KJV vs. other translations

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that is just opinion, and still eludes the facts.

And the facts are, the new Greek text which the 19th century British scholars Wescott and Hort sneaked in 1881 which became the Critical text, a totally different Greek text than was used prior to the 1880s, changes many meanings in New Testament Scripture which the Traditional Greek text has had since the 1st century Church.

So what are we to do about this , Davy?

Can we go back and talk to Jesus in his day or the apostles to examine their letters.?

Whom is the true author of the word of God? Do you think there is any of the word that is inspired of holy men to write what is sufficient for us today?

If God can speak the world and it's creations into existence, can he not still speak to us in whom he has called to be his sons / daughters after we have believed his Son by  ANY means?

I find the KJV to be sufficient to speak ALL I need to follow God and believe in him. The ONLIEST I AM IS A BELIEVER IN GOD.

God is not a book but is the author and finisher of our faith, no? Is he not a Spirit as the word says and we must worship him in spirit and truth?

The children of Israel argued against what God said to Moses, what was their outcome @ this ?

Is the God above all NOT able still to caress hearts of stone and turn them into flesh that will respond to his Spirit ?

Do any have more than opinion even when we quote from a translation? Opinions are free to be voiced BUT THE INTERPRETATION cannot be of PRIVATE MEANS TO A PERSON BUT MUST COME BY THE SPIRIT !

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I want to know what everyone one thinks on this subjectEveryone knows the KJV to be the best translation in english but why is the NIV and other versions rejected by some christians.Im going to look at the other side of the coin first.if the other bible are bad compared to the KJV then why would people take the time to translate the NIV for example verse by verse and another perspective for those who think the only version worth reading is KJVif other versions are not correct that could mean the devil helped the people who took a painstaking effort to decieve us...and yet I do not believe that because for satan to say good things for the sake of evil would be to contradict himself for he is incapable of doing good things.please replywould be much appreciated
The best version is the Hebrew text, which is the original inspired account. Everything else is a translation. With translation comes redefining of original meanings. English words many times do not convey the meaning's of the Hebrew text. Each time you have a translation the text becomes diluted and even in some cases changed. This is just the nature of translating.

Another matter to consider is that the Bible is still the best selling book in the world which equates to $$$$$. Publishers will print what sells and in many cases what sells overrides accuracy. When a new release is bought out they go to all the popular seminaries etc. to see what is liked or what will sell best not so much on accuracy.

Again the best version is the original Hebrew text. Just like in any other instance. For example if you have an American classic like the writings of Tom Sawyer or something like that, those writings can be translated into multiple languages. The language it is translated into will use a word within their language that "they think represents as closely as possible" the original word of the original writing. No different with the Bible.

Also with the different versions of the Bible syntax plays a big part and how they translate word order in sentences. This is why when you read several different versions of the same sentence or verse the word order can be changed around. Again the nature of translating. I rely as much as possible on the Hebrew text and the Hebrew culture that our Bibles were written in. I use About 10 different versions when I study and give teachings. Those versions must include Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and different versions of the English text with one of them being the "Complete Jewish Bible" as it does a decent job of maintaining matters mentioned above. I also like a literal translation like the "Youngs Literal translation". One needs to understand "the Bible was written for us, but not to us". It was written in a time, language and culture very different from our own. Think on what I just said, this in no way means that it is not relevant, it means many things and meanings are not conveyed in English translations. There is only one original "inspired word of God" everything else is a translation of that inspired word.

Let me give you one example that is very confronting to most people and started me on my journey to the Hebrew. The book of James in the New Testament is not James, it is Jacob or Yakov in Hebrew, this can be seen in the original languages but the translators and others decided to totally change the name of the book. Why? There are other things like this. Another example is the letter J has only been in common use for about 300 years. What was in use before that? These have massive ramifications in light of how a modern mindset reads the text. Because certain words have associations with man made doctrines. A lot to take in, but hopefully it will cause you to question. For more info feel free to private message me.

Shalom

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Ancient,
Every thing you've just written is for bible students and scholars. The word of God has been saving people in whatever language it was printed in since ad 40. Those who preached the word, spread the Gospel. Regulars folks read and God put His word in their hearts and mind. It didn't matter that the Hebrew and Greek were translated into English. Does it convey the Gospel correctly and communion? Yes, and the KJV does that and more. Did you know the Antwerp bible came out in 1535?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what are we to do about this , Davy?

Can we go back and talk to Jesus in his day or the apostles to examine their letters.?
You are mocking with that bottom statement, and the rest of your post.

For you, since you like to mock God's Word, while you thinking you are mocking me, I suggest you do nothing, but stay deceived and prepare yourself to bow to the coming false-Messiah that those you listen to are preparing you for.

• Haha
Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mocking with that bottom statement, and the rest of your post.

For you, since you like to mock God's Word, while you thinking you are mocking me, I suggest you do nothing, but stay deceived and prepare yourself to bow to the coming false-Messiah that those you listen to are preparing you for.
Wow, do you LACK comprehension and fruit of the Spirit !

I was Not mocking anything nor anyone, so don't be so ready to show your ignorance.

I am serious, we have what we have of God's word to the simple everyday folks, readily available to all.

Do I think we are missing bc of loss of the words of God? NO bc God is not like us but is able to do above anything we can think of ask ; if we but SEEK. HE DOES NOT WITH- HOLD FROM THOSE THAT ASK.

