Let’s Do a “ Dangerous” Experiment— BB plays “ God”......

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All right, guys and gals.....let’s play “ pretend” for a few minutes .....

Let’s pretend that “I” , Blood Bought , am Ruler Of the Universe .As the Guy who calls the shots—- I am making a decree!

For the next 24 hours , everybody who sees this Post is set free to do absolutely ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that they Want to do? Yes Sireee! If you Want to do it— DO IT! It will have absolutely NO EFFECT on your Salvation! Wanna rob a bank ? Wanna “ rape , ravage and plunder?” Do ya just wanna “ let loose” on that Jerk you Work with everyday and can’t stand? Now is the time—- do want you want to do and get a complete pass on losing your Salvation.....
I should make it clear that there is ONE Stipulation on all of this “ fun”.... although your Salvation is not a factor in all of this, you WILL Pay in the “ temperal” sense——if you rob that bank you May go to jail and if you let loose finally on that guy you don’t like, you could be ashamed of yourself later......
Soooooo.....having set up this Scenario....what would you guys Do that was different if we could Sin and “ get away with it” as far as our Salvation and that ONLY is concerned? Would it be “ Head for the hills, Ma Barker ! All “ Hell” is gonna break loose !” .....or........would things not be all that much different .
Anybody out there have a “ Take” on my game of ‘ pretend?” My own Take is it may not be “ Pretend” at all......thanks to anybody who puts in their “ two cents”.....

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My perspective (from inside the Kingdom) has gone from
"If you do this, you will be condemned,"​
to
"If you do this you will hurt yourself (and others) unnecessarily."​

The second rationale keeps me from the first,
but the first still exists for those who don't get the second.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anybody out there have a “ Take” on my game of ‘ pretend?” My own Take is it may not be “ Pretend” at all......thanks to anybody who puts in their “ two cents”.....
Anybody playing this 'pretend' game doesn't have a salvation to lose for it to even matter.

Reactions: Davy

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My perspective (from inside the Kingdom) has gone from
"If you do this, you will be condemned,"​
to
"If you do this you will hurt yourself (and others) unnecessarily."​

The second rationale keeps me from the first,
but the first still exists for those who don't get the second.

Care to elaborate on this interesting “ take”...... thanks...

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If you BB where ruler of the universe I would give you A bowl of brussel sprouts to say thanks

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Care to elaborate on this interesting “ take”...... thanks...
Consider
  • You shall not murder, or
  • You shall not commit adultery,
From the Ten Commandments.

By continuing to live in sin (without being washed), we are guaranteed eternal damnation for disregarding them.

It is easy to recognize that the person murdered or the person who is cheated on are victims, but the murderer and the adulterers are victims, too, even if self-inflicted.* God loves the defendant(s) AND the plaintiff. And they will all be better off if the former listens to Him. Whether successful in their sin or not, willful sin breaks the sinner on the inside and hardens his/her heart. Being born into sin, we get a bit fatalistic, saying "What is one more going to hurt?"

But after getting your sins washed away (in Salvation), to have all of that yuck removed and weight lifted off of you, you would never want to go back to living like that, ever --even if there were no additional threat of Hell.

While we are in the flesh (for various reasons), we still fall into sin from time-to-time, but when we recognize that/are convicted, it makes me want to hop into a 1 John 1:9 shower, right away! I certainly don't want to take on such guilt intentionally, let alone its natural consequences.

Your proposal in the OP only offered a reprieve of Judgment. It did not (and cannot) keep guilt from accumulating.

B.C., if you murder, commit adultery, etc., you will lose your soul!
A.D., if you murder, commit adultery, etc.,** you will lose your Peace! (That is bad enough!)
(People who have never had an "A.D." only know about the B.C.)

*Adam & Eve were victims of The Fall, too, even though they were willing participants. The Serpent tricked them.
**It only applies to sin that you recognize. Grace covers whatever the the Holy Spirit hasn't taught you, yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for your “ two cents”...... I disagree , but thanks for your input....
Purposely sinning is the mark of the unbeliever. And their fate is the lake of fire.

26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... although your Salvation is not a factor in all of this, you WILL Pay in the “ temperal” sense——if you rob that bank you May go to jail and if you let loose finally on that guy you don’t like, you could be ashamed of yourself later......
Soooooo.....having set up this Scenario....what would you guys Do that was different if we could Sin and “ get away with it” as far as our Salvation and that ONLY is concerned? Would it be “ Head for the hills, Ma Barker ! All “ Hell” is gonna break loose !” .....or........would things not be all that much different .
It's interesting how you didn't include being cut off from fellowship with God in your list of consequences for sinning. This is the #1 reason why I hate and avoid sin. Life is miserable without God's joy and presence.

