Let God be true and every man a liar - Rom 3:4

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
There are many ways to learn about God but the most common is by one who teaches. If the one that teaches is not Holy Ghost filled, it is suspect. The ability to read the bible for ourselves is fairly recent (11th century, in English 15th century) and by that time the Word had been so distorted that the majority were believing something other than God’s word.

1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

What is the major error that has been propagated? It is prophecy. Probably 99% of Christians are still waiting for Jesus to return. Why? What has he not done, according to scripture? Do we not know he said he had come to fulfill all that had been written. Luk 24:44

Mar 9:1 And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

The disciples were the ones standing there. There would be some of them that would not taste death until they had seen Jesus come back in power (judgment). Why would he come back in their generation? Because it was the Jews that rejected him and broke the covenant between them and God.

Who else did Jesus point this out to?
Mat 23:1 Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
Mat 23:2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat:

Mat 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Mat 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Mat 23:16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!

Mat 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

Mat 23:29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

Mat 23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
Mat 23:34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:
Mat 23:35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.
Mat 23:36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Mat 23:37 O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
Mat 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
Mat 23:39 For I say unto you, Ye shall not see me henceforth, till ye shall say, Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.
How can we ignore the above scriptures as if Jesus never said them, or change it to mean he was talking to us?

People will say it didn’t happen, but history says it did. How is that?

Mat 24:1 And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
Mat 24:2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

That happened is 70 AD. How does that relate to judgment? Because the Jews knew that would happen on judgment day.
Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world? (age)

If they, or others, were looking for Jesus to return in any other way than in power, they missed it.

The end of the age was the end of the old covenant. We live under the new covenant and it is without end.
Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

keras

Writer of Bible study guides
Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Since the fulfilment of the Roman destruction of the Temple and the second dispersion of the Jews in 70 CE, Jesus gave His Revelation to us about what will happen in the last days of the 2000 year 'Church era'.
Mark 9:1 refers to the spiritual Kingdom, which came upon them at Pentecost. Acts 2:1-4 We still await the physical Kingdom, and we pray: Thy Kingdom come....

Re the New Covenant, This has not yet been made between the Lord and His people. Hebrews 8:8-12 This Covenant awaits the regathering of all the twelve tribes of Israel back into their heritage- the holy Land. The event that will enable this to happen is the Sixth Seal judgement/punishment of the nations, a many prophesied Day of fire. It will be triggered by an attack against Israel by the surrounding peoples. Psalm 83 gives the details. Malachi 4:1, and Isaiah 30:26 tells us exactly what the Lord will use to carry it out.

Be assured, Jesus WILL Return in His glory to reign for 1000 years. This period is the seventh [Sabbath] of the 7000 year allotted to mankind. His righteous people, living in the holy Land, will say: 'Blessed is He who comes in the Name of the Lord'.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
keras said:
Hi Keras,
You have made your points, but said nothing about mine.

If you would kindly take the scriptures in my topic and show me where I have erred. Then I will be able to respond to you and your comments.

Thanks

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I felt that I had replied to most of your OP.
You mention that the Word has become distorted. I refute that, the Bible is God's only Word to mankind, He is not trying to fool us - it is the truth of how we should live and prophecy informs us about our future.
However, I see you are an adherent of the King James version. The book dedicated to the 'High and Mighty King James' and issued in 1611. The translators of that day did the best they could with their limited knowledge and resources. The Textus Receptus they used has now been superseded by hundreds of manuscripts, incl the Dead sea scrolls, also the archaic language of that time means we must relearn the meanings of many words.
Therefore to discuss Bible issues with you is difficult, as I use the Revised English Bible, [1988 Oxford Press] and you cling to the many mis-translations and doctrinal insertions of the KJV.
Also your preterist beliefs are totally opposed to my futurist understanding of Bible prophecy.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
keras said:
I felt that I had replied to most of your OP.
You mention that the Word has become distorted. I refute that, the Bible is God's only Word to mankind, He is not trying to fool us - it is the truth of how we should live and prophecy informs us about our future.
However, I see you are an adherent of the King James version. The book dedicated to the 'High and Mighty King James' and issued in 1611. The translators of that day did the best they could with their limited knowledge and resources. The Textus Receptus they used has now been superseded by hundreds of manuscripts, incl the Dead sea scrolls, also the archaic language of that time means we must relearn the meanings of many words.
Therefore to discuss Bible issues with you is difficult, as I use the Revised English Bible, [1988 Oxford Press] and you cling to the many mis-translations and doctrinal insertions of the KJV.
Also your preterist beliefs are totally opposed to my futurist understanding of Bible prophecy.
KJV makes sense and if it makes sense it is true.

