Late Rev. Billy Graham Immortalized In Capitol Hill Statue: 'Pointing Future Generations to Jesus'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the bible was anyone saved by saying a silly prayer like the so-called "sinner's prayer"? Post the scriptures! That silliness is the essence of their false message.
You don't know ?
When a sinner comes to be led to Christ and repent of their sins,they typically do so by praying.As a sinner.

Technically, any such prayer is able to be described as a sinners prayer due to that fact

If you haven't prayed and asked forgiveness of your sins,that they be put under the blood of Christ so that God remembers them no more and you are then redeemed of that former sin debt, I urge you to listen in your heart for Christ knocking at that door.

Have you seen the picture of Jesus knocking at a door? It's a classic.
What is often left unnoticed in that image?
There is no doorknob on the door side that's facing Jesus.

No one comes to Him unless the Father calls them.

il_fullxfull.1730469525_slrq.jpg

That's not false doctrine. That's the Gospel Good News. :D

• Love
Reactions: Debp

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh. This again.

The "Sinner's Prayer" is an outward and visible sign of the repentance and faith in Christ that lies within the person's heart. Repentance and faith in Christ are about as biblical as you can get.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Late Rev. Billy Graham Immortalized In Capitol Hill Statue: 'Pointing Future Generations to Jesus'

I think Billy Graham was an outstanding crusader for our great Lord God Almighty, and several times watched his televised programing.

However…I do not think DC is an appropriate place for a statue of him to be situated. His home State, yes, Capitol Hill, no.

Glory to God,
Taken
Seems apropos to me. He made a point of being involved in politics throughout his life.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems apropos to me. He made a point of being involved in politics throughout his life.
Of course. He was the spiritual advisor of many presidents and members of Congress.

Our leaders in our churches are chosen by God. Our leaders in the American presidency are too.

It only makes sense that our presidents who are Christian would seek spiritual counsel.
Dr.Graham was a great choice.

Reactions: Taken and Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh. This again.

The "Sinner's Prayer" is an outward and visible sign of the repentance and faith in Christ that lies within the person's heart. Repentance and faith in Christ are about as biblical as you can get.
That's right. If the prayer is sincere, the Lord accepts it.

I prayed for forgiveness and for the Lord to come into my heart/life in 1972. And the Lord did!

• Love
Reactions: Lambano

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God uses people to do His will. Think what Prophets did in the old Testament, they delivered God's message. Now every generation had a Leader at different times. Charles Spurgeon was the one before Billy Graham. God used Spurgeon the same way He used Billy Graham. Billy Graham was anointed by God to bring the Gospel to the world. The first Preacher ever to do that, and Graham did it in a big way like no other. Guess what, Graham was the last. Billy Graham didn't seek fame, indorsements, or salary. The Billy Graham crusade was beyond reproach for using God's money and integrity that no organization I've ever been associated with.
If God uses Jonah to speak a few words and a country can repents, He can certainly use the "silly words" to save people. The last time I checked, God is in the miracle business. Nothing is impossible with God.
Go read and study the scriptures to see how people were saved in biblical times and then compare that to the false Billy Graham message. God does not deviate from or alter his word; it's consistent and steadfast. God didn't use Billy Graham, the devil did.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BIlly Grahams message was false as is now his son's message. No souls are brought to Christ through false preaching.

Billy Grahams message was false…

Perhaps you could “quote” Billy Graham’s message, that you claim “is false”, as your testimony.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Involved in politics? What do you mean?
Graham was a frequent visitor to the White House, personal friends with Richard Nixon, an official counselor and advisor to a few Presidents, and unofficially to a few more.

He was more circumspect about it in his later years, but early on he was very much a political figure.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Graham was a frequent visitor to the White House, personal friends with Richard Nixon, an official counselor and advisor to a few Presidents, and unofficially to a few more.

He was more circumspect about it in his later years, but early on he was very much a political figure.

Disagree. Graham was neither a politician or political figure. Graham was a Servant of God who spoke to and with millions of people, including politicians.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Disagree. Graham was neither a politician or political figure. Graham was a Servant of God who spoke to and with millions of people, including politicians.
I wasn't giving an opinion here, such that one would say, "I disagree." I was simply reciting facts. You don't need to take my word for it...

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The gospel is the good news of salvation. If you can't tell someone how to be saved in Christ you're not preaching the gospel. Or if you tell someone how to be saved falsely, giving them false hope by not telling them the truth, then that's worse yet; you're then a false teacher and doibgvthe Devil's work. This is what Billy Graham did and what his organization still does. I see Franklin Graham on TV all the time telling people to tell Jesus to enter your heart and say the silly prayer to be forgiven. THAT is false doctrine that unfortunately people believe and think their souls are saved. They're not.
You can continue to ignore the fact you don't know what you are talking about as you persist in this thread to speak about an untruth.

What you are accomplishing is not the agenda of a demonic slander campaign against the 70+ years of Dr. Graham's dedication to God.

We can ignore fools here.

What you are achieving is showing us that you need Christ.

And to be ignored. Because,as God said, the things of God are foolishness to the natural minded.

There is a sinners prayer. Unless God wills it through his grace and Holy Spirit,you will never know what that actually is or means.

Which is why trying to teach you through our efforts has failed. Of course.

Billy knew. And you will never be able to actually judge him for that.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus talked with sinners and even went to their houses to eat with them. He did this so they could learn His message. So it's normal that Billy Graham would have relationships with politicians....they need to hear the good news of Christ as we all do.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can continue to ignore the fact you don't know what you are talking about as you persist in this thread to speak about an untruth.

What you are accomplishing is not the agenda of a demonic slander campaign against the 70+ years of Dr. Graham's dedication to God.

We can ignore fools here.

What you are achieving is showing us that you need Christ.

And to be ignored. Because,as God said, the things of God are foolishness to the natural minded.

There is a sinners prayer. Unless God wills it through his grace and Holy Spirit,you will never know what that actually is or means.

Which is why trying to teach you through our efforts has failed. Of course.

Billy knew. And you will never be able to actually judge him for that.
Blah blah blah. I'll follow the words and plan of the bible. You can follow the words and plan of false preachers, i.e.; Billy Graham

• Haha