Let’s Do a “ Dangerous” Experiment— BB plays “ God”......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Ezekiel 33:19 and its context in Ezekiel 33:11-20, we find that a man will live thereby, if he turns from his wickedness and does what is lawful and right...

So yes, there is salvation in repentance...

Repentance and holy living is strewn throughout the holy scriptures as a principle.

I will not go so far as to say that it is the catalyst for salvation; but I will say that it is the sure result of salvation...and if you don't have holy living it is the sure sign that you have not been saved.

And the Lord will not produce holy living in you against your will...so repentance is required.

Holy living is a major aspect of the salvation that the Lord gives to everyone who is saved, is what I am saying...for without holiness no one shall see the Lord (Hebrews 14:12).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, it says very plainly that Jesus died for our sins...

Now we know that scripture interprets scripture...

So 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 can be opened to us more clearly by looking at Matthew 1:21, 1 John 1:7, 1 John 1:9, and Titus 2:14.

And these verses can be opened to us more clearly by looking at such verses as 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9; Jude 1:24, 2 Peter 1:10, 1 John 2:10; 1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6; 1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17; Romans 6:6, Colossians 2:11.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy living is a major aspect of the salvation that the Lord gives to everyone who is saved, is what I am saying...for without holiness no one shall see the Lord (Hebrews 14:12).

“ Holiness” is just like “ Righteousness”...... it is a thing that God IMPUTES upon All Of those that “ Turn to Him( Repentance) with Faith in Jesus Christ”......
I, like you, was born a sinner and I am going to die a sinner, practically speaking .If not for the Grace of God, you and I both would be headed for a more-than -deserved Hell like two speeding bullets! If we “ Believe in the One He sent” , however—— evidenced by Resting in the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4— God will take our sins.....put them on the Cross.....and in turn take the Perfection Of His Son and clothe us with it......
Without Imputation, NO man is “ Holy” enough, nor is ANY man “Worthy” Of Heaven .....We are “ MADE WORTHY” by the Blood Of The Lamb! That’s the Good News! Simply Believe it! REST in it! If one is worrying and fretting over the Reality Of their Salvation ( being assured that they can never lose it) they are not “ resting”. If you are not “resting” .....you are not actually “ believing”. The two go hand-in- hand. In fact, they are the same.Rest in your imputed Holiness. Rest in your imputed Righteousness.REST in Paul’s Gospel Of Grace —- the thing that God Will Judge you by...He’s gonna ask you , “ What did you do with My Gospel? Did you REST in it? “
God says in Hebrews that if you do not Rest in the Gospel ......you are Guilty Of UNBELIEF ! Make sure you don’t stand before God with “ that” charge against you.Believe the Gospel .....TRULY Believe!
God bless ....

Reactions: Pathfinder7

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without Imputation, NO man is “ Holy” enough, nor is ANY man “Worthy” Of Heaven

1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

Rev 3:4, Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.

Rom 5:19, For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Gal 2:20, I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Mat 5:6, Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.

If you are not “resting” .....you are not actually “ believing”.

I am definitely resting in the imputed righteousness of Christ...and as the result, He has also imparted His righteousness unto me.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jo 3:7, Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

A “Righteousness man ( a man with Faith in Jesus Christ , thus having an “ imputed “ righteousness) is the only type of man who even has a “ chance “ to do Righteous things. And he does them as God Works “ Through” Him .
The other type of man— the UNRIGHTEOUS man ( the Unbelieving man with no faith) can’t do ANYTHING that is Righteous . His “ best” acts are as “ Dirty, used menstrual rags “ to God......That is all that John is saying here.....

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A “Righteousness man ( a man with Faith in Jesus Christ , thus having an “ imputed “ righteousness) is the only type of man who even has a “ chance “ to do Righteous things. And he does them as God Works “ Through” Him .
The other type of man— the UNRIGHTEOUS man ( the Unbelieving man with no faith) can’t do ANYTHING that is Righteous . His “ best” acts are as “ Dirty, used menstrual rags “ to God......That is all that John is saying here.....
John is saying, in 1 John 3:7, that the righteousness that is as righteous as Jesus is righteous is a practical righteousness...not merely imputed and positional; but imparted and practical.

This practical and imparted righteousness is the righteousness of faith (Philippians 3:9) and is therefore as fine linen, clean and white (Revelation 19:8).

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John is saying, in 1 John 3:7, that the righteousness that is as righteous as Jesus is righteous is a practical righteousness...not merely imputed and positional; but imparted and practical.

This practical and imparted righteousness is the righteousness of faith (Philippians 3:9) and is therefore as fine linen, clean and white (Revelation 19:8).

I agree that the New Creation “ Should” Do things that are “practically Righteous” .....I agree that 99.9% of the time, that man with the New Heart “ WILL” do those good things ......The Born-Again Man will show in his life the very reason that God created “ any” man.....to be kind to others and to carry the burdens of others “........here is where we part company . The Saved man ,very much more than likely ,WILL perform good acts.... Visible for the entire world to see.It should come to pass—- it just does not “ HAVE” to. God desires these good acts to be formed by His Children, But they never got anybody saved, nor did they ever “ Keep” Anybody Saved.......We must never forget the Truth Of Salvation—-it was a GIFT..... given to the ungodly , given to this that do NOT work for it! Nothing But The Blood for our Salvation....Two Things Saves us......The Blood Of Jesus and our Faith in that Blood...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously, we are not saved by our works....

However, if we are saved, not only have specific works been prepared beforehand for us to walk in...

But when it comes to committing sins, as believers in Christ we do not have the tendency to sin any longer. The capacity to sin is still there (1 John 1:8)...it is just rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

So then, we do not have to sin any more.

And if we also don't want to sin any more...

You tell me what reason we would have for sinning in this life.

Last edited:

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Obviously, we are not saved by our works....

However, if we are saved, not only have specific works been prepared beforehand for us to walk in...

But when it comes to committing sins, as believers in Christ we do not have the tendency to sin any longer. The capacity to sin is still there....it is just rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

So then, we do not have to sin any more.

And if we also don't want to sin any more...

You tell me what reason we would have for sinning in this life.

I sense a change in your tune Justbyfaith all this back and forward with Bloodbought might be rubbing off on you, Good signs

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sense a change in your tune Justbyfaith all this back and forward with Bloodbought might be rubbing off on you, Good signs
You have obviously not been following me for the whole time that I have been on these boards...

I took a detour when I prayed for victory and the Lord gave me Ezekiel 33:11-20...

(and the truth that the Lord gave me through that passage will also, always be with me and in me)...

But I have always basically taught what I am teaching now in the above posts.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
You have obviously not been following me for the whole time that I have been on these boards...

I took a detour when I prayed for victory and the Lord gave me Ezekiel 33:11-20...

(and the truth that the Lord gave me through that passage will also, always be with me and in me)...

But I have always basically taught what I am teaching now in the above posts.

No, I haven't been here long But your title in your profile answers your question above :)

justbyfaith
Well-Known Member, Male, 47, from San Pedro

chief of sinners

I am not as familiar with Ezekiel as You probably are but from what I understand the verse is to the house of Israel to the Jews whos land was about to be destroyed showing them guidance going forward, The message is important in context but you're not in that predicament

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not as familiar with Ezekiel as You probably are but from what I understand the verse is to the house of Israel to the Jews whos land was about to be destroyed showing them guidance going forward, The message is important in context but you're not in that predicament
Everything in Ezekiel is profitable for doctrine (2 Timothy 3:16).