Lets discuss the gifts one at a time.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
I have a lot of the same questions about this manifestation as well,Kriss.But in light of the word and how it was manifested in the old Testament and how Jesus manifested it during his ministry. It is listed in the list in Corinthians and others. It is the Holy Spirit manifesting through man. God is the healer...He is also the one that saves, but he uses man to introduce the word to people. It is also important that we see the difference between praying for someone and manifesting the Holy Spirit through healing-by revelation. Prayer is very important and in James the Elders are to pray over the sick. But when the Holy Spirit manifest himself through us this is not praying it is commanding like Jesus did in Matt. 8:2-3. Jesus did not pray for God to heal-he already had the power to heal..."the Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me...to proclaim freedom for the prisoners...recovery of sight for the blind,to release the oppressed"(Luke 4:18). It was the spirit of God upon Jesus that gave him power. Acts 1:8 says that each has power to witness unto Jesus.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
As we look at the disciples...they learned from Jesus. Acts 3:6 tells of when Peter healed the lame man..."what I have I give you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk." Peter had the power-and he freely gave it...not by his will but by the spirit. Even Jesus was limited to what the father told him to do. He did not come to do his will but his fathers...we are to do his will too. Just because I want to go to the hospital to heal(if I had this manifestation) If my heavenly father does not reveal this..it can not be done!This lame man in Acts 3 was lame from his mothers womb. Jesus had the opportunity to heal...but did God give him the go ahead to heal this person. It said he was laid daily at the gate of the temple.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Peter did not pray before he healed the lame man, but in Acts 9:40 he did pray for guidance....then turned to the body and commanded.."Tabitha, get up".Paul had not been with Jesus, but he understood the power that he had because of the holy spirit within him. He commanded Elymas the scorcerer .."you are going to be blind.." (Acts13:11)Again in Acts 14:10 Paul healed by commandment'..stand up on your feet.."I admit there are false healers out there, also satan has his influence and power. But we still have in his word the power available to us through the Holy Spirit. Satan would love for us to give up our faith in the Bible. We need to get bold in the face of Satan, build up our faith in God's Word and do what He said we could. I am in the process of learning these things and admit again I have a lot to learn. But I am tired of Satan keeping me in the dark of what God has given us light. We need to open our spiritual eyes and see!

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;49881)
And my problem with this is the Word says that anyone with this gift should be able to drink poison and it would not affect them it also says they are instanly healed in veiw of everyone of obvious disease's like leporasy Why is it that people who claim this its only unseen things a broken leg ??????? come on it would heal anyway God doesnt waste time with a broken leg if Alan or anyone can really heal let them drink poison and go to the childrens or veteratains hospital. Not arguing with you setfreeIts just what scripture says a healer should be able to do.
So how do you explain the verse about the poison? How do you explain away what God's word says? Are you saying the Spirit does not manifest Himself the same way He has through the scriptures...Old and New Testamnet?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Im saying that there are proofs in scripture that one must meet to claim they have these gifts.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;49896)
Im saying that there are proofs in scripture that one must meet to claim they have these gifts.
