Latter Day Saints Site Falsely Teaches Works Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about Jane thinks on this, but I left the LDS church when the elders tried to tell me God has a wife, and that is where spirit babies came from. Jane, if that is wrong, so be it. that is what I was told, and that is why i hightailed it out of there.

3. I had learned to call thee Father,
Thru thy Spirit from on high,
But, until the key of knowledge
Was restored, I knew not why.
In the heav’ns are parents single?
No, the thought makes reason stare!
Truth is reason; truth eternal
Tells me I’ve a mother there.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know about Jane thinks on this, but I left the LDS church when the elders tried to tell me God has a wife, and that is where spirit babies came from. Jane, if that is wrong, so be it. that is what I was told, and that is why i hightailed it out of there.

Yes I was taught this too.

Reactions: M3n0r4h

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt a conversation with @Jane_Doe22 is going to be productive for you. Mormons tend to teach from the hip things that their church doesn't support. All @Jane_Doe22 will do is quote the LDS official website. But that's not what Mormons teach.

If you go to a Catholic church they are required to go to school and get educated before they preach their church doctrine. So they are more in unison as to what they teach. Mormons aren't required to do that and so a lot of false doctrine is spread thru out the Mormon church. I found this out myself when I was active in the LDS church for 10 years.

Cheers!
This is inaccurate, offensive, and a personal attack.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That's no a secret. Here's an official essay on the topic: Mother in Heaven

As to my thoughts on it: I strongly believe that Heavenly Father is a Father. Not some androgynous it like the Force from Star Wars. I find great beauty in the doctrine of Heavenly Mother, even if very little in known there.

• Wow
Reactions: Keturah

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no sex in Heaven. God didn't fool around and make us.
I did not say anything about sex, and "fooling around".

How dare you.

"There is but one only living and true God, who is infinite in being and perfection, a most pure spirit, invisible, without body, parts, or passions, immutable, immense, eternal, incomprehensible" - The Westminster Confession. I do not ratify this.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Westminster confession is not the Bible.
What you said is awful. Androgynous it.:mad:

Why are their sexes in heaven--what is their purpose. Why does God have a wife?
Why do you need a heavenly mother? Where does it speak about that in the Bible. It doesn't. Here comes JS with this stuff, so for over 1800 years, nobody knew there was a mother up there? up there?

• Love

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Westminster confession is not the Bible.
What you said is awful. Androgynous it.:mad:

Why are their sexes in heaven--what is their purpose. Why does God have a wife?
Why do you need a heavenly mother? Where does it speak about that in the Bible. It doesn't. Here comes JS with this stuff, so for over 1800 years, nobody knew there was a mother up there? up there?
Again: I do NOT believe that God is androydenous, as the Westminster Creed teaches.

Rather, I believe that the Father is male. Christ was/is male. That Christ and the Father both love- to extreme depths. That marriage in this life is not "just an outlet for sex" or "training wheels so that someday we can then love everyone deeply" (ideas I've heard expressed in Creedal Christianity). Rather, I believe that marriage is for eternity. That the Father Himself has a wife- man and female were made in God's image. Love and marriage are beautiful.

• Haha

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and I told you that the West. Creed is not in the Bible, but you think you've got that to hang your hat on. Go ahead.

Rather, I believe that marriage is for eternity. That the Father Himself has a wife- man and female were made in God's image. Love and marriage are beautiful.
Bible doesn't teach that.

Matt 15:8-9
'These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. And in vain they worship Me, Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

God would have said something if He has a wife. And He didn't--unless you count the JS stuff that came out 1800 after Jesus. Also, I assume, when Jesus was praying, He would've said "Hi" to His mom, or prayed to her. Nope.

And did she give birth to Jesus up there? And satan? And you and me?

Last edited:
  • Love

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and I told you that the West. Creed is not in the Bible
I totally agree. However, the Westminster Creed is a major part of Protestant theology.

Bible doesn't teach that.

Genesis 1, emphasis mine: "26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. 28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not say God has a wife. He designed that union for reproduction as well and companionship.

And did she give birth to Jesus up there as a spirit baby?? And Satan? And you and me?

Does God have a father and mother?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not say God has a wife.
Females were made in the image of God as well.
And the "that's not in the Bible" objection doesn't matter to me because I don't believe God's Truths are limited to the 66 book Protestant Bible ( a collection of books assembled by tradition and does not claim God's Truths are limited to them).

And did she give birth to Jesus up there as a spirit baby?? And Satan? And you and me?

Does God have a father and mother?
"Birth" is what us mortal call it when a physical body comes out of a mother's physical womb. I haven't said anything about Heavenly Mother in that regard, and nor did I physically come out of her in that regard. That's not the operating framework.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt a conversation with a Mormon is going to be productive for you. Mormons tend to teach from the hip things that their church doesn't support. And some will just quote the LDS official website. But that's not what Mormons teach.

If you go to a Catholic church they are required to go to school and get educated before they preach their church doctrine. So they are more in unison as to what they teach. Mormons aren't required to do that and so a lot of false doctrine is spread thru out the Mormon church. I found this out myself when I was active in the LDS church for 10 years.

Cheers!
Catholic teaching is not biblical and all most all the catholics i know, don't read the Bible at all. (including my mom, sister, and other family members.)

I have these conversations to teach them what scripture actually says not traditions of men.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's no a secret. Here's an official essay on the topic: Mother in Heaven

As to my thoughts on it: I strongly believe that Heavenly Father is a Father. Not some androgynous it like the Force from Star Wars. I find great beauty in the doctrine of Heavenly Mother, even if very little in known there.
Wow ! You just blew your whole testimony outside of being a "Mormon ".......BYE.