KJV vs. other translations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Spirit is our teacher. The word is alive and true seekers or true believers can  FEEL the life of the word.

I personally use only the KJV, I like the archaic (some call it) language and the way it flows through me.

Remember God spoke through a donkey to a man once. What makes any think we can stifle Him and his Spirit from reaching hearts to know him through salvation.

It is the dissection or breakdown that some do in using other languages to get knowledge when any that search for God WILL find him through his Spirit.

Puffing ourselves up by displaying OUR SUPERIORITY in thoughts and words not our own makes others see the truth of our inadequacies.

Any can cite what they find as an interpretation but without the Spirit of God's guidance it is JUST WORDS !

Reactions: marks and Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes indeed , STICK to the KJV . This was well planned out and many have fallen for it .
Choose the translation that best "speaks" to you. The KJV is just one version out of many. IMHO the language is beautiful but it is based on limited scholarship compared to what we have today and the meaning is often unclear.

BTW, what was well planned out and many have fallen for it?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to know what everyone one thinks on this subjectEveryone knows the KJV to be the best translation in english but why is the NIV and other versions rejected by some christians.Im going to look at the other side of the coin first.if the other bible are bad compared to the KJV then why would people take the time to translate the NIV for example verse by verse and another perspective for those who think the only version worth reading is KJVif other versions are not correct that could mean the devil helped the people who took a painstaking effort to decieve us...and yet I do not believe that because for satan to say good things for the sake of evil would be to contradict himself for he is incapable of doing good things.please replywould be much appreciated
Writing that "Everyone knows the KJV to be the best translation in english" is silly. It's simply your opinion.

"Why is the NIV and other versions rejected by some Christians"? Because they either prefer another translation or their minds are closed.

Also, how do you determine what is a "correct" translation? Are you a Biblical scholar, with access to the best sources, have a thorough understanding of the ancient languages, and the ability to translate those languages into English, despite the differences in vocabulary, verb tenses, grammar, idioms, etc? Clearly you do not understand the methodology and art behind translation.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's Spirit is our teacher. The word is alive and true seekers or true believers can  FEEL the life of the word.

I personally use only the KJV, I like the archaic (some call it) language and the way it flows through me.

Remember God spoke through a donkey to a man once. What makes any think we can stifle Him and his Spirit from reaching hearts to know him through salvation.

It is the dissection or breakdown that some do in using other languages to get knowledge when any that search for God WILL find him through his Spirit.

Puffing ourselves up by displaying OUR SUPERIORITY in thoughts and words not our own makes others see the truth of our inadequacies.

Any can cite what they find as an interpretation but without the Spirit of God's guidance it is JUST WORDS !
Go through some of those corrupt Bible versions that rely on different Greek texts of Wescott and Hort's 1881 new Greek translation, and then do a comparison of New Age type thinking. Then maybe you will 'feel' what's actually going on with the devil's attack of God's written Word.

One of the Christian scholars in old Alexandria, Egypt was Origen. He was later excommunicated because he was joining Neo-Platonist Greek philosophy with Christian doctrine. There was a Christian school in Alexandria, Egypt, and that was one of the problems in that area, because of all the pagan philosophy in that area. Now if you are not familiar with Neo-Platonism, basically it's just another form of 2nd century Gnosticism.

See the movie with Tom Hanks called The Da Vinci Code; that contains a lot of the false doctrines that the old Gnostics believed. They didn't believe Jesus really died on the cross, and they believed He married Mary Magdalene and they had children. The Da Vinci Code movie is based on books like Holy Blood, Holy Grail, atheists who try to push the Occultist believe that Jesus was just human like any other man, and not God. It is that kind of thinking which the later Bible versions are pushing, having adopted many New Age ideas that are linked to Gnosticism.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Writing that "Everyone knows the KJV to be the best translation in english" is silly. It's simply your opinion.

"Why is the NIV and other versions rejected by some Christians"? Because they either prefer another translation or their minds are closed.

Also, how do you determine what is a "correct" translation? Are you a Biblical scholar, with access to the best sources, have a thorough understanding of the ancient languages, and the ability to translate those languages into English, despite the differences in vocabulary, verb tenses, grammar, idioms, etc? Clearly you do not understand the methodology and art behind translation.
My mind was 'open' to the NIV translation, until I began reading from it to know it was a corrupt translation.