So you believe the Holy Spirit still manifest himself through people today in these ways...but there are a lot of fakes.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
Since you did not reply to my post on what you thought Mark 16 was referring to...I'll explain how I understand it.Signs of power should accompany believers and be preserved from that of the enemy. I am not saying we will not have bad things happen to us..just that we will have the power to overcome these things.1. We will have dominion over evil spirits.2. Grace went beyond Israel..to the uttermost parts of the world.3. We will speak new tongues. (ONes we did not learn)The snakes and the poison to me represent Satan and his venom. To drink could also mean to take into the soul(mind). So what Satan puts in our mind will have no affect on us. We will have the power to overcome and therefore be able to overthrow the powersof Satan in our lives...With that said we can proclaim grace to all men.Lord comfirms his word by power. There is a scripture, but I am fixing to walk out the door.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
That is the promise to everyone who believes God gives us all power over Satan it has nothing to do with a few given this.And what is the reason for the gifts given in that day he tells you right off 15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. 17And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; (thats forgien languages to follow the command preach gospel around the world 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. 19So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God. 20And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

thisistheendtimes

Mar 3, 2008
As with any gift, you have to BELIEVE the healing will work or it won't. I don't believe healing can work if we go around healing for OUR glory (making the puffed up claim and feeling that "I" wield the power of God). All healing ministers ON T.V. are phony, they have 'PLANTS' in the audience, you cannot USE the power of God for money. Healing depends on the recipient's/patient's faith being strong, not the fortitude of the healer. The Lord says if we have faith as a "mustard SEED" (small, but will produce much fruit), we can move mountains (the PROVERBIAL mountain, I never saw a a mountain move or a fig tree wither on command).We've come to think of God in a very 'religious'/partisan (Phillipians 1:17) manner, but God is a cosmic reality, that is why, very often, a person's faith can be fragile and falter (and why the 'power of suggestion' can be so useful in healing, doctors and pharmaceutical companies have always used the power of suggestion to convince us that we can't survive without them), but human beings were made IN THE IMAGE OF GOD, we are MUCH more capable of self-healing than we realize. A true healer is only necessary when the patient doesn't have enough faith in their own self-healing abilities or doesn't know how to help the healing process along (in special cases,...bones, etc.) with minerals, vitamins, and the natural foods that God gave us for that purpose. I personally don't practice the gift of speaking in tongues or feel that it would be particularly useful in my walk (or anyone's GENUINE walk, it is more open to abuse and ego/drama today). I developed epilepsy when I was 6 and the doctor prescribed dilantin and phenobarbitol 3 times a day for the rest of my life, but by the time I was 15, I felt 'enough is enough' and stopped taking the pills. I stopped believing that I was supposed to have seizures and my body adjusted to be epilepsy free. The doctor didn't believe that I didn't have epilepsy anymore. If I went to the doctor today (39 years later), they would look in the medical records and tell me I have epilepsy.I used to have an inguinal (groin) hernia, but when I got laid off, I decided to stay home and give my hernia a rest so it could heal (and stopped eating alot of solid food that would put pressure on the intestine, BULK). An inguinal hernia is the intestine poking through the torn abdominal wall (relieve the pressure and rest,...it will heal...common sense self-healing is built-in by God and enabled by faith in His provision).So, how we think of GIFTS depends on how we live with God. Some choose to believe that a person can only have a certain gift, I think they are all inherant in the spirit and available according to my choice (I do not choose the gift of tongues, I feel it would be an unecessary risk to my humility, above all, humility must be preserved, humility is a personal prize).Accidentally drinking a hazardous substance (while having COMPLETE FAITH that we will not DIE, only get sick and RECOVER) will simply make us ill and we will "RECOVER" after a while if we eat the healing foods that The Lord provided. We have to have faith that The Lord did not ABANDON us (leave us helpless) and that He equipped us with miraculous abilities and foods (our healing does not necessarily DEPEND on those foods, but when available (and in extreme circumstances), we should put them to use.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;49881)
And my problem with this is the Word says that anyone with this gift should be able to drink poison and it would not affect them it also says they are instanly healed in veiw of everyone of obvious disease's like leporasy Why is it that people who claim this its only unseen things a broken leg ??????? come on it would heal anyway God doesnt waste time with a broken leg if Alan or anyone can really heal let them drink poison and go to the childrens or veteratains hospital. Not arguing with you setfreeIts just what scripture says a healer should be able to do.
Kriss, you are the one that brought up the poison. You said that anyone that had this manifestation(healing)should be able to drink poison and it not affect them. You combined the healing gift with poison...not me. I agree Mark 16 is power given to all believers. I was discussing the manifestation of the Holy Spirit in 1 Cor. YOU COMBINED THE TWO.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I dont understand what you are talking about setfree these are the same gifts yes 1Cor. goes into much more detail but there are not two gifts of healing.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;49934)
I dont understand what you are talking about setfree these are the same gifts yes 1Cor. goes into much more detail but there are not two gifts of healing.
