Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did a quick peek on what to do before the procedure.
I never had one.
But this site has an example meal plan and some advice.
You probably already know what to do..
Just sharing..
Hugs
https://www.ccalliance.org/pdfs/resources/CCAlliance_ColonoscopyPrepGuide_SampleSixDay.pdf
Aw, thank you, Ziggy. This is my third one (I have to have one every 5 years), and my GI doctor has given me very detailed instructions about meals and such. (No raw fruits and vegetables, no nuts or seeds, nothing red or purple...) I'll just be taking my evening Zoom calls from the bathroom with video disabled that day.:cool:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, @Pathfinder7, @devin553344, CB.

7:56 US East Coast. 29F; high of 55F and sunny here in NC. Not bad for February.

Woke up by a cramp in my calf this morning. Hate it when that happens
Good morning. We had some sun. And will probably get more snow on Monday morning. It's been wonderful weather and I can't wait for it to warm up a little. Not long now.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Coffee and breakfast is going to have to wait until after I walk the Sneaky Labrador. She just let me know in no uncertain terms that she was NOT going to let me go back to sleep.
LOL, does sneaky Labrador eat your food when you're not looking?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL, does sneaky Labrador eat your food when you're not looking?
One time she had OJ the cat create a diversion. When my attention was on the cat, the Sneaky Labrador grabbed my burger off the counter. Surprisingly, she didn't eat the meat; she just licked the jalapeno guacamole off it. She hasn't pulled that trick again.

Another time, Sneaky Labrador created the diversion while OJ took the opportunity to drink the milk out of my cereal. Are my pets plotting against me, or am I just paranoid? :confused:

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One time she had OJ the cat create a diversion. When my attention was on the cat, the Sneaky Labrador grabbed my burger off the counter. Surprisingly, she didn't eat the meat; she just licked the jalapeno guacamole off it. She hasn't pulled that trick again.

Another time, Sneaky Labrador created the diversion while OJ took the opportunity to drink the milk out of my cereal. Are my pets plotting against me, or am I just paranoid? :confused:
That reminds me of growing up with our pets. They didn't plot against us, but were sneaky. We had a doberman that was really sneaky. We'd put him outside and he would open the sliding glass door to get in when we weren't looking. I caught him rubbing his back side against the glass to open it. I also caught him jumping up and with his front paws turning the front door knob to get in.

I think I might have already told this, but it was good.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Watch out for the squirrels. One of my neighbors has a peach tree. One summer it was full of fruit. I watched as a squirrel climbed the tree, pulled off a peach, and dropped it down to his buddy down on the ground. That squirrel took the peach back to its nest and another squirrel stepped up. The one in the tree pulled off another peach and dropped it to his friend, who took it off somewhere. And so on. I tell you, those squirrels are organized!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just after I got out of highschool my friend and I were driving and he spotted an red fox pup on the side of the road. We stopped and he got out to get it. When he picked it up it bit him. And I saw this pic and it reminded me of him, hehehe:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344, I see you started a couple of threads on fasting. Lent starts March 2 this year. I will be starting Lent with a fast. I wish it were out of a desire to get closer to God. But no, it's because I have colonoscopy scheduled for March 3. Oh joy, oh joy. The prep work is such fun. :eek:
Oh, the system didn't tell me you posted this, I just caught it from scanning back a ways. I had the colonoscopy a while back. Not fun prep work. I'll pray for you that God makes it easier for you. Lent is a good way to fast, I just go without meals for a day. I like to just do a tough 24 hours and get it over with.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's 20F out this morning. I went out for a super early morning walk and it was cold. I'm so thankful to have a warm home to come back to. I had my morning coffee and getting breakfast. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20F!
- It seems..very cold weather there.
---
Good morning, Devin & CB.
---
7:49 am
East Coast
---
61F..now
High 68F
Partly Cloudy
---
Having my first cup of coffee..
I like your weather better. We have a cold blast from Canada hitting us. It will be gone by the weekend. Then we're back to good temps.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5:36 A.M. US East Coast time. Still dark outside. Should've taken Ziggy's advice about drinking more water. This time it was the right calf instead of the left.

Ash Wednesday. I start my involuntary fast today. The quesadillas I ate yesterday gave me a head start on my colonoscopy prep work. (TMI?)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good morning, @Pathfinder7, @devin553344, CB.

7:56 US East Coast. 29F; high of 55F and sunny here in NC. Not bad for February.

Woke up by a cramp in my calf this morning. Hate it when that happens

Cramps...ugh.

Limb, feet, hand, cramps are an indication of low water fluids and low potassium in the body.
Seems we drink more water and consume more fresh garden foods “with potassium” more so in the summer days.

• Cooked spinach
  • Cooked broccoli
  • Potatoes
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Mushrooms
  • Peas
  • Cucumbers
  • Zucchini
  • Leafy greens

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
5:36 A.M. US East Coast time. Still dark outside. Should've taken Ziggy's advice about drinking more water. This time it was the right calf instead of the left.

Ash Wednesday. I start my involuntary fast today. The quesadillas I ate yesterday gave me a head start on my colonoscopy prep work. (TMI?)

Not TMI..! The prep is taxing but necessary for the most favorable results of the examination to reveal. Hope your examination result findings are minor and quickly able to be resolved. Quesadillas a “head start” prep? Probably not. Might want to avoid processed cheese. It sticks like glue. Just sayin...

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not TMI..! The prep is taxing but necessary for the most favorable results of the examination to reveal. Hope your examination result findings are minor and quickly able to be resolved. Quesadillas a “head start” prep? Probably not. Might want to avoid processed cheese. It sticks like glue. Just sayin...
Thanks, Taken. I have a family history of colon polyps, and the last two exams found some, so I need to get it taken care of.

No worries, mate. The quesadillas didn't stay in my GI tract long enough to leave any residue.

My stepson didn't know that the 64-ounce bottle of Gatorade in the fridge was for my prep mixture. He's lucky I hadn't put the magic powder it in yet, or he'd be having an unpleasant surprise in the middle of the night.:rolleyes:

Reactions: dev553344 and Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, Taken. I have a family history of colon polyps, and the last two exams found some, so I need to get it taken care of.

No worries, mate. The quesadillas didn't stay in my GI tract long enough to leave any residue.

My stepson didn't know that the 64-ounce bottle of Gatorade in the fridge was for my prep mixture. He's lucky I hadn't put the magic powder it in yet, or he'd be having an unpleasant surprise in the middle of the night.:rolleyes:

An unpleasant surprise....sure....and probably a thankful thought of happy to have more than one bathroom facility...