And what a lot of people don't really know, is that Zondervan publishers OWN the copyright to the NIV! No one owns the copyright to the 1611 KJV Bible. It's kind of obvious the fake scholars who keep putting out new Bible versions and editions with their publisher retaining 'copyrights' is for the process of MAKING MONEY, and NOT to spread God's Truth.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go through some of those corrupt Bible versions that rely on different Greek texts of Wescott and Hort's 1881 new Greek translation, and then do a comparison of New Age type thinking. Then maybe you will 'feel' what's actually going on with the devil's attack of God's written Word.

One of the Christian scholars in old Alexandria, Egypt was Origen. He was later excommunicated because he was joining Neo-Platonist Greek philosophy with Christian doctrine. There was a Christian school in Alexandria, Egypt, and that was one of the problems in that area, because of all the pagan philosophy in that area. Now if you are not familiar with Neo-Platonism, basically it's just another form of 2nd century Gnosticism.

See the movie with Tom Hanks called The Da Vinci Code; that contains a lot of the false doctrines that the old Gnostics believed. They didn't believe Jesus really died on the cross, and they believed He married Mary Magdalene and they had children. The Da Vinci Code movie is based on books like Holy Blood, Holy Grail, atheists who try to push the Occultist believe that Jesus was just human like any other man, and not God. It is that kind of thinking which the later Bible versions are pushing, having adopted many New Age ideas that are linked to Gnosticism.

I don't need to read anything as I've said my preferred bible is KJV. I don't even own any other translation. When the Spirit moves me to witness he reminds me of the verses then in my plain English I talk with the other in our language.

I have seen the Da' Vinci Code several times and read Dan Brown's book of the same name.

I trust my God and his Spirit enough that I won't be deceived by such nonsense.
I also APPLY myself to the study of the word by the Spirit that guides me.

The devil has tried from day one in heaven to debunk and overthrow ALL that is GOD. This age is no different except in it's inventions. I do NOT believe it is possible for God's true believers to be deceived if they are IN CHRIST and are applying their faith in study, prayer and a desire to be in his will.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, and many brethren just by hearing... this presentation think it's propaganda just because their preachers have not been real disciplined in watching over the flock with what Bible version they're using.

Christ's Apostles actually warned us about these kind of deceptions for the end (2 Peter 2; Romans 16:17; 1 Corinthians 11:19; 1 Timothy 4; 2 Timothy 3).
I did my own research as well , years back in the library . STICK to the KJV . Yes indeed my friend .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Choose the translation that best "speaks" to you. The KJV is just one version out of many. IMHO the language is beautiful but it is based on limited scholarship compared to what we have today and the meaning is often unclear.

BTW, what was well planned out and many have fallen for it?
Wrong my friend . Choose the text that is truly accurate . Choose the KJV . They beguiled the heck out of many souls .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't need to read anything as I've said my preferred bible is KJV. I don't even own any other translation. When the Spirit moves me to witness he reminds me of the verses then in my plain English I talk with the other in our language.

I have seen the Da' Vinci Code several times and read Dan Brown's book of the same name.

The devil has tried from day one in heaven to debunk and overthrow ALL that is GOD. This age is no different except in it's inventions. I do NOT believe it is possible for God's true believers to be deceived if they are IN CHRIST and are applying their faith in study, prayer and a desire to be in his will.
Fine, if that's what you prefer, even if it's a flawed, archaic rendition of the earliest and best texts.

However, I agree with you when you write "I do NOT believe it is possible for God's true believers to be deceived if they are IN CHRIST and are applying their faith in study, prayer and a desire to be in his will."

Reactions: Keturah

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong my friend . Choose the text that is truly accurate . Choose the KJV . They beguiled the heck out of many souls .
You're joking, right? On what true basis do you claim the KJV to be "truly accurate"?

And what are you referring to when you write the non-sequitor " They beguiled the heck out of many souls"?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wescott and hort BEGUILED THEM ALL .
Of course! They had an evil intent from day one to confuse the masses and destroy God' pure word. NOT!!!

Your criticism of Westcott and Hort is nonsense. Your thinking is biased! It's time to give up this well-worn myth and seek the truth!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course! They had an evil intent from day one to confuse the masses and destroy God' pure word. NOT!!!

Your criticism of Westcott and Hort is nonsense. Your thinking is biased! It's time to give up this well-worn myth and seek the truth!
They are false .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All that is just opinion, and still eludes the facts.

And the facts are, the new Greek text which the 19th century British scholars Wescott and Hort sneaked in 1881 which became the Critical text, a totally different Greek text than was used prior to the 1880s, changes many meanings in New Testament Scripture which the Traditional Greek text has had since the 1st century Church.