Jesus came unto his own and his own received him not.

Why did they not receive him? It wasn’t because they hadn’t been taught God’s word from their youth. It was because that over time they lost their understanding because of false teachers. Even Paul persecuted the Church because he accepted the false teaching of his time. It took a visit from Jesus to change his understanding. After he became the Apostle of the Gentiles, he spoke of a desire that a remnant of the Jews might be saved.

Here we are as Christians who think that just because the majority of the Jews were wrong, it could never happen to Christians. Even if they aren’t wrong, don’t take their word for it. They can and they are wrong about prophecy. While growing up in the 40’s and 50’s prophecy teachers knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Jesus would return in that generation. They just knew that because the land of Israel was again given to the Jews and that within 40 years from 1948 Jesus would return. Even a book was written “88 reasons why Jesus will return in 1988”. They were proven to be false prophets but books are still being written, mostly without dates so that they can will never again be proven wrong.

As posted in this topic, the apostles said:

1Jn 4:5 They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.
They are of the world (flesh).
1Jn 4:6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
We are of God (spiritual).

If we are of God then we will understand what the apostles write.

God is a Spirit and his kingdom is spiritual and he is King today in a world that will never end.

Eph 3:21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I can understand how some are turned off prophecy. So many wrong teachings and false prophets have come and gone. But Daniel 12:9 says the Prophetic Words are to be kept secret until the time of the end. Obviously, as we see now in 2014, it wasn't the time of the end for all those who tried to figure it out. But Bible prophecy is given to us for a reason and we who love the Lord should not be 'in the dark' 1 Thess 5:1-11 I have written books on Bible prophecy and I have dates from time periods as given to us.
Jesus said: As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be when the Son of Man comes. Is that our condition today?
As for the KJV, I have read it and the sad fact is; a lot of it doesn't make sense to the young people of today.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
keras said:
I can understand how some are turned off prophecy. So many wrong teachings and false prophets have come and gone. But Daniel 12:9 says the Prophetic Words are to be kept secret until the time of the end. Obviously, as we see now in 2014, it wasn't the time of the end for all those who tried to figure it out. But Bible prophecy is given to us for a reason and we who love the Lord should not be 'in the dark' 1 Thess 5:1-11 I have written books on Bible prophecy and I have dates from time periods as given to us.
Jesus said: As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be when the Son of Man comes. Is that our condition today?
As for the KJV, I have read it and the sad fact is; a lot of it doesn't make sense to the young people of today.
I know you don't intend to say what you are saying about God's word. Jesus said he would return when the temple was destroyed. (He can not lie.)
He also said that he had come to fulfill all that had been written about him. (He can not lie)

Since God can not lie, if one believes he has not done what he said, then one is implying that Jesus told an untruth. Most do not believe what I have said because people have twisted God's word to say "The Jews rejected him, therefore he has delayed sitting up his earthly kingdom and will return again, later". (Absolutely false without scripture to back it)

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I know you don't intend to say what you are saying about God's word. Jesus said he would return when the temple was destroyed. (He can not lie.)
He also said that he had come to fulfill all that had been written about him. (He can not lie)

