1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Labor To Enter Into What Rest?

Discussion in 'Bible Study Forum' started by Hidden In Him, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Dave L

Dave L Guest

It's just that the New Covenant replaced all of the Old Covenant. And the Ten Commandments were the Old Covenant. You are needlessly entangled with obsolete rituals.

2. Phoneman777

Phoneman777 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    If the Ten Commandment law truly is the Old Covenant, then Romans 6:31 says Christians establish the Old Covenant. You should probably start slaughtering your sheep, sir. Or would you like to reconsider that claim in light of that verse:

"Do we then make void the law Old Covenant through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law Old Covenant." Romans 3:31

3. logabe

logabe Active Member

What did Paul and Isaiah say about being begotten again?

Paul said, every knee will bow and every tongue shall confess that JESUS IS LORD.
    He also said, if you will confess with your MOUTH the Lord Jesus and believe in
    in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

So Philippians 2:10-11 says, there's not one knee that won't bow and one mouth that want
    confess. That sounds like everyone will be saved to me.

But Isaiah said it best in Isaiah 45:23, I have sworn by myself, the word has gone out of my
    mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto me EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW, EVERY
    TONGUE SHALL SWEAR.

Yes, the Kingdom is here right now in individuals, but it will be here in a GREATER way when God
    brings in nations in the near future. (Isaiah 2: 2-4.)

What a God! What a Plan!
    Logabe

Helen likes this.
  4. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

We were looking at that Philippians passage in our local church recently... :)

5. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

The new birth is really more of a New Testament doctrine than an Old Testament one. In the OT, the Spirit did not indwell as He did from Pentecost onward. Even though He mightily manifested Himself in the OT. (Zechariah 4.6)

6. logabe

logabe Active Member

At Pentecost we were begotten by God. In other words, God became our Father.
    We no longer recognized our fleshly father (Adam) and that has been our struggle
    on a daily basis.

Paul said we must die daily so we can walk in the Spirit and learn the ways of God.
    In essence, God is teaching us his ways daily if we choose to allow him to do so. If
    we choose to live the way the 1st Adam lived, then we have made the fleshly Adam
    our father and it will be a hard row to hoe.

Logabe

7. Davy

Davy Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    He is not adding anything to God's Word. It is you that is lacking in study of God's Word.

The Zechariah 14 chapter is about the future event of Christ's return to this earth, and His rule over the nations, on earth in His Kingdom, on earth.

The Ezekiel 47 chapter is about His millennial sanctuary established on earth in the future, with the River of Revelation 22 flowing from it to feed other waters on the earth, specific locations given in the middle east. Given with that also are the many trees on each side of that River (i.e., the tree of life).

So really, you just need more Bible study instead of listening to the charlatans who are deceiving you.

8. Getitright

Getitright Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    It's the Sabbath rest of God, it's the 7th day, it's the Kingdom of God.