Let's discuss..cessation after death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks I fogot to mention.. the witch tricked deluded Saul, by mentioning the mantle "Samuel" was wearing.
A spirit wearing a mantle. ;)
His goose got cooked.
Regardless of how you arrange these, you are still declaring that a simple narrative passage in an historical book of the Bible is factually wrong, and I don't agree with you.

Much love!

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
The heavenly Jerusalem, the Bride, is it a real city? Aren't we looking for the heavenly city? Isn't the heavenly city our mother?

There are spiritual realities embued with meaning that remain spiritual realities. Yes there is an heavenly city, and yes that city is our mother, and His bride, and there is still an heavenly city.

Hopefully that will help express how I think of this.

"I saw a great sign in the heavens, a red dragon . . .", I'm not thinking here of a reptilian denizon of the earth, rather, "that ancient serpent . . . Satan", this is specifically who we're talking about there.

The sword of the Spirit is the Word of God. Not that the Word of God is a hammered metal sword, that's a fleshy sword, this is a spirit-sword and I don't know what that looks like but it works the same, when used correctly, it's a powerful weapon.

Much love!
A spiritual reality, is not understood to be a physical reality.
We understand physical realities, like swords, prostitutes, mountains, fire... etc.
These are used to represent spiritual realities.
We understand someone being bound by a chain. That doesn't mean the spiritual reality is that Satan is bound with a chain... etc.

Anyway, thank you for what little "conversation" we were able to have.
I hope you don't mind my being honest with you, but I think you are finding a way to maintain your beliefs.
That's how I see it.

I still have love for you, and I still see you as a potential brother.
See you around. :)

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What Bible version are you using marks?
Right now my quotes seem to be Jay P. Green Literal Translation LITV, normally I'd be quoting from KJV, which is mostly what I read. This is from E-Sword.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Don't these tell us that?

Ephesians 2:4-7 LITV
4) But God, being rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us,
5) even we being dead in deviations, He made us alive together with Christ (by grace you are being saved),
6) and raised us up together and seated us together in the heavenlies in Christ Jesus,
7) that He might demonstrate in the ages coming on, the exceeding great riches of His grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Colossians 3:1-4 LITV
1) If, then, you were raised with Christ, seek the things above, where Christ is sitting at the right of God;
2) mind the things above, not the things on the earth.
3) For you died, and your life has been hidden with Christ in God.
4) Whenever Christ our life is revealed, then also you will be revealed with Him in glory.

Much love!
Having a living spirit? No. They tell us that they were made alive (spiritually) and in that same sense are heir to the kingdom.

You quoted Colossians 3:1 - raised up with Christ as Ephesians 2:5 says - made alive. "go on seeking the things above".

They needed to keep seeking the things kindly given them.
Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will

They are destined for that hope, provided they go on seeking the things above... and only then.
Colossians 1:5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;
2 Timothy 2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
This wasn't meant in any mean or snide or underhanded way, I'm simply curious what frame of reference you are speaking from is all.

Much love!
I understand. I just want you to be aware of how the golden rule works.
So, you ask a question. You expect an answer. The same should go for the other person. Not so?
Just as you would like an answer to your question, do unto others what you like for yourself.
Isn't that a very good rule marks?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Having a living spirit? No. They tell us that they were made alive (spiritually) and in that same sense are heir to the kingdom.

You quoted Colossians 3:1 - raised up with Christ as Ephesians 2:5 says - made alive. "go on seeking the things above".

Colossians 3:1-4 LITV
1) If, then, you were raised with Christ, seek the things above, where Christ is sitting at the right of God; Psa. 110:1
2) mind the things above, not the things on the earth.
3) For you died, and your life has been hidden with Christ in God.
4) Whenever Christ our life is revealed, then also you will be revealed with Him in glory.

If you were raised with Him, you have died with Him, and you will be revealed in glory with Him.

Much love!

Reactions: BarneyFife

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand. I just want you to be aware of how the golden rule works.
So, you ask a question. You expect an answer. The same should go for the other person. Not so?
Just as you would like an answer to your question, do unto others what you like for yourself.
Isn't that a very good rule marks?
I'm looking for good and friendly discussion, and I appreciate this is what you provide for me, thank you!!

Things run all over the map sometimes, and in fact I comb back through threads looking for things I've not addressed and that I feel I should, but sometimes it takes time, and sometimes things are forgotten or overlooked. Feel free to repost or otherwise direct my attention.

Sometimes also I endeavor to address certain points together, and that may not communicate well, perhaps.

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife