Let's discuss..cessation after death?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe try this... It's clear that there are many "Christians", but few Christians.
That statement is true. Similarly, this statement is true... "Samuel" said to Saul...
The sloppiness of a man's language and in particular who is trying to impugn the Word of God does not actually impugn the Word of God, it only shows me what lengths you will go to.

So no, there is no reason to continue.

Much love!

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
The sloppiness of a man's language and in particular who is trying to impugn the Word of God does not actually impugn the Word of God, it only shows me what lengths you will go to.

So no, there is no reason to continue.

Much love!
That's fine. I'm glad you ended it with those words, and not me. :)

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks,

Concerning the last few posts, I side with The Disciple John. Not because he knows the word, rather it's the opposite.

You, on the other hand, seem to know the word; I said "seem" because you have been impatient/reluctant to teach the word to those that inquire of you to know the word but had NOT utilized 1 Peter 3:15-18 which reads:
15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16) Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation [behavior] in Christ.
17) For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

18) For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.

To God Be The Glory

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
@marks,

Concerning the last few posts, I side with The Disciple John. Not because he knows the word, rather it's the opposite.

You, on the other hand, seem to know the word; I said "seem" because you have been impatient/reluctant to teach the word to those that inquire of you to know the word but had NOT utilized 1 Peter 3:15-18 which reads:
15) But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
16) Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation [behavior] in Christ.
17) For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing.

18) For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit.

To God Be The Glory
Well, thank you for that JunChosen. Not the bit about not knowing the word... but that's okay, we all have our opinions. ;)
However, I agree that one who constantly dodges direct questions and avoids answering, is obviously not applying 1 Peter 3:15-18, but I will add, is more resembling the guys at Mark 11:27-33

Let me ask though, why do you think I don't know the word?
You can be honest with me. It's cool. I won't be offended. :)

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, thank you for that JunChosen. Not the bit about not knowing the word... but that's okay, we all have our opinions. ;)
However, I agree that one who constantly dodges direct questions and avoids answering, is obviously not applying 1 Peter 3:15-18, but I will add, is more resembling the guys at Mark 11:27-33

Let me ask though, why do you think I don't know the word?
You can be honest with me. It's cool. I won't be offended. :)

Well, if I may take the role of Jesus [which I could never be, of course] and ask a question, "What denomination you belong to?" I will give my response after you reply.

To God Be The Glory

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Well, if I may take the role of Jesus [which I could never be, of course] and ask a question, "What denomination you belong to?" I will give my response after you reply.

To God Be The Glory
You don't know what my faith is?
I thought you would know that from this post. Give it another look.
I just want to see how you read that.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't know what my faith is?
I thought you would know that from this post. Give it another look.
I just want to see how you read that.

Many people say they are Christians but don't really know what it truly means, that's the reason I asked of you directly.

Besides, what you've said in post #724 is what you're actually telling me. FYI, I see three things in post #728 and they may not even relate to you at all.

To God Be The Glory

The Disciple John

Mar 11, 2022
Dennery
Faith
Christian
Country
Saint Lucia
Many people say they are Christians but don't really know what it truly means, that's the reason I asked of you directly.
What you say here, I totally agree with.
This is a subject I am always hoping to be able to discuss. Would you be open to discussing it with me in another thread?

Besides, what you've said in post #724 is what you're actually telling me. FYI, I see three things in post #728 and they may not even relate to you at all.

To God Be The Glory
Okay. I guess it's best not to assume.
I am one of 8.5 million of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I hope you would be willing to explain how that relates to many people saying they are Christians but don't really know what it truly means.

I think this is an appropriate thread to have that discussion... if you are opened to it.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Outer darkness, whatever you think that means, is a place of weeping and gnashing of teeth according to scripture.
See link:
KJV Search Results for "weeping" AND "and" AND "gnashing" (blueletterbible.org)

David, before their resurrection to be cast into the lake of fire, the unbelievers when they die are in "outer darkness." Whereas, the believers spirit goes back to the Father until the time of their resurrection.

But when they are cast into the lake of fire and destroyed, only the smoke of their torment rises forever, not them. They never had access to the Tree of Life to exist forever.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if there is no eternal torment, then there is no eternal life.

By what some are saying, Abraham has not yet received eternal life.

Why then would God translate Enoch.

Why did Michael fight with the devil over Moses' body?

Who was SEEN on the mount of transfiguration?

What of the 2 Prophets in Rev.
that come down from heaven and are preaching, then killed. That would be a second death to them, correct?

If not to exist is the punishment of God to those who reject him what's the point in living for him?

If part of his word is truth and part false, then why serve at all?

Reactions: Johann

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What? Don't you know we will all have access to the Tree of Life in heaven? God took the Garden to heaven.

Abraham and all the OT saints rose when Jesus did, and Jesus took them all the heaven with him when He ascended.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David, before their resurrection to be cast into the lake of fire, the unbelievers when they die are in "outer darkness." Whereas, the believers spirit goes back to the Father until the time of their resurrection.

But when they are cast into the lake of fire and destroyed, only the smoke of their torment rises forever, not them. They never had access to the Tree of Life to exist forever.
I Would have to disagree with you here. I Believe rejecting an eternal gift has an eternal consequence. Not to mention Jesus said of Hell being an unquenchable fire, and everlasting fire.

Reactions: Keturah and Johann

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

By what some are saying, Abraham has not yet received eternal life.

Why then would God translate Enoch.

Why did Michael fight with the devil over Moses' body?

Who was SEEN on the mount of transfiguration?

What of the 2 Prophets in Rev.
that come down from heaven and are preaching, then killed. That would be a second death to them, correct?

If not to exist is the punishment of God to those who reject him what's the point in living for him?

If part of his word is truth and part false, then why serve at all?
Problematic, isn't it?
J.

Reactions: Keturah

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Would have to disagree with you here. I Believe rejecting an eternal gift has an eternal consequence. Not to mention Jesus said of Hell being an unquenchable fire, and everlasting fire.
Of course it is. But hell was NOT created for people, but for Satan and His angels who all had had access to the Tree of Life. What unsaved person that you think should suffer forever had access to the Tree of Life?