Let brotherly love continue

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Often it seems on forums that the worst side of "Christians" appear. I wonder if we were speaking face to face if words would be so sharp and unkind?

Galatians 5:13-15
13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.
When i read this good reminder i also had another reminder come into my mind .
Remember how sharp and grave paul was being when he wrote to the church of corinth .
First we can see the reason he wrote to them was so they would repent of said sins , BEFORE Paul came
and had to deal with it . So we do see that pauls desire was their repentance before IT had to be dealt with by paul .
Cause any true leader would rather just have joy of the flock . But any true leader will also do that which must be done
for the sake of the church . He also noted that some folks might say OH HIS letters are so WEIIGHTY and POWERFUL
but he wont be like that when he comes . PAUL warned them not to Beleive that . That if he did show up
HE would be as HE was in his letters to them . You see paul actaully was sincere and grave and DID love the church .
The one thing i noticed about the apostels , in their letters , was they actually PUT GOD above all .
Actually had a pure and holy reverance of GOD . they were certianly not men pleasers . YET
by having this agape love upon their hearts we can see the true and pure LOVE towards the people .
For it was concerned for their souls well being , not rather , as it is today , for what is pleasing to man .
What is pleasing to man IS not pleasing to GOD . For what is pleasing to man serveth the flesh . mens hopes
mens desires , mens dreams . The churches are in trouble my friend .
The leaders seek to please humanity , and on that path ONE CANNOT BE THE SERVANT OF CHRIST
and thus FOR SURE cannot lead no church.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video has several verses about loving one another. Good for memorization and then acting upon the instructions...

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suspect that those who try to define "love" in a restrictive way are just trying to get out of obeying the commandment to "Love Thy Neighbor".

• Love
Reactions: Debp

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A wise young man who was part of my Bible study group pointed out that positive commands like loving thy neighbor are FAR more difficult to obey than the prohibitive "thou shalt nots". The prohibitive commands are fairly well defined and limited in scope, whereas a command like "love thy neighbor" is open-ended and takes wisdom and discernment and caring and communication to know what the right thing to do for thy brother or sister is. And frankly speaking, it can be really hard work.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen and Debp

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A wise young man who was part of my Bible study group pointed out that positive commands like loving thy neighbor are FAR more difficult to obey than the prohibitive "thou shalt nots". The prohibitive commands are fairly well defined and limited in scope, whereas a command like "love thy neighbor" is open-ended and takes wisdom and discernment and caring and communication to know what the right thing to do for thy brother or sister is. And frankly speaking, it can be really hard work.
I suppose that's where the Golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." comes into play.
I extend the thought by asking myself, "If I was in their shoes, what would I need right now?"

The well-intended, "Let me know if there's anything I can do." sentiment doesn't work very well.
Much preferred would be something like, "I'll put together a team to bring some meals by while your wife is in hospital."

My personal ministry, which requires embarrassingly little effort on my part, is to be an encouragement to others.
For some reason, I find people who need encouragement pretty much everywhere I go.
When I walk away, I plan to leave them with a smile.

/

Reactions: Lambano and Debp

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I suppose that's where the Golden rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you." comes into play.
I extend the thought by asking myself, "If I was in their shoes, what would I need right now?"

The well-intended, "Let me know if there's anything I can do." sentiment doesn't work very well.
Much preferred would be something like, "I'll put together a team to bring some meals by while your wife is in hospital."

My personal ministry, which requires embarrassingly little effort on my part, is to be an encouragement to others.
For some reason, I find people who need encouragement pretty much everywhere I go.

