KJV The Pure Word of God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.... There is a balance to be found through Study of the Written Scriptures and finding God's voice in our hearts.

The latter is much more difficult.
Great!

A question then:

Having a 2,000 year old mandate (by Christ) then, that these times are the times of the "other sheep" He must also bring, wherein He has arranged the commencement of God's spirit being poured out upon all flesh beginning at Pentecost as foretold by Joel the prophet and confirmed by Peter, and the leading unto "all truth" by the Holy Spirit...which would you say is the order of the day: 1) study the written word, or 2) receive the Spirit who writes upon the heart?

Anyone?

PS, I would say both. But the point is...it is not just the one.

Reactions: Jim B

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great!

A question then:

Having a 2,000 year old mandate (by Christ) then, that these times are the times of the "other sheep" He must also bring, wherein He has arranged the commencement of God's spirit being poured out upon all flesh beginning at Pentecost as foretold by Joel the prophet and confirmed by Peter, and the leading unto "all truth" by the Holy Spirit...which would you say is the order of the day: 1) study the written word, or 2) receive the Spirit who writes upon the heart?

Anyone?

PS, I would say both. But the point is...it is not just the one.

You got that from your denomination. Not from your heart nor the Written Scriptures.

"other sheep" was nothing more than those who were not with Jesus at the time. He was among silly men who didn't like to share anything with anyone....

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you call everyone who disagrees with you a liar? Yet you own views as I have shown are false!

I think I've used the word "liar" once today. I do use the word lie. That is what false information is. A lie.

Do you prefer "fibber"?

You haven't shown anything. You're a good theologian like so many today. Like I said. Claim your win. Stay ignorant. I'm not going to argue with you anymore since you refuse to deal with anything I've said.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You got that from your denomination. Not from your heart nor the Written Scriptures.

"other sheep" was nothing more than those who were not with Jesus at the time. He was among silly men who didn't like to share anything with anyone....
You are wrong on many accounts:

No, not my denomination. I have none.

Yes, from both those things written on the heart, but also the scriptures:

Jesus said “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Then said, "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd." That is two folds, One shepherd....not "silly men" and "those who were not with Jesus at the time." As it is written: "the Jew first and also for the Greek."​

Reactions: Jim B

Bob Carabbio

Aug 3, 2016
Dallas, TX
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bob you're a charismatic that pretends they can speak the tongues of angels.

Are you REALLY THAT TOTALLY IGNORANT of what Pentecostals/Charismatics teach about "tongues"??? Apparently so.
I've never been taught that I "Speak in the tongues of Angels".

Bob. We BOTH has issues. The problem is, I recognize mine.

And why would you have the silly idea that I don't???? I SIN with some regularity JUST LIKE YOU DO. And I repent, and confess my SIN also. maybe you do also -

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are wrong on many accounts:

No, not my denomination. I have none.

Yes, from both those things written on the heart, but also the scriptures:

Jesus said “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.” Then said, "And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd." That is two folds, One shepherd....not "silly men" and "those who were not with Jesus at the time." As it is written: "the Jew first and also for the Greek."​

Jesus never said those words together. Never. Prove it. That is YOUR mistake.

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you REALLY THAT TOTALLY IGNORANT of what Pentecostals/Charismatics teach about "tongues"??? Apparently so.
I've never been taught that I "Speak in the tongues of Angels".

And why would you have the silly idea that I don't???? I SIN with some regularity JUST LIKE YOU DO. And I repent, and confess my SIN also. maybe you do also -

I know the doctrines well. I've had family members among them as long as I've been alive on this earth.

Paul spoke of the "tongues of angels".

1Co 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,

praise_yeshua

Apr 19, 2022
America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, you disobey Acts 2:38, as I suspected.

Luke wrote the book of Acts and didn't know a single work of English. Luke would appeal to either the Greek name for Joshua or the Hebrew.

Jesus Christ is known by many names throughout the many tongues of men. Your restricts are just that. Your restrictions.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep, you disobey Acts 2:38, as I suspected.

So Paul, a 1st Century Jew, actually spoke English. I had no idea!

Are you nuts? Peter spoke Aramaic and Jesus' Semitic name was "Yeshua" (a transliteration of course). And the verse literally says "Messiah"; "Yeshua" is not mentioned by name in the early texts.

Why do you call yourself "truther"?

Reactions: reformed1689