Last days are here today! Are you ready to meet Jesus in the clouds??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, @Heart2Soul maybe you would fit in here.

We have a "church" here that teaches what you teach; all we need is love. They have "Christians" Buddhists, Mormons, New Agers, Eastern Mysticism, other sects, individual thought, "Christian Science" you name it, it's in there. They all get up and tell their little story, on a given service, then they tell each other all they need is love, and they approve of their false teachings, none are in error.

Why is its message just like yours? By the way, it is a "unity" church. Unity. Not truth. You're pushing for unity, but not truth. I say this in deep concern for you.
Enough....sarcasm? Really? Can you have a discussion and be civil?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Appears one way to some another way to others.
This sounds like subjective truth. What @Preacher4Truth said is that there are two - to one +. We are to proclaim the whole counsel of God and His word. Not just love, love, love, and unity.

But I will say this God's Love for us is incomprehensible. We cannot even begin to understand or know what is the height or depth of His love for us.

True we can’t know it all in regards to His love. But when anyone focuses on it and does not also hone in on His other attributes, is missing out on His whole counsel.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His love is for his people, all the partial references you half quote are to the saved, not the world at large.
His love is found in Christ. All who are in Christ are objects of His love. Those outside of the Christ are objects of His wrath[John 3:36, Romans 1:18, Romans 9:21-24, Ephesians 5:6, Colossians 3:6].

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
This sounds like subjective truth. What @Preacher4Truth said is that there are two - to one +. We are to proclaim the whole counsel of God and His word. Not just love, love, love, and unity.

True we can’t know it all in regards to His love. But when anyone focuses on it and does not also hone in on His other attributes, is missing out on His whole counsel.
I think a lot of what people call unity is more like compromise by people who don't want to rock the boat and who would rather be in agreement with everyone and insulate themselves from persecution for standing up to the truth.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity without God is the unity of sin.

Sin coming into unity, takes us further from God. We cannot love this world and what is in it, and love God at the same time.

Holiness is not giving up to get closer to God. The closer you get to God, the earth falls away, and you only have Holiness.

If we give up something there is always something else to get rid of.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I grew up fearing an angry God who was out to punish me everytime I sinned....I even came to the point that I was ready to give up on being a Christian because no matter how hard I tried I always seemed to mess up......and that was when He (the voice of God) spoke to me and what He said freed me from guilt and condemnation. It was that day, for the first time ever, that I felt His tremendous love for me. And that was the day I came to know Him as my Abba-Father.

Matthew 22:36-40 “Master, which is the great Commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, You shall love your neighbour as yourself. 40 On these two commandments hang ALL the law and the prophets.

Deuteronomy 6:5 “And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
Leviticus 19:18 “You shall not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbour as yourself: I am the LORD.

So what does this all prove? ALL the law which includes the Sabbath hung on these two Commandments in the Old Testament which no one can dispute, and while Jesus quotes from the Old Testament, He still says ALL the law hang on these two greatest Commandments. So what has changed? Absolutely nothing! Everything God wrote in stone remains totally unchanged just as Jesus promised in Matthew 5:17-19.

Paul also shows that these two Commandments are just a means of summing up the law in the following verses. Romans 13:9-10 “For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other Commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this SAYING, namely, You shall love your neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

If you love God with all your heart which is the greatest Commandment, you will be obeying all Ten but especially the first four as shown by Deuteronomy 6:5 which is right after the Ten Commandments are quoted. And if you love your neighbour as yourself, you will be obeying the last six. Therefore love is fulfilling the law and if you love God with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself, then you will be obeying all Ten Commandments.

So according to Scripture in obeying the two commandments to love.....you fulfill all the law and are obeying all the 10 commandments.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think a lot of what people call unity is more like compromise by people who don't want to rock the boat and who would rather be in agreement with everyone and insulate themselves from persecution for standing up to the truth.
Exactly. When she became a mod she started her compromise campaign of "set aside your differences" (doctrines) while fighting for her differences (false doctrines) and attacking others (biblical doctrines) as wicked, evil and full of pride.

I'm not surprised at how many were hoodwinked by her suggestion.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I grew up fearing an angry God who was out to punish me everytime I sinned....I even came to the point that I was ready to give up on being a Christian because no matter how hard I tried I always seemed to mess up......and that was when He (the voice of God) spoke to me and what He said freed me from guilt and condemnation. It was that day, for the first time ever, that I felt His tremendous love for me. And that was the day I came to know Him as my Abba-Father.

Matthew 22:36-40 “Master, which is the great Commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, You shall love your neighbour as yourself. 40 On these two commandments hang ALL the law and the prophets.

Deuteronomy 6:5 “And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
Leviticus 19:18 “You shall not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbour as yourself: I am the LORD.

So what does this all prove? ALL the law which includes the Sabbath hung on these two Commandments in the Old Testament which no one can dispute, and while Jesus quotes from the Old Testament, He still says ALL the law hang on these two greatest Commandments. So what has changed? Absolutely nothing! Everything God wrote in stone remains totally unchanged just as Jesus promised in Matthew 5:17-19.

Paul also shows that these two Commandments are just a means of summing up the law in the following verses. Romans 13:9-10 “For this, You shall not commit adultery, You shall not kill, You shall not steal, You shall not bear false witness, You shall not covet; and if there be any other Commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this SAYING, namely, You shall love your neighbour as thyself. 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

If you love God with all your heart which is the greatest Commandment, you will be obeying all Ten but especially the first four as shown by Deuteronomy 6:5 which is right after the Ten Commandments are quoted. And if you love your neighbour as yourself, you will be obeying the last six. Therefore love is fulfilling the law and if you love God with all your heart and your neighbour as yourself, then you will be obeying all Ten Commandments.

So according to Scripture in obeying the two commandments to love.....you fulfill all the law and are obeying all the 10 commandments.
That is interesting, because that was Martin Luther's experience between the Holy Spirit revealed to him that the just lives by faith. Luther was so sin conscious that he wore his priest out by confessing every single little sin he committed, and after many hours of confession and started to walk away from the confessional, and the priest breathing a sigh of relief that it was all over, Luther did a Columbo, going back and saying, "Just one more thing..."

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unity of beliefs and doctrines and unity of faith in Christ are totally different:
Ephesians 4 King James Version (KJV)
4 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

7 But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

Reactions: Paul Christensen

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Exactly. When she became a mod she started her compromise campaign of "set aside your differences" (doctrines) while fighting for her differences (false doctrines) and attacking others (biblical doctrines) as wicked, evil and full of pride.

I'm not surprised at how many were hoodwinked by her suggestion.
I just have to distance myself from your comments about the forum staff member, because it is against the rules of the forum.

There is a difference between being abusingly contentious for the sake of argument, and engaging in fair debate in an attitude of respect.

We don't have to compromise our stand for the truth as we know it by engaging in discussion and debate over the theological issues that we may disagree over. Most of the debate is over issues that are not essential for our salvation according to the gospel of Christ.

What I don't go along with is the implication by some, that my having a different theological opinion to another's is rebellion against God, or against the authority of God's Word.

I find debate and discussion stimulating because it makes me think more deeply about the issues, and I actually learn from them. I think it is a matter of being uncompromising about the gospel, yet being teachable at the same time when clear Scripture is presented to us.

Reactions: Heart2Soul