Last one to post Wins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure hope all goes well with you Helen ! One of us should be better ..........

Since my son told me I do not have to go, it will take a long time for this that I have to go away.
So ! praying you get help real soon !!!! and feel better VERY SOON..........!!!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, guess every one is busy ?

We have nice sun right now , but the wind later is going to be very bad, I think the grand children
will have to stay in the house later...... I sure pray that the house does not get damaged !!!!
Because the winds are going to be really bad....
Hope every one is doing Well !!!!! :)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, guess every one is busy ?

We have nice sun right now , but the wind later is going to be very bad, I think the grand children
will have to stay in the house later...... I sure pray that the house does not get damaged !!!!
Because the winds are going to be really bad....
Hope every one is doing Well !!!!! :)

Hey there Marlene

You haven't mentioned your foot...has it healed okay?

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Helen,
My foot is still bruised and swollen , it only hurts when I move the wrong way.
I guess I will have this for another week or so..... I have been wearing slippers, the shoe
would give me pain.
How are you doing ?
We sure have a lot of wind...... my son works on roofs, wonder what he did today ?
He is on his way home so I guess he is ok !

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Helen,
My foot is still bruised and swollen , it only hurts when I move the wrong way.
I guess I will have this for another week or so..... I have been wearing slippers, the shoe
would give me pain.
How are you doing ?
We sure have a lot of wind...... my son works on roofs, wonder what he did today ?
He is on his way home so I guess he is ok !

Yes, Im sure that you foot will take a while...things don't heal as quickly when we are old. :(
It takes a lot of patience, waiting for recovery.

God bless, Helen x

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Helen, Before I got out of bed , it felt so good ! As soon as I got walking right
back like yesterday.... But I would think its better and I just do not feel it.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen,
How are you doing and how are you feeling ? How much snow do you have ?

Oh I also have a cold as all 11 of us do ! It gets passed around so easy.
Well, it cold and a lot of snow yet from the other day. But finally we do see some cars
going down our road...... We missed grocery shopping this week, but my Daughter in law
is thinking of going today or tomorrow..... But I can not go.
May be in a week I can go again ? Hope so !

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear that you have a cold...one thing on top of another...that seemed to be how it goes these days.

We only have a sprinkling of snow....thankfully.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Helen, well the snow is melting............. we are supposed to be in the high 30's today.
There was little driving going on before today........ Do not know how much was on the ground
but on the deck it was about a foot........ The winds moved it around so much.....
Hope your day is good ! It was sunny for a short while, did not last 10 min.
And its dull now......
Hope you are doing OK ! and having a nice day.........

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Helen, well the snow is melting............. we are supposed to be in the high 30's today.
There was little driving going on before today........ Do not know how much was on the ground
but on the deck it was about a foot........ The winds moved it around so much.....
Hope your day is good ! It was sunny for a short while, did not last 10 min.
And its dull now......
Hope you are doing OK ! and having a nice day.........

Yesterday was horrible and so stressful...John ( @amadeus ) knows that. He had his car stolen a while ago, it is most upsetting.

Yesterday because it is so cold, a car must be warmed up before driving , or the oil is too thick. Dave had the car running in the garage, and he was sweeping the snow from in front of the garage..and saw our car backing OUT of our garage!! He was so close he hit the broom on the windshield...but the guy just took off up the road!!! Dave tried to cut him off by running down the back alley..but they guy saw him and went the other way.
Police were here in 4 mins...they laughed, they said it was the 6th car to be stolen in an hour, and it was only 8.20am...he was going to run me to work!!!
We were told that a gang are in town stealing cars. They din't feel hopefully on it being found. It was a nice car, in great condition, and would have sen Dave to the end of his driving days. He is 81 now.

He has a rental car through the insurance, which he is scared to drive...it has so many "bells and whistles" he hates it that there is no 'real' hand brake, just a tiny knob... we are pretty miserable.

