Less than half of U.S. adults believe in God without a doubt, but majority still pray: study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Let these my words which I pleaded before Yahweh be near to Yahweh our God, by day and by night, to maintain the justice of his servant and the justice of his people Israel as each day requires, so that all of the people of the earth may know that Yahweh, he is God; there is none other.” - Solomon (1 Kings 8:59-60)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, without any doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed. For that man shouldn’t think that he will receive anything from the Lord. He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.” - James (James 1:5-8)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
“Without faith no one can please God. Anyone who comes to God must believe that he is real and that he rewards those who truly want to find him.”

(Hebrews 11:6; ICB)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
On a nostalgia trip this morning. The survey reminds me of an incident that happened in the mountains of Eastern Kentucky* when I was just beginning my career as a civil engineer. I was having a conversation with a grizzled old man. In the course of that conversation, the kindly old gentleman uttered a line that I’ve never forgotten - ”’Cause you just don’t never know about them things.”

The conversation had nothing to do with prayer. That day.

* I’m originally from Eastern Kentucky