereign Son of God never heard "Jesus" in His entire advent. You're being ridiculous.

Like I said, He is known by many names throughout the tongues of men.

Reactions: Jim B

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're "something else"......

Jesus is a manufactured name. The Sovereign Son of God never heard "Jesus" in His entire advent. You're being ridiculous.

Like I said, He is known by many names throughout the tongues of men.
The messiah was named by the angel in Matt 1, "Iesous".

We say Jesus because it sounds like Iesous.

We don't say Yeshua because it sounds like a Chinese skateboard or Chinese sneezing .

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The messiah was named by the angel in Matt 1, "Iesous".

We say Jesus because it sounds like Iesous.

We don't say Yeshua because it sounds like a Chinese skateboard or Chinese sneezing .

You're very ignorant. Iesous is pronounced..... EE ee s oo s...

No matter how you try, you will never get a "JE" in Iesous....

You don't know how to properly pronounce Yeshua. No one does. Which is my point. Your claim to "chinese skateboard" is down right stupid.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're very ignorant. Iesous is pronounced..... EE ee s oo s...

No matter how you try, you will never get a "JE" in Iesous....

You don't know how to properly pronounce Yeshua. No one does. Which is my point. Your claim to "chinese skateboard" is down right stupid.
Ye, ye, ye..SHUA!

Bless you and thanks for using your sleeve!.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That’s what I thought.

You’d be wise to take heed to that which is written:

“Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.” (Deuteronomy 4:2)

“But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.” (Psalms 50:16-17)

“I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.” (Psalms 101:3)

None of the verses are valid because IF as you and those who believe in water baptism as part of salvation, then you have to explain why Paul was pleased that he himself baptised a few and said that He was called not to baptise but to preach the Gospel. It is very clear from what Paul says that water baptism is NOT for salvation

This is what the Bible actually says. Not the nonsense that some teach

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Your lesson for today....say "and is" 100 times.

You will then understand what Jesus said.

Can you not understand the English language?

Jesus did not say "if you don't believe and not baptised"

Water baptism follows salvation

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of the verses are valid because IF as you and those who believe in water baptism as part of salvation, then you have to explain why Paul was pleased that he himself baptised a few and said that He was called not to baptise but to preach the Gospel. It is very clear from what Paul says that water baptism is NOT for salvation

This is what the Bible actually says. Not the nonsense that some teach
Paul's brethren did all his baptizing.

I do most of the teaching and others do most of the baptizing in the name of Jesus Christ when sinners want to be saved.

Same set up.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you not understand the English language?

Jesus did not say "if you don't believe and not baptised"

Water baptism follows salvation
Lol...

You MUST say "and is" 100 times today to get your certificate....

Start now...and is, and is, and is, and is....

C'mon, do it.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is REPENTANCE that already SAVED the sinner who then gets baptised
I see how you read it....

16 He that believeth and is SAVED shall be saved, THEN LATER BAPTIZED; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

But, that is not what Jesus said, is it?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
explain why Paul was pleased that he himself baptised a few and said that He was called not to baptise but to preach the Gospel.

Here’s why:

“Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.” (1 Corinthians 1:15)

Because of this:

“For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?” (1 Corinthians 1:11-13)

Nothing to do with baptism being excluded from the salvation process.

Reactions: Truther

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Here’s why:

“Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name.” (1 Corinthians 1:15)

Because of this:

“For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you. Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?” (1 Corinthians 1:11-13)

Verse 17 is the key

For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with words of eloquent wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

Clear that water Baptism cannot be for salvation

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s why:

Because of this:

Great post.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel …Clear that water Baptism cannot be for salvation

Nonsense!

Paul baptized here:

Paul… came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.” (Acts 19:1-6)

And Paul baptized in the very chapter you use:

“I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.” (1 Corinthians 1:14-16)

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nonsense!

Paul baptized here:

Paul… came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.” (Acts 19:1-6)

And Paul baptized in the very chapter you use:

“I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other.” (1 Corinthians 1:14-16)

WHY are you ignoring verse 17