last generation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
I believe it's an interesting thought- in terms of revelations, and jesus advent: have u ever wondered how your great or great great grandparents or folks survived when they were expecting jesus and it never happened; because the bible has been around for so many years and earlier christians were just patiently and patiently waiting, (maybe some even gave up hope), how do you think they went through with this? i mean, did they consider they would be in the 'first resurrection', or christ would come in there time- and what if we believe this to be the last generation and 2040 comes(realistically)- and the world is the same? [well i dont believe that year will come- but just to spark discussion]..i dunno, it just makes me think so i thought i'd post it...

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I know my grandfather Didn't expect Christ in his life time although he was aware of prophecy coming to pass especially around WWll. I know that there had been several predictions in the 1800so I think they looked at it much like many today do. Think it wont be in their lifetimes. However there was one Parable in the Bible that most did not understand until it happened that tells us the time he will return. No we don't know the day or the hour but we are told we are supposed to know the season. Just like we know when the leaves start to turn color Winter is not far away So we are to know the season of his return.To teach us when this season was he gave a Parable. The parable of the fig tree. When we see Israel regathered as a nation,which occured in May 1948. For the first time in some 2500 years.God says the Generation that witnesses this event will not pass away till they see the coming of Christ in clouds.So that was 60 years ago, a generation in the bible is either 40 yrs,70yrs,120years. 40 years has passed Men don't live to be 120 years old, so that narrows it to 70 years. So assuming 70 years is correct he should come within the next 10 to 11 years but he can come anytime as the 7 years of Rev. are shortened to a 5 month period for the Elect sake.Rev9:4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.9:5 They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 9:6 During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.read the thread below for another conversation on this [url="http://www.christianityboard.com/long-great-tribulation-t3240.html?p=13480#post13480]http://www.christianityboard.com/long-grea...13480#post13480[/url]

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
My parents served and/or lived in WW2 days and they heard it taught back then that Christ was coming back. I remember as a teenager talking with my mom about the return of Christ. She thought then that we had about 10 years maximum. That was probably over 30 years ago!Nevertheless, I do think it is getting closer one reason because of the information age and the rapid explosion of technology in the last few years. Even though I majored in electronics years ago, I can hardly today keep up with things---- my teenage kids seem to know more. The only thing I do is build computers here at home, but I digress.However, I think the Lord's going to have the last laugh on me---- I get this feeling. Watch me die about a year or two before he comes back so that I won't see it in the flesh!
smile.gif
Well, I guess what does it matter???

alaskadrifter

Jun 23, 2007
This topic can really make your head spin if you think about it much! Sometimes to me its seems as if it could happen REALLY soon, but others it seems like it could drag on for a looooooong time. Who knows??? Not me! I believe that it wont happen just because there are still a few places in the world that havent got the gospel yet. But not many...

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
There is no way of knowing when Jesus will return, but I try to live as though He will return today. That could happen, or it might not happen in my lifetime. I hear songs that say, " I know Jesus is coming soon". No one can know that; we can hope it, but we can't KNOW it. If we are born again, we have no reason to fear His coming, but we will look forward to it.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
There is really nothing to do but find the next revelation, and watch that prophecy come true. Then find the next one, and watch that come true, and so on.Now what I got confused is, how long is Jesus going to walk on earth during his second coming? I remember reading something like 1000 years. Either way, it would be weird having it happen in our life time. Like we wore born in this time for a reason.

poetboy

Jul 2, 2007
^^ IT would definately be wierd to experience jesus advent in this season, maybe even a couple years from now, maybe even scary, but we shall fear not. And also, I would like to know, as I have started to study the bible for myself, which revelation are we currently in? and how do we know what the season is?(well i guess i have to read n understand the fig tree parable more to comprehend this)..."Rev9:4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads.9:5 They were not given power to kill them, but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes a man. 9:6 During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them."Matthew: 24 says that the days will be shortened for the elects sake, so, ^^in accordance with the five months- is that the shortening of the seven years, and when does that take place?( dont fully understand)...and so for this verse, the ones who will seek death, are these the unbelivers? and what is the significance of them not to harm the grass or trees of the earth? is that a symbolic meaning ie, (the tree of life is christ)?..further discussion please

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Five months is the length of time Antichist(Satan) will be on earth.The end time Gen. Started in 1948. Technically it could last 120 years as that's the longest Generation in the Bible. We have to use the Bible as its own interpreter. To stay in his word. But for that to be true at least one person born it 1948 would have to live to be 120 years old. Not impossible but unlikely Thats why we lean toward the 70 year generation.Satan and his locust army don't get kicked out of heaven until the Sixth trump/end of fifth . Christ tells us he returns at the seventh trump. So that tells us there is five Months from the Sixth/end of fifth trump to the seventh.If we take Gods word that the season of the End would began when he restored Israel as a nation. then we are somewhere between the 1st and 5th trump. And as someone above said we need to watch prophecy to get a sense where we are.'As soon as Christ comes we are instantly changed into spirit bodies this happens in the twinkling of an eye. The 1000 years you speak of is the Millenium and we wont be in physical bodies as flesh can look upon God/Christ