Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's another late night and I'm awake and working on my math puzzles. I'm not very good at it, but what the hey :)

Reactions: Ziggy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In my world, outside of this monitor, I have my dad and my daughter.
My world is quiet and small.
If I wasn't here, I would be down to once a week call with my daughter, and a nightly check in call with my dad.
That's my real world.

Here...
Wide open spaces..

electric company just showed up. They will be transferring the main power from one building to another.
It could take up to 4 hours to get the power and water back on.
Ofcourse they had to pick the coldest day. I think it's 0 degrees here in Maine this morning.
So , I'll be back as soon as I can.

cya later fam..
Hugs
@Ziggy Hoping the electric stuff turned out all right today...

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Hoping the electric stuff turned out all right today...
It did!
It only took about 2 hours, so it didn't get cold in the house.
We had a problem last fall? summer? time flies...
A circuit breaker (Main) got fried in the old cottage dad built in 1969. Completed the roof the night of the moon landing.
Just a summer cottage, a place to get away from the city for the summer.
I went in one day and smelled an electric burning smell so we called the electrician.
Good thing too, chances of it going up in flames was imminent.
They replaced the bad breaker, but the cottage is seeing the end of it's days. (sad to say)
So we had them shut off all the power to the cottage. The power from the cottage is what feeds the mobile home I live in.
So back in September, the electric company said they would be out to transfer all power from the cottage to the garage junction box.
They finally showed up yesterday.
Everything seems to be working well.
Lot of memories in that cottage, growing up as kids.
We lived in Boston. Dad came from Maine, and had a small piece of land his mom had sold him for $100.
I remember trying to pick up a hammer and help nail a board in the floor. I was only 4 years old.
We would go fishing at the brook and catch trout. Go swimming in the pond, pulling leaches off our toes from walking through the reeds.
Pick blueberries and strawberries from up on the ridge and sell them on the roadside to make a few dollars for the Blue Hill Fair we would go to at the end of summer.
Sure would of been rough if after all these years I had to watch it burn to the ground.
The Lord gave me a good nose for smelling things like oil, gas, solvents. I can smell them long before other people. Hey, what's that smell?

rambling...

Thank you for asking farouk
:)
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It did!
It only took about 2 hours, so it didn't get cold in the house.
We had a problem last fall? summer? time flies...
A circuit breaker (Main) got fried in the old cottage dad built in 1969. Completed the roof the night of the moon landing.
Just a summer cottage, a place to get away from the city for the summer.
I went in one day and smelled an electric burning smell so we called the electrician.
Good thing too, chances of it going up in flames was imminent.
They replaced the bad breaker, but the cottage is seeing the end of it's days. (sad to say)
So we had them shut off all the power to the cottage. The power from the cottage is what feeds the mobile home I live in.
So back in September, the electric company said they would be out to transfer all power from the cottage to the garage junction box.
They finally showed up yesterday.
Everything seems to be working well.
Lot of memories in that cottage, growing up as kids.
We lived in Boston. Dad came from Maine, and had a small piece of land his mom had sold him for $100.
I remember trying to pick up a hammer and help nail a board in the floor. I was only 4 years old.
We would go fishing at the brook and catch trout. Go swimming in the pond, pulling leaches off our toes from walking through the reeds.
Pick blueberries and strawberries from up on the ridge and sell them on the roadside to make a few dollars for the Blue Hill Fair we would go to at the end of summer.
Sure would of been rough if after all these years I had to watch it burn to the ground.
The Lord gave me a good nose for smelling things like oil, gas, solvents. I can smell them long before other people. Hey, what's that smell?

rambling...

Thank you for asking farouk
:)
Hugs
@Ziggy Well...you can evidently smell better than I can....my wife is pretty good at snuffing stuff, too...

Reactions: Lambano and Ziggy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm better at conspiracy theories at 3am. LOL
Having my first pre-dawn coffee.
I'm still up since late last night. I'll get some sleep soon. Had breakfast and getting ready for coffee.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noon on the US East Coast.

The first daffodils of spring have opened up, and the Winter Daphne is in bloom. If Daphne doesn't grow where you are, the fragrance is heavenly sweet. We have two Daphne bushes planted around the Prayer Garden in the back yard.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Noon on the US East Coast.

The first daffodils of spring have opened up, and the Winter Daphne is in bloom. If Daphne doesn't grow where you are, the fragrance is heavenly sweet. We have two Daphne bushes planted around the Prayer Garden in the back yard.
A prayer garden sounds sublime. I have a church that is next to my place that has good garden areas. I go there to feel peace sometimes.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A prayer garden sounds sublime. I have a church that is next to my place that has good garden areas. I go there to feel peace sometimes.
Our yard has an accessway to the public hiking trail down by the river, and sometimes people just stop and sit on the bench in the Prayer Garden. That makes me happy that people feel welcome and comfortable there.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our yard has an accessway to the public hiking trail down by the river, and sometimes people just stop and sit on the bench in the Prayer Garden. That makes me happy that people feel welcome and comfortable there.
I've noticed something about Holy Places. If we do good works and invite God into the area it remains with a good spirit of God. I noticed that when I was a sinner my room was filled with darkness. And when I lived according to Christ my house was light with the Spirit of God. And I think people pick up on that subconsciously. They enjoy being in Holy places. There is a peace and rest for the soul in such places. Having a prayer garden perhaps is the same.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@devin553344, I see you started a couple of threads on fasting. Lent starts March 2 this year. I will be starting Lent with a fast. I wish it were out of a desire to get closer to God. But no, it's because I have colonoscopy scheduled for March 3. Oh joy, oh joy. The prep work is such fun. :eek:
I did a quick peek on what to do before the procedure.
I never had one.
But this site has an example meal plan and some advice.
You probably already know what to do..
Just sharing..
Hugs
https://www.ccalliance.org/pdfs/resources/CCAlliance_ColonoscopyPrepGuide_SampleSixDay.pdf