Late night thread 2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I used to do hand stand push ups when I was young. I did a lot of workouts at the gym too. But now days walks are all I can afford. I do enjoy my walks too.
I mostly walk. But I miss the little bit of strength training I did. I couldn't do any pushups. I was starting to build that up.

also, the fact that you could do hand stand pushups is amazing.

Reactions: dev553344 and Selah

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it's late at night and this is the right thread for that. I got a blood sugar test kit yesterday and have been checking my levels which is pretty cool. This week the highs are in the high 60F's so it's currently pleasant. I got some PowerADE drinks for the hot spell we had. We finally made it thru the hot spells.

Reactions: Pathfinder7

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling good these days! Went for a walk and took a nap. My Mom and Dad sent me a big rocking chair and foot stool. It was very sweet of her.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling good these days! Went for a walk and took a nap. My Mom and Dad sent me a big rocking chair and foot stool. It was very sweet of her.
That sounds like a good idea. Rocking chairs are nice. I use my computer chair and rock back and forth in it as my meds make me a little restless.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's actually late at night for me. It will likely take two hours for me to go back to sleep

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was up last night for about two hours. I usually wake up in the middle of the night, but then I went back to sleep.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That happens to me a lot too. I should try going through my work email when that happens; that usually puts me to sleep.
I drink coffee and work on physics, that puts me out in a couple hours. I slept for 12 hours last night total. Caught up on some much needed rest.

Reactions: Lambano

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beef hot dog with chips and pork ramen for breakfast. Our food is super expensive now so I'm going to switch to eggs for breakfast next month when I can afford a frying pan with lid. Going to get some soup and chili for food later.

I still have a little money for food this month and have a plan to get thru. But yesterday I bought a $12 stuffed crust pizza which put me out a little. But boy was it good. Three meat and cheese.

Last edited:

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made a want list in the middle of my spending freeze. But in delaying the purchases, Im finding less of an urge to buy any thing on my want list. I think thats a huge blessing. How often in the past have I just bought some thing on impulse only to forget about it shortly?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I made a want list in the middle of my spending freeze. But in delaying the purchases, Im finding less of an urge to buy any thing on my want list. I think thats a huge blessing. How often in the past have I just bought some thing on impulse only to forget about it shortly?
Yeah that does happen. I've noticed being more poor that my impulse spending has gone to nearly null. I'm much more careful with what I spend my money on being that I have little of it. It's a blessing and I feel closer to the Lord because of it I think.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah that does happen. I've noticed being more poor that my impulse spending has gone to nearly null. I'm much more careful with what I spend my money on being that I have little of it. It's a blessing and I feel closer to the Lord because of it I think.
I understand. We personally go through seasons of less and more. But often when its less, I learn a lot about Godly contentment and thanking God for everything I can think of.

I find that Im happier this way. Walking is free and Ive been turning to that and library audiobooks instead of impulse buying.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand. We personally go through seasons of less and more. But often when its less, I learn a lot about Godly contentment and thanking God for everything I can think of.

I find that Im happier this way. Walking is free and Ive been turning to that and library audiobooks instead of impulse buying.
Yes you said it well, and perhaps I'll have more later on. I lived a pretty good life for a long while and enjoyed impulse spending :) It's your birthday soon and it is also my birthday soon so happy birthday coming up for both of us! And you get a new joy in your life to look forward to which is nice.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes you said it well, and perhaps I'll have more later on. I lived a pretty good life for a long while and enjoyed impulse spending :) It's your birthday soon and it is also my birthday soon so happy birthday coming up for both of us! And you get a new joy in your life to look forward to which is nice.
Thank you! I can imagine. Didn't you serve in the military at one point?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol thank you for serving!
You're welcome.

I just hit a button combination accidentally and ended up in phone mode on my large computer screen. Everything was in a tiny box :( I had to shut down the window and start over. Strange.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome.

I just hit a button combination accidentally and ended up in phone mode on my large computer screen. Everything was in a tiny box :( I had to shut down the window and start over. Strange.
Hopefully there's no huge computer mode for my phone screen. I usually post from my smartphone.

• Haha