Late Night Thread...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For some reason, the old meds work better on me than the new ones.

My old nurse said that older people tend to do well on newer meds and younger people on older meds.
Yeah, my sister is on older meds. I'm always looking for new meds for my condition. My current med makes me gain some weight, about 25 pounds above my normal weight. But I'm not super tired.

I have a mix if nightmares and pleasant dreams. Lately I've had some pleasant ones. Which is nice.

Reactions: Wynona

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yeah, my sister is on older meds. I'm always looking for new meds for my condition. My current med makes me gain some weight, about 25 pounds above my normal weight. But I'm not super tired.

I have a mix if nightmares and pleasant dreams. Lately I've had some pleasant ones. Which is nice.
devin: interesting perspective about nightmares...

Reactions: dev553344

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The weight gain is not fun. Id say Im getting mine under control, though.

I used to be almost twig-like. But the meds made me super hungry.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Wynona PS: On the other thread about vaping, there was a video about how much less damage it does than cigarettes. If you have both smoked and vaped, you will know what a difference it makes.
I really do hope so. Hubs talks about the benefits of vaping over smoking. I hope he's right, for the sake of his health.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The weight gain is not fun. Id say Im getting mine under control, though.

I used to be almost twig-like. But the meds made me super hungry.
That's good, my doctor tells me to exercise and diet. But it's kinda hard cause they do make me hungry. But I do exercise and I've been eating more healthy lately.

Reactions: Wynona

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's good, my doctor tells me to exercise and diet. But it's kinda hard cause they do make me hungry. But I do exercise and I've been eating more healthy lately.
Sometimes, I take a prescribed med thats supposed to help with my appetite.

But Ive mostly just learned to eat recommended portions. If I feel hungry after that, I wait 20 minutes to let the food settle.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes, I take a prescribed med thats supposed to help with my appetite.

But Ive mostly just learned to eat recommended portions. If I feel hungry after that, I wait 20 minutes to let the food settle.
I've been trying to quit nicotine. I've been using a similar method to reduce my intake. I wait two hours between doses. I'm trying to get up to three then four and quit. I would have to say good job. I know how hard it can be.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I've been trying to quit nicotine. I've been using a similar method to reduce my intake. I wait two hours between doses. I'm trying to get up to three then four and quit. I would have to say good job. I know how hard it can be.
So you've tried vaping instead of cigarettes?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those are some excellent changes you're making.

I will add you getting off nicotine to my ongoing prayer list.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you've tried vaping instead of cigarettes?
No I chew tobacco. I have a lung disease called Cystic Fibrosis. If I smoke I can pass out from it. So I just chew tobacco. It's unpleasant though so I'm trying to quit. I quit for 10 years before and started back up 10 years ago. It's time to quit now.

Reactions: farouk

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Lord, Devon and I both need to get off of nicotine. I ask that You give us whatever it is that we need to part ways with this pesticide. In Jesus' name, I pray, amen.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord, Devon and I both need to get off of nicotine. I ask that You give us whatever it is that we need to part ways with this pesticide. In Jesus' name, I pray, amen.
Lord I pray you also help Truman to curb his hunger for nicotine.

Reactions: Truman