Last one to post Wins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, my dairy is giving me a big problem again..... The whole family went out shopping
and I was going to go ,,,,, but I felt odd, so I stayed home and sure am glad....

Not being able to have dairy is real hard on me...... But now I have a lot of Vegetables also
that give me trouble......... I still wonder , why I am still here ?????
I only have one person to help get saved,,, and I do remember when I was Catholic
we never want to hear from other religions....... and that is what she is doing to me now.
And my sons read her letter and said she is not saved..... So how do I keep writing to her with
out trying not to help her?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Marlene, just be a friend to her and write "chatty , caring stuff"
Hopefully she will ask you questions, then you can guide her spiritually.

Unless the Holy Spirit is speaking to her, anything you say will just miss the mark.
God is the one who draws us to Himself...not people.
You have tried, you have done your best. Now just pray for her. ♥︎

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Helen, Hope you are doing good today ? Wonder if you are having the snow we are
having ? We have 2 in. in some spots and 4 in other spots.... I think it just stopped.?

Well , for my friend I do remember how the church told us to be!!!!! and it is turn off any
one who speaks to you about GOD and religion.
My husband and I were Blessed for sure, we got saved because our children got saved.
I do not see her or speak to her. Just letter writing now. And my last letter to her I believe
I went over board to her ? ? ????? She does not have a lot of time to write to me so I do
not know if she is ignoring me or just to busy to write. ??? I sure hope she is busy.
Because I did write a good one to her.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Grams

Hey Marlene

Yes we had snow...but it was just a dusting...not enough to get the snow blower out for.
And it was only minus 5 , so not too bad.

Well, we are now looking 2019 in the face.
I wonder what it holds for each of us!

It is 1.20am and once again I can’t sleep...praise God for iPads! :)
I would be lost without it ...

Hope all is well with you.
Happy New Year...Helen

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, its Wed. and we are having snow again......

Do not know how much we will get. We had a few inches the other day.
Most years past we have had more snow then this year so far. But , oh I forgot its a new year.
hehe.......... ha ha........ any way. So far now real cold day's maybe at night we dipped into
the 20's. But the day time has not passed the 30's........
So wonder if the N.Y. is going to bring colder weather and more then enough snow ?

How are you doing Helen ? Hop you enjoyed the holiday's !

We no longer do them as we did years ago.... Upon getting saved things have changed for us now.
Hoping and praying all here have a great YEAR............ :)

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Marlene, just be a friend to her and write "chatty , caring stuff"
Hopefully she will ask you questions, then you can guide her spiritually.

Unless the Holy Spirit is speaking to her, anything you say will just miss the mark.
God is the one who draws us to Himself...not people.
You have tried, you have done your best. Now just pray for her. ♥︎

Well, Helen, she will not......... She all ready told me she does not want to hear this.
and does not want to talk to people who keep doing this.... and.................
I am not able to visit with her, and I do remember being the same way as she is now.
I brought her to the church, since I was Catholic back then. I do not think all the Catholic
churches are like the one I went to. As I seen my parents came from another country.
and my sister and brother were brought up in a different C. Church.
I am hoping and praying that the church my friend goes to now will or teach correct......
the point that bothered me is she has no bible and does not plan on getting one.
I wanted to go over and visit one day, but she seemed not to want me come because
part of my family would have to drive me..... I gave up driving when we moved here I would
get lost... It just seems there are so many things blocking this all.........

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sorry to hear the your friend is not interested.
But, don't let it distress you...GOD can speaker to her heart...Just pray for her to be able to hear what God wishes to say to her ♥︎

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I forgot to say...HAPPY NEW YEAR..Marlene

God bless you in 2019 xx

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank You Helen !
Hope you have a great YEAR !!!

Now if you could help me with what to say to Sally ! That would be wonderful.
Some thing short and to the point ?
But if not ........ that's ok !

I had thought I said some thing to her in my last letter that I should not have, but I guess
I did not, I got a letter from her yesterday..... It was over 2 weeks since the last one.
But if she is back taking care of her daughter, it takes time.
There are grand children also and the daughter is in a wheel chair.

Well today it sure was foggy ....... and then the sun came out ..
and back came the fog and then again the sun ...... funny day today.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank You Helen !
Hope you have a great YEAR !!!