/
Open rebuke is better than secrete love . When we witness it should be to simply do what is BEST for the person .
Exhortation IS encouragment .
Exhortation is Edification .
Otherwise our witness is nothing more than that of new age physcology .
The idea we are here to simply cheer folks up and make them feel good about themselves , WONT work .
WE sure can ENCOURAGE , yes . But at times we must also save some through fear , hating even the garment spotted by the flesh .
Warnings and reminders about the severity or goodness of GOD is not wrong at all .
We must Persaude men , which includes correcting sin and error as well as all things .
I have been watching this huge one sided way of evanglizing . ITS NOT WORKING at all .
Warn as the SPIRIT leads , encourage as the SPIRIT leads , but beware of mens ways of evangelizing or witnessing ,
cause many are under the new age way and influence of HOW TO DO and WHAT TO SAY
and if we take note , there is no severity in it . There is no warnings , there is no correction of sin
Rather its just hug and encourge . WHILE i am not against hugs nor encouragment , THAT AINT THE ONLY WAY
IF we really want to see HOW CHRIST and the apostels did their witnessing , I suggest we get in the bible and see
how they did this witnessing . Todays witnessing has become so non effective
as a true witness to the world . Not only that but it has ill affected those who are under it
to actually only CORRECT those who would warn and correct . Todays witnesses who witness
the way they do , WOULD attack EVEN the way JESUS did HIS OWN MINISITRY . cause JESUS actually
corrected any and all error WHEREVER HE WENT . Even to those who invited him to dinner
HE corrected their error , IF they had error . WE FORGET THAT SO FAST .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
actually love indeed would and does fullfill the righteousness of the law . And its wrote upon the heart of a lamb .
Now for the warning , yet many use that same truth i just said
to teach a love that sure seems to allow trangressions and even calls some said sins , transgressions as love .
IT uses love as a blanket to omit JUST HOW CHRIST and the apostels actually did WITNESS
IF love is being used to over look sins and errors , to not correct and worse to justify sins , THEN IT AINT LOVE
Well let me correct that last bit , oH its love , but its the love that cometh of the world and NOT of GOD .
We would be wise to learn this .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
The Golden rule . Do unto others as you would have them to do to you .
Lets examine that .
When i was in darkness , lost , loving sin , embracing evil
DID NOT the LOVE of GOD appear and pull me from that darkness . HIS grace .
SO why would we , who have this love of GOD now shed upon our hearts
turn a blind eye to those who are in danger . CAUSE this GOD did not do unto the lambs .
Correcting sin and error is not wrong . ITS right and it is love .
IF you were skating on thin ice , but just because you were not aware of the dangers
and yet i sat and watched you and said nothing and you broke through and drowned
DO YOU THINK that is really love at all .
If we were in danger would we not want to have been warned . OR would we rather GOD just have left us in darkness .
Exactly . NOW GO and do likewise .
Errors must be corrected . JESUS CHRIST and all sound doctrine must be continually used for the good of all .
That do include the warnings too .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This video has several verses about loving one another. Good for memorization and then acting upon the instructions...

March onwards in the glorious Lord my friend .
The absolute best example i can see for any example , IS JESUS CHRIST and then later what the apostels
by the SPIRIT left us in that bible . I have found THAT INSTRUCTION to the most holy , pure and lovey
and an aboslute dire need for the church to get back TO IT . Now raise those hands and let the LORD be praised .
I had a dream last night .
In the dream there was a man sitting at the table
and reading from this very brightly colored book , NOT the BIBLE .
He was reading where it said GOD is Love , GOD desires none to perish
And yet it was HOW he was saying it and WHAT he was leaving out .
He kept saying GOD is LOOOOOOOOOOOOOV
its like he was drawing this reminder out and YET , and yet all the while
what he was not telling them was
THE DIRE NEED TO HAVE TO BELIEVE ON JESUS and reminding them about the TRUTH that those who do not WILL PERISH .
HE was using and chanting the truth and yet using the truth , this love to pull the people into another direction .
I quickly stood up at the table and said YES GOD is LOVE , YES GOD Desires not the death of the wicked
or for any to perish . BUT IF WE BELIEVE NOT that JESUS IS THE CHRIST then we will perish .
To my suprise it seemed like the man actually heard that correction and the people at the table did too .
WE are in a war my friend . And the devil is using certain truths and all the while omitting things
THE DEVIL tells not the whole truth . ALWAYS he uses it in order to imply another idea which aint true .
HE DOES this with LOVE TOO .