The snow is thick, the wind chill is minus 28 :(

So, not much fun in our house.
Dave is still amazed that he dared to steal the car from right under his nose!!!

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying for your stolen car, Helen. We were blessed by getting ours back in three days with minimal damage. The police had told us beforehand not to expect it. We were glad they were wrong.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Helen, Wonder if your temps. are going to change like ours has today ?

We sure had a lot of - [mines] temps. But today its warmed up a lot in the 40's...
I cant remember having such cold weather in a long time..... - 20's......

The children are now going down stairs to start school.....
That's when I hope for quiet, so I can take a nap !
I wake up at 4 a lot and just lay there, trying to fall back asleep, but if I do its only for five min.
Old age is changing things for me now.... ugg..... I should be gone home by now....
OK time for me to try to catch up on sleep. :)

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have warmed up in the 20's and going up to the 30's........
We have snow and sun....... every thing is now covered with snow..

Since I hurt my ankle I have not been out but one time, to go to church ........
Glad I was able to do that....

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We have warmed up in the 20's and going up to the 30's........
We have snow and sun....... every thing is now covered with snow..

Since I hurt my ankle I have not been out but one time, to go to church ........
Glad I was able to do that....

Hey there Marlene.

Well I'm glad that YOU have warmed up there.. haha!!
We are still minus 25 below zero!!!
Last night it sounded like fireworks all night, with the roof popping , cracking, and creaking..it was so cold!!

Our road are unsafe too , the intersections very very slippery...some people can't stop at the red light, but slide on right through!!!
Well, after all, it IS February....and this is the month for it! I just don't enjoy it much at all. Ha!

Bless you...Helen x

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow ! Helen
Glad we do not live there........ Sorry !

I did like Canada a lot when I was young my sister used to take me there to go
swimming...... Not sure , the name ? Point Pelly ?? around there .
I baby sat for her children back then...... so when ever she could do any thing I liked,
she would do it for me.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So , I just notice, about the car !!! Hope you got it back ? And the police got the
robbers.......

I'm home alone again, I cant do much walking ...... I made a mistake and went
grocery shopping yesterday , that was a bad idea.. Today there are 2 grandsons and a
granddaughter doing weight lifting..... they left at 6 AM and I do not know when
they will be home..... its afte 5 now ........ the G.D. had hers in the morning and the
gran sons in the afternoon. and the drive is long, about a hour..... so ?
I took 2 short naps..... hope I can sleep tonight. Last night I did not do good.

Hope your day is going good Helen........ I hope your ok !!! have not seen you post
since Wed.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So , I just notice, about the car !!! Hope you got it back ? And the police got the
robbers.......

I'm home alone again, I cant do much walking ...... I made a mistake and went
grocery shopping yesterday , that was a bad idea.. Today there are 2 grandsons and a
granddaughter doing weight lifting..... they left at 6 AM and I do not know when
they will be home..... its afte 5 now ........ the G.D. had hers in the morning and the
gran sons in the afternoon. and the drive is long, about a hour..... so ?
I took 2 short naps..... hope I can sleep tonight. Last night I did not do good.

Hope your day is going good Helen........ I hope your ok !!! have not seen you post
since Wed.

No, the police did not find the car. We are waiting for the insurance man to call us etc etc... :(

We have done nothing today but eat meals and snacks drink coffee and watch many full length movies on YouTube via the TV ...BECAUSE it was wind chills of MINUS 31 degrees C this morning. Plus we have had 2 feet of snow overnight. And it's still snowing.

Hope you are feeling better now....

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry Helen, if its not this ???????? its that??????

Hope you enjoyed the day !

We went to church today, a new place that is not so far away as the one we belonged to.
One hour and ten min. away..... this one is about a half hour. And its good to go to
church, specially since we now have a bible church in place of how the church I grew up
in ..... was not really teaching. But I guess they have changed now ! Sure hope so !!!!
We have more snow also, but only about a inc.. and we did have a wind, yesterday and today!