Now if you could help me with what to say to Sally ! That would be wonderful.
Some thing short and to the point ?
But if not ........ that's ok !

I had thought I said some thing to her in my last letter that I should not have, but I guess
I did not, I got a letter from her yesterday..... It was over 2 weeks since the last one.
But if she is back taking care of her daughter, it takes time.
There are grand children also and the daughter is in a wheel chair.

Well today it sure was foggy ....... and then the sun came out ..
and back came the fog and then again the sun ...... funny day today.

Personally Marlene , If I wrote to your friend I would just ask about her family, her life, and her health. And talk about 'old times' when you were younger... I would not preach 'at' her.

Just tell her that you love her and treasure her friendship ...stuff like that.
Then pray, and wait for her to ask questions...and if she does, don't overload her with information, just preach the love of God for her.

Im off to bed now. Bless you.

LoveBeacon

Dec 23, 2018
new york
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it is a nice chatty place, relaxed, and an easy place to get to know people. :)
Well let the mingling begin! How are you doing today, @bygrace ?
I had to take a friend of mine back to the dentist because he got a filling yesterday, and a piece of it got chipped today... That was fun. I was able to solve some chess puzzles in the waiting room from the newspapers they have lying around.
In peace

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen,
Hope your weather is going better ? And you feel good !
Well, if I still belonged to the same church , I would not be saved either.
They thought you to do works, and that does not save you.
I know how she feels, [my girl friend] since I brought her to the same church I was going to.
What is odd about this is she is less then a mile away from the church.
And we are a hour and 10min.
I do not talk to her on the phone, only write letter to each other. She does not have a computer
that would have been nice. I could have given here the email to take a look at the church.
When my husband was not doing well we would watch on the computer .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well let the mingling begin! How are you doing today, @bygrace ?
I had to take a friend of mine back to the dentist because he got a filling yesterday, and a piece of it got chipped today... That was fun. I was able to solve some chess puzzles in the waiting room from the newspapers they have lying around.
In peace

6pm for me...and I have only just got here today!! Nice to see your
pos here :)
Today has been very busy. And it looks like tomorrow will be also!
After 20 years out couch has died. The foam cushions ( which are built in) have gone flat...I have tried to re-stuff it over the years, but I think it is now well and truly dead. Tomorrow we must go looking for a new one. I just don't feel like getting the whole set...the two arm chairs are still good. Trying to match a new couch to the chairs may be a problem. :(

The word dentist makes me shiver...I hate going. My husband is even worse, he just never goes!!
I didn't know that chess could be played in the newspaper!! Hope that you are making your way around the Site okay?

Bless you...Helen.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Helen,
Hope your weather is going better ? And you feel good !
Well, if I still belonged to the same church , I would not be saved either.
They thought you to do works, and that does not save you.
I know how she feels, [my girl friend] since I brought her to the same church I was going to.
What is odd about this is she is less then a mile away from the church.
And we are a hour and 10min.
I do not talk to her on the phone, only write letter to each other. She does not have a computer
that would have been nice. I could have given here the email to take a look at the church.
When my husband was not doing well we would watch on the computer .

Hey Marlene

Personally , I didn't think that which church a person goes to is proof of salvation. You friend needs needs one to one with LORD...not so much which church she goes to.
I think too much emphasis is put on who teaches what, than whether a persons heart is right with Father God.

You weren't 'saved' when you left the Catholic Church. I'm sure some people that are 'in' the Catholic church are saved or seeking.
You were saved when you saw what God love coast Him at the price of His Son on the cross..
The Church is a spiritual thing not a certain building.
Some of the modern churches do more harm than good.

If your friends heart is right with God, even if she still goes to 'her own church', she can still be saved. We cannot judge another persons heart. If all the "churches" in the world dissolved over night...GOD Church would still be 'alive and well'.

Well, that is my preach for the day!! LOL

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Helen,
How are you doing today ?

Well about my friend, we went to the same church back then now I do not know how the
church is were she goes now...... But my sons think she is not saved.
When we first went to church the mass was in Latin and the priest also spoke Polish
No English. So we did not learn any thing at mass.
Except to see the statues and of course the cross.....
So , there she did not learn any thing , and she went to C.Class , which my husband went to
also and he was not saved...... So I now believe she is not either....... We did not know that
JESUS went to the cross for us........