Since God can not lie, if one believes he has not done what he said, then one is implying that Jesus told an untruth. Most do not believe what I have said because people have twisted God's word to say "The Jews rejected him, therefore he has delayed sitting up his earthly kingdom and will return again, later". (Absolutely false without scripture to back it)
Good to keep this thread going, thanks.
Re God's Word; Do you believe that the KJV is the one and only inerrant Word? If so, you have been sadly misled, like many other Christians. The truth is, unless you spend a lifetime learning ancient Hebrew and Greek, then you are reliant on translators. Sadly they are all human and render verses according to how they think they should read. Mostly they are right, but bias and doctrinal beliefs creep in, so we must all use discernment and prayer in our understanding. The KJV is well proven to have doctrines and Church ideas inserted, as well as King James himself making sure his temporal power was secure. The archaic language used may sound beautiful to some, but the reality is, it confuses and obscures the scriptures to us, 400 years later.
Re Jesus Returning when the Temple was destroyed; He does not lie - He WILL come. For now, He sent the holy Spirit.
He did fulfil at that was written about His coming as a suffering servant. We await His Return, as He promised - Acts 1:11, for His Millennial reign.
Yes, the Jews rejected Him and they were judged in 70 and 135 CE. They are now back in part of the holy Land - the 'budding of the fig tree'. Ezekiel 12:25 says the Lord will act 'within your lifetime', [in the last days - verse 27]that is; within 70 years of their return to the Land. So expect the end time events to start before 2018.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
keras said:
Good to keep this thread going, thanks.
Re God's Word; Do you believe that the KJV is the one and only inerrant Word? If so, you have been sadly misled, like many other Christians. The truth is, unless you spend a lifetime learning ancient Hebrew and Greek, then you are reliant on translators. Sadly they are all human and render verses according to how they think they should read. Mostly they are right, but bias and doctrinal beliefs creep in, so we must all use discernment and prayer in our understanding. The KJV is well proven to have doctrines and Church ideas inserted, as well as King James himself making sure his temporal power was secure. The archaic language used may sound beautiful to some, but the reality is, it confuses and obscures the scriptures to us, 400 years later.
Re Jesus Returning when the Temple was destroyed; He does not lie - He WILL come. For now, He sent the holy Spirit.
He did fulfil at that was written about His coming as a suffering servant. We await His Return, as He promised - Acts 1:11, for His Millennial reign.
Yes, the Jews rejected Him and they were judged in 70 and 135 CE. They are now back in part of the holy Land - the 'budding of the fig tree'. Ezekiel 12:25 says the Lord will act 'within your lifetime', [in the last days - verse 27]that is; within 70 years of their return to the Land. So expect the end time events to start before 2018.

I have used KJV ever since God saved me. It is what it is called, ‘The Word of God’. It only seems confusing to those who do not read it for what it says. For example:

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
Jesus is saying ‘all things must be fulfilled which were written concerning him in the old testament’.

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
Here Daniel is saying that an army shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.

Dan 12:11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
Dan 12:12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.
Dan 12:13 But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.
Now Daniel is being told that he will ‘rest’ or as it is sometime said ‘sleep’ and then he will stand in thy lot (with those of his kind) at the end of the days (resurrection, judgment day, end of time, last day, etc)
All of the above is about Jesus and was to be fulfilled when the age of law ended.

Mar 13:14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
Luk_21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. (‘nigh’ is a word like ‘at hand’, shortly or quickly that man always seem to change to mean ‘many centuries later’)
By using hermeneutics, we know that Jesus is telling his disciples(not some future generation) that they would see these things come to pass in their generation.

We know from history it happened in their generation, for the temple and Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 AD.

We only fool ourselves if we think the endtime refers to us. The old testament was all about the covenant with the Jews.

The new testament speaks of the new covenant, and that covenant is without end.

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So when disaster and all the end time events as prophesied happens, as is most likely very soon, who will it be that has been fooled?

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
keras said:
I can understand how some are turned off prophecy. So many wrong teachings and false prophets have come and gone. But Daniel 12:9 says the Prophetic Words are to be kept secret until the time of the end. Obviously, as we see now in 2014, it wasn't the time of the end for all those who tried to figure it out. ...

Hi keras,

I would observe that Daniel's prophecies start at WWI and cover the span until the end of the world's empires, -- at the return of Jesus. But mainstream christianity is not only oblivious to these prophecies, they willfully and woefully accept cheap counterfeits in their place.

There are correct fulfillments, and they are intended to be for the benefit of the church. But who can receive them?

With Best Regards,
DD

keras

Mar 18, 2014
New Zealand
www.logostelos.info
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Dadad, I don't see WW1, WW2, etc, in Daniels prophesies. They are just a part of the 'birth pangs' we can expect before the end of this age.
But yes, you are so right, so many people have bought into false theories of what will happen, they scoff at real solid Bible teaching.

R.W. I do agree that Luke 21:29 happened in 70 AD and was fulfilled, but from verse 25 Jesus goes on to prophesy of events that have NOT yet occurred.

