Kosher Dietary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
I feel like following the Kosher diet. I feel that it is a lot healthier. I want to follow the bible diet. What do you guys think?

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
davidnelson said:
I feel like following the Kosher diet. I feel that it is a lot healthier. I want to follow the bible diet. What do you guys think?
I say "go for it". I eat this way. That said, Kosher is only applying to meats and what meats not to eat. But you can get a 'U' symbol on a box of Cheez-its and I don't think it's that healthy because it's still processed. It may be better in that they watched the ingredients and methods, but there's processing to consider that in the time of ancient Israel did not have, but ate foods in their raw form (natural). Doing that will assure you this is closer to the Kosher they had.

My otlder brother practices half-Kosher. He still eats pork but developed an allergy to shellfish in his old age. Since I'm only 10 years behind, and he started this about 10 years ago, that puts me at the age now that he started, and I do take after him somewhat in my health. He's not sickly but there's things like this he has to watch. So, by my eating this way the last few years may be a blessing in disguise because for all I know I may be allergic now, too. I'm not willing to risk chocking up to test it out. Pork has its issues, too, but it's at least closer to other land animals. Permissible land animals are sheep (goats), cattle, and venison that passes the Kosher laws in the bible. And chicken and turkey is OK for the "flying" animals as long as it does not kill and eat blood. For fish, anything with fins and scales. Don't eat "creeping" things except the hopping kind (consult the bible for more detail) such as grasshoppers, but I don't eat insects anyway. But the point is no chocolate covered ants.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it healthy! Processed meat has a lot of sodium and chemicals mixed in with it. I try to keep my diet as biblical as I can...

1. No pork
2. I deem beef and buffalo as biblical. I love making dishes with buffalo such as spaghetti
3. Fresh fruit and vegetables are good!

I do not think that God was being a bully when he wrote the dietary standards of the Old Testament. Bacon is high is saturated fat and cannot be good for the arteries. We have a local pizzeria that serves beef pepperoni on their pizzas, which I think as a good idea. God did not command us also to put all those chemicals in foods, which I also believe work against our physical system. The principle use of the chemical azodicarbonamide is in the manufacture of plastics, specifically as a blowing agent. The US uses it as a dough conditioner and a bleaching agent in its breads. As a food additive azodicarbonamide is not authorized in Australia and the EU. Subway removed this chemical from their bread last year...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/04/11/subway-yoga-mat-chemical-almost-out-of-bread/7587787/

My grandparents and I use to plant garden and there is nothing that tastes so good as food fresh out of the garden. Back in those August days we would eat well out of the garden and have Sunday meals with just garden vegetables.Fresh red potatoes so tender that you can peel them with your hand, tomatoes, corn on the cob, cucumbers in apple cider vinegar, fresh homemade bread, green beans with just a hint of sugar, along with fresh home made tea... Mmmm! Mmmm!

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
Yes, it is healthy. Pork is filled with toxin...
Also, the way the Jews kill their livestock insure that they will not suffer. If let's say a cow suffer getting killed, it will release a lot of hormones through out the body. And when we consume the beef, the hormones are passed down to us! Which is very bad!