Here I thought YOU might be real but you've shown me ,ya ain't !!!!!!!!!!!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, do you LACK comprehension and fruit of the Spirit !

I was Not mocking anything nor anyone, so don't be so ready to show your ignorance.

I am serious, we have what we have of God's word to the simple everyday folks, readily available to all.

Do I think we are missing bc of loss of the words of God? NO bc God is not like us but is able to do above anything we can think of ask ; if we but SEEK. HE DOES NOT WITH- HOLD FROM THOSE THAT ASK.

Here I thought YOU might be real but you've shown me ,ya ain't !!!!!!!!!!!
You don't even know your own spirit. You were mocking The Word of God when you 'thought'... you were slandering me. Good luck with your deceptions.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For faithful brethren in Jesus Christ,

See the thread I did documenting the difference between older Bible versions prior to 1881, and later modern Bible versions post-1881 when two British scholars, Wescott and Hort, presented a corrupted New Testament Greek translation to the 1881 revision committee, which has been used for just about all later New Testament Bible versions.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For faithful brethren in Jesus Christ,

See the thread I did documenting the difference between older Bible versions prior to 1881, and later modern Bible versions post-1881 when two British scholars, Wescott and Hort, presented a corrupted New Testament Greek translation to the 1881 revision committee, which has been used for just about all later New Testament Bible versions.

wescott and hort were not alone either . They just managed to pull it off on mainstream .
The JWS did the same thing as well as have others . A lamb knows HIS GOD and HE KNOWS HIS CHRIST .
SO i invite us to open the most hated bible of all , the KJV and just learn from it .

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
wescott and hort were not alone either . They just managed to pull it off on mainstream .
The JWS did the same thing as well as have others . A lamb knows HIS GOD and HE KNOWS HIS CHRIST .
SO i invite us to open the most hated bible of all , the KJV and just learn from it .
Discussing Wescott and Hort is nonsense. They published a translation of the New Testament in 1881. I do not know of a single modern translation that uses Westcott and Hort as the basis of their work. They study the earliest and best source documents to create translations that are truly excellent.

The KJV was created by a group of people who were beholden to a secular king to codify his personal idea of Protestantism, which just happened to exalt his authority. Many Christians fled his rule because of fear of persecution.

The KJV has had its day! It is very often re-translated "on the fly" to prove personal doctrine.

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Приветствую Вас товарищи.

Каким должно быть компьютерное кресло?Обеспечение комфорта во время работы - это 50% успешной производительности. Будь то домашняя атмосфера или офисная – все мы стремимся к удобному оснащению рабочего места. Сделать правильный выбор в широчайшем ассортименте компьютерных кресел Вам поможет наш интернет-магазин.На нашем сайте вы найдете продукцию брендов, которым покупатели доверяют уже на протяжении долгого времени, благодаря зарекомендованным позициям качества и доступности в цене на рынке.В зависимости от Ваших предпочтений, возможностей и целей использования компьютерного стула, наши менеджеры помогут Вам определиться в выборе товара. Мы предоставляем гарантию на товар и осуществляем быструю доставку компьютерных стульев по России.Интернет-магазин предоставляет возможность своим покупателям найти и купить компьютерное кресло различных моделей, каждое из которых не уступает любому другому по с

Translation..

What should be a computer chair? Providing comfort during work is 50% of successful performance. Whether it is a home atmosphere or an office environment, we all strive for comfortable workplace equipment. Our online store will help you make the right choice in the widest range of computer chairs. On our website you will find products from brands that customers have trusted for a long time, thanks to the proven positions of quality and affordability in the market. Depending on your preferences, capabilities and purposes of using a computer chair, our managers will help you decide on the choice of goods.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not know of a single modern translation that uses Westcott and Hort as the basis of their work.
Any Bible translation that has the 'NU' symbols USES WESCOTT AND HORT'S New Testament translation of 1881. It's included in the Nestle-Aland and United Bible Society's translations.

Even the NKJV has a note with 'NU' showing the same, and that it is NOT completely from the original manuscripts for the 1611 KJV.

So either do your homework so you'll know what you're talking about, or just remain silent instead of pushing propaganda.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any Bible translation that has the 'NU' symbols USES WESCOTT AND HORT'S New Testament translation of 1881. It's included in the Nestle-Aland and United Bible Society's translations.

Even the NKJV has a note with 'NU' showing the same, and that it is NOT completely from the original manuscripts for the 1611 KJV.

So either do your homework so you'll know what you're talking about, or just remain silent instead of pushing propaganda.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Everyone knows the KJV to be the best translation in english
Not me, I can't understand the stilted and old fashioned language, I much prefer the NIV or NLT and even the GNB. Scripture is no use to anybody if they can't understand it. I know there are some die-hards who argue that the KJV is the only valid translation and that's their choice, but for the rest of us the easier to read, more modern language bibles are preferable.

Reactions: Jim B and Wrangler

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would question the thought that the KJV is the best translation.

Even if one thinks it is the best. It is still flawed in and of itself..

there is no perfect english text.

Reactions: Jim B and Pearl

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy wrote...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is total nonsense from a KJVO. Modern translations are not based on the 1881 WESCOTT AND HORT'S New Testament translation. They are based on the best source documents, along with excellent scholarship and the agreement of committee members from many denominations.

So, Davy, either you do your homework so you'll know what you're talking about, or just remain silent instead of pushing KJVO propaganda.