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
keras said:
Dadad, I don't see WW1, WW2, etc, in Daniels prophesies.
Hi keras,

That's why people are "turned off" with Bible prophecy. The commentators lie about Scripture AND History*, and the Truth never sees the light of day. So the church remains in darkness. Wouldn't you like to find the light switch?

* Most "translations" provide Daniel 9 as "seven and sixty-two". Newton observed that this does "violence" to Scripture:

[SIZE=12pt]OBSERVATIONS ON DANIEL AND THE APOCALYPSE OF ST. JOHN[/SIZE]
by Isaac Newton
[SIZE=11pt]We avoid also the doing violence to the language of Daniel, by taking the seven weeks and sixty two weeks for one number. Had that been Daniel’s meaning, he would have said sixty and nine weeks, and not seven weeks and sixty two weeks, a way of numbering used by no nation.[/SIZE]

Furthermore, Montgomery and Young find no historical fulfillment for Daniel 9.

But neither of these "discrepancies" seem to bother the commentators which apparently feel compelled to have an answer for things which up to the modern times had no answer.

With Best Regards,
DD

ENOCH2010

Aug 15, 2012
Dadad the prophecy of Daniel's 69 weeks is about the first coming of Messiah, are you saying that prophecy was wrong or the Messiah didn't arrive on time.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, DaDad.

DaDad said:
Hi keras,

That's why people are "turned off" with Bible prophecy. The commentators lie about Scripture AND History*, and the Truth never sees the light of day. So the church remains in darkness. Wouldn't you like to find the light switch?

* Most "translations" provide Daniel 9 as "seven and sixty-two". Newton observed that this does "violence" to Scripture:

[SIZE=12pt]OBSERVATIONS ON DANIEL AND THE APOCALYPSE OF ST. JOHN[/SIZE]
by Isaac Newton
[SIZE=11pt]We avoid also the doing violence to the language of Daniel, by taking the seven weeks and sixty two weeks for one number. Had that been Daniel’s meaning, he would have said sixty and nine weeks, and not seven weeks and sixty two weeks, a way of numbering used by no nation.[/SIZE]

Furthermore, Montgomery and Young find no historical fulfillment for Daniel 9.

But neither of these "discrepancies" seem to bother the commentators which apparently feel compelled to have an answer for things which up to the modern times had no answer.

With Best Regards,
DD
Actually, interpretations of Daniel that suppose to see WW1 and WW2 in its prophecies SHOULDN'T see the light of day because they are NOT truth, and I find it ironic that we are supposed to listen to Newton, Montgomery, and Young in a subject entitled "Let God be true and every man a liar!"

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
Hi Retrobyter,

Retrobyter said:
... WW1 and WW2 in its prophecies SHOULDN'T see the light of day because they are NOT truth,

This from a guy who can't find:

Daniel 2:45
the iron, the bronze, the clay, the silver and the gold = 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE

... when it's written in plain language.

Caveat emptor.

ENOCH2010 said:
Dadad the prophecy of Daniel's 69 weeks is about the first coming of Messiah, are you saying that prophecy was wrong or the Messiah didn't arrive on time.
Hi ENOCH2010,

Before you believe what you have been told, please be aware of the following difficulties with this Chapter

[SIZE=12pt]1. Daniel 9:2 specifies "years".

2. Daniel 9:2 does not use the simple shama to perceive the prophecy of Jeremiah as though reading that book, but rather the Soloman biyn to perceive the prophecy in the BOOKS.

3. The Daniel 9:25 "going forth of the word" does NOT have the inference of any edict from man, but rather and edict directly from GOD. (Per Young.)

4. The Daniel 9:25 seven is one duration with an anointed one "coming" after that duration. (See the RSV, which has it correct.)

5. The Daniel 9:25-26 sixty-two weeks is a second duration with a second anointed one who is cut off after that duration. (See #4.)

6. The "weeks"/"week" are the inconcise
Masculine gender text, which are specifically NOT 490 years. (Per Young, Keit, & Kliefoth.)

7. The second anointed one who is cut off is not killed upon the sixty-two, but simply AFTER.

8. The destroyer does not come at the beginning, middle, or upon the end of the seventieth shabuwa, but "shall come" after the seventieth shabuwa.