I think your pretend game would make a fine test to see who the real believers are and who are not, and who loves God and who does not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sabertooth

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you BB where ruler of the universe I would give you A bowl of brussel sprouts to say thanks
What would you give the real ruler of the universe who is able to make slaves of righteousness out of his people?

Romans 6:18
18You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What would you give the real ruler of the universe who is able to make slaves of righteousness out of his people?

Romans 6:18
18You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Praise and Gratitude,Id prolly be really anoying like Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Purposely sinning is the mark of the unbeliever. And their fate is the lake of fire.

26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

Once again we can witness the confusion that goes hand-in- hand with taking Scripture out of Context.......Don’t be a lazy student of the Word — read the 10 chapters that preceded this verse and it is obvious what “ Sin” is being discussed ....
Fence -Straddling Jews had heard the Gospel ....Those That Believed it abandoned giving blood sacrifices at the still fully- operating Temple. There was no longer any “ need” for that if you put your Faith in the Blood Of Jesus. If you rejected the Gospel and proved it by “NOT” trusting in the Blood Of Jesus and continued to sacrifice animals at the Temple,you were in effect , “trampling” the ONLY BLOOD that could save you.....you had in effect REJECTED the Gospel,That could have saved you.....You have not studied God’s Word in context....you have failed to “ Rightly Divide” ....this is how one obtains a brain of “ religious Mush”.....”Show thyself to be an able Student”.....and when obvious evidence stares you in the face—- stop being “ stiff-necked”.....

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But after getting your sins washed away (in Salvation), to have all of that yuck removed and weight lifted off of you, you would never want to go back to living like that, ever --even if there were no additional threat of Hell.
Your proposal in the OP only offered a reprieve of Judgment. It did not (and cannot) keep guilt from accumulating.
A.D., if you murder, commit adultery, etc.,** you will lose your Peace! (That is bad enough!)
It's interesting how you didn't include being cut off from fellowship with God in your list of consequences for sinning. This is the #1 reason why I hate and avoid sin. Life is miserable without God's joy and presence.
Clean Before My Lord, Honeytree (1985)

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..”Show thyself to be an able Student”.....and when obvious evidence stares you in the face—- stop being “ stiff-necked”.....
You mean like this?

1 John 3:9
9Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God.

See it? The person who purposely goes on sinning is not born again. It's right there staring you right in the face. Don't be stiff necked.

Like I say, your game would be a good test to see who knows and sees and loves God and who does not. The person who takes the carrot you're dangling in front of them is only showing that they have no intimate relationship with God with which to compare living in sin with.

1 John 3:6
6 No one who continues to sin has seen Him or known Him.

Reactions: friend of

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some great responses....I agree with much that is being said, but so far, not one post has showed any evidence that they got my POiNT! Somebody out there....PLEASE ! Restore my faith in Humanity....Does Anybody understand that my post has NOTHING TO DO do with advocating sin in any way , shape or form ? Do I “ really” have to break this thing down, Word by word? Is there anybody out there with an ounce of “ insight” that can understand hyperbole..... exaggerating something or presenting something ludicrous to simply make a point?Somebody....please ....”If” you are out there.....please don’t be shy.....what am I trying to illustrate with my little scenario?

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anybody out there with an ounce of “ insight” that can understand hyperbole...?
I can usually understand hyperbole, but I think (this time) you will have to draw a picture...
full

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Some great responses....I agree with much that is being said, but so far, not one post has showed any evidence that they got my POiNT! Somebody out there....PLEASE ! Restore my faith in Humanity....Does Anybody understand that my post has NOTHING TO DO do with advocating sin in any way , shape or form ? Do I “ really” have to break this thing down, Word by word? Is there anybody out there with an ounce of “ insight” that can understand hyperbole..... exaggerating something or presenting something ludicrous to simply make a point?Somebody....please ....”If” you are out there.....please don’t be shy.....what am I trying to illustrate with my little scenario?

I think I get your point, So I confess so hopefully you can forgive me So as to not jeopardize my future.... Well... I Have coveted your Harley and thought about taking when you were not around and riding it like I stole it....But to be honest I wouldn't want to hurt my little buddy So I couldn't do it.

Seriously Tho I feel Free to do what I want every day The freedom and peace I have After Learning and Believing In Jesus I feel free to do what I want, The thing is my wants changed and I don't want to Sin, I hate Sin I want to honor My Father, follow Him and do things that please him, I want to learn more and more of his word, So In my Freedom I have been Given I want to Do What He wants.... strange isn't it

Reactions: Debp and Sabertooth

HisLife

Aug 24, 2020
Napier
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I guess I could make it more simpler and say I could do any of those things and it wouldn't have an effect on my salvation because salvation Isn't based on anything I could do...Its all About What Jesus Did, Like the song says What can wash away my Sin nothing but the blood of Jesus