9. The seven, the sixty-two, the seventieth, and after the seventieth are chronologically connected, with NO ~2,000 year gaps.

10. This prophecy is shut up and sealed until the time of the end, which is approximate to 1948. [/SIZE](Per Dan. 12:4 & 9.)

... and this barely scratches the surface of the difficulties. I'll tell you what, -- how about if we go through these issues, and see if what I explain is backed by Scripture and History. Or you could stick your head in the sand like most religious people and repeat over and over, "I know what I was taught". Your call. :)

With Best Regards,
DD

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
ENOCH2010 said:
I'm here to learn, teach.
Hi ENOCH2010,

John Walvoord, of Dallas Theological Seminary, wrote a book titled "Daniel, The Key To Prophetic Revelation", in 1971. This book is unusual in it construction, because the author did not simply outline his conclusions, but he instead cited the best scholars in his research. Unfortunately, he frequently diverged from their observations and presented what I believe to be a flawed conclusion. But the point is, Walvoord's experts bring many aspects to the scrutiny of the greater audience.

And so between Walvoord's scholars, and my own research, I would propose that the Truth of Scripture has been veiled as previously outlined, -- as incomplete as the outline is. Thus we might start with #1 as follows:

[SIZE=12pt]1. Daniel 9:2 specifies "years".[/SIZE]

There is considerable discussion as to the duration of the "seventy-weeks". As noted the duration is a "year", but as inferenced in #6, the duration is NOT a week, but it's also a week. So the question is, how does one reconcile three apparent increments of "year", "not a week"/shibiym (inconcise Masculine text), and "week"/shabuwa (concise Feminine text)?

I would propose, in agreement with Mauro, that the first sixty-nine are "years" (per the inconcise Masculine text which covers both the "seven", the "sixty-two" and the encompassing "seventy"), and diverge from Mauro's uncertainty on the seventieth in that the seventieth is the concise Feminine text "week". Thus according to the literal Scriptural text we end up with a total duration of sixty-nine years plus a week of years, for a total of: 69 + 7 = 76 years.

Now the question is, can we validate the 76 years according to both Scripture and History:

[SIZE=12pt]2. Daniel 9:2 does not use the simple shama to perceive the prophecy of Jeremiah as though reading that book, but rather the Soloman biyn to perceive the prophecy in the BOOKS.[/SIZE]

With Best Regards,
DD

DaDad

Sep 28, 2012
ENOCH2010 said:
When does the 76 years start the count?
Hi Enoch2010,

As proposed, this answer is found in the investigation of #2 as promised:

[SIZE=12pt]2. Daniel 9:2 does not use the simple shama to perceive the prophecy of Jeremiah as though reading that book, but rather the Soloman biyn to perceive the prophecy in the BOOKS.[/SIZE]

In 1 Kings 3, GOD asks Solomon what HE should give him, for which Solomon asks for the simple understanding (shama) of the people's needs, -- kind of like reading the Editorial page of a newspaper. GOD responds by giving him ~what he asked for~, but HE DIDN'T! Instead of a simple understanding as requested, GOD gave him a SUPERIOR understanding (biyn), such that no man before him and no man after him shall have such understanding.

And so in Daniel 9:2, we find that same Solomon Wisdom biyn, which suggests that Daniel did not simply read the 25th Chapter of Jeremiah, but instead used a SUPERIOR wisdom to "perceive in the BOOKS" the seventy years.

So now one can turn to J.R. Church, who authored the book, "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms", wherein he presented the premise that the Book of Psalms is the 19th Book of the Bible, and is prophetic to the Jews for the 1900s, -- with the Chapter for year. Thus if one read this 19th Book, Chapter 44 = 1944, one should find the holocaust (see verses 11 & 22). Likewise, in Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948, one should find the international recognition of the Nation of Israel. Etc.

So now we're at item #3, which brings the Book of Psalms to a specific Chapter/year:

[SIZE=12pt]3. The Daniel 9:25 "going forth of the word" does NOT have the inference of any edict from man, but rather and edict directly from GOD. (Per Young.)[/SIZE]

Per the above, did you find the Chapter in which the "going forth of the word" is presented? (This is not "grade school" where everything is provided. It's "college" where you are responsible to research the answers.)

With Best Regards,
DD