You said the laying on of hands in Mark was for everybody, right?Is the gifts of healing in Cor. for everybody?How can they be the same?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I said power over Satan was for everybodyLuk 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
If you are asking whether or not I think everyone has the same gift No I dont I just think those who claim to have particular gifts have a biblical standard to adhere to.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(thisistheendtimes;49920)
As with any gift, you have to BELIEVE the healing will work or it won't. I don't believe healing can work if we go around healing for OUR glory (making the puffed up claim and feeling that "I" wield the power of God). All healing ministers ON T.V. are phony, they have 'PLANTS' in the audience, you cannot USE the power of God for money. Healing depends on the recipient's/patient's faith being strong, not the fortitude of the healer. The Lord says if we have faith as a "mustard SEED" (small, but will produce much fruit), we can move mountains (the PROVERBIAL mountain, I never saw a a mountain move or a fig tree wither on command).We've come to think of God in a very 'religious'/partisan (Phillipians 1:17) manner, but God is a cosmic reality, that is why, very often, a person's faith can be fragile and falter (and why the 'power of suggestion' can be so useful in healing, doctors and pharmaceutical companies have always used the power of suggestion to convince us that we can't survive without them), but human beings were made IN THE IMAGE OF GOD, we are MUCH more capable of self-healing than we realize. A true healer is only necessary when the patient doesn't have enough faith in their own self-healing abilities or doesn't know how to help the healing process along (in special cases,...bones, etc.) with minerals, vitamins, and the natural foods that God gave us for that purpose. I personally don't practice the gift of speaking in tongues or feel that it would be particularly useful in my walk (or anyone's GENUINE walk, it is more open to abuse and ego/drama today). I developed epilepsy when I was 6 and the doctor prescribed dilantin and phenobarbitol 3 times a day for the rest of my life, but by the time I was 15, I felt 'enough is enough' and stopped taking the pills. I stopped believing that I was supposed to have seizures and my body adjusted to be epilepsy free. The doctor didn't believe that I didn't have epilepsy anymore. If I went to the doctor today (39 years later), they would look in the medical records and tell me I have epilepsy.I used to have an inguinal (groin) hernia, but when I got laid off, I decided to stay home and give my hernia a rest so it could heal (and stopped eating alot of solid food that would put pressure on the intestine, BULK). An inguinal hernia is the intestine poking through the torn abdominal wall (relieve the pressure and rest,...it will heal...common sense self-healing is built-in by God and enabled by faith in His provision).So, how we think of GIFTS depends on how we live with God. Some choose to believe that a person can only have a certain gift, I think they are all inherant in the spirit and available according to my choice (I do not choose the gift of tongues, I feel it would be an unecessary risk to my humility, above all, humility must be preserved, humility is a personal prize).Accidentally drinking a hazardous substance (while having COMPLETE FAITH that we will not DIE, only get sick and RECOVER) will simply make us ill and we will "RECOVER" after a while if we eat the healing foods that The Lord provided. We have to have faith that The Lord did not ABANDON us (leave us helpless) and that He equipped us with miraculous abilities and foods (our healing does not necessarily DEPEND on those foods, but when available (and in extreme circumstances), we should put them to use.
I believe all the gifts takes faith in what the word of God says.All things should be done with a humble heart...without love all is meaningless...without faith we can not please God.I will not judge what is seen on T.V., God will be the judge. I do not take what anyone says without it being backed up with the word. whether they are on T.v.or not.The true healer is God, and in scripture it does say that some are healed because of there faith. God healed out of love, those that have this gift should also demonstrate compassion.As far as your opinion on the tongues...I use to have the same opinion...but God has shown me the truth in scriptures and it has been proven in my life and others that it does build up the one speaking...True there is drama in all walks of the christian walk...but this statement does not disprove the real thing. Manifestation of the gift of healing is the Holy Spirit manifesting himself through someone. The gift is the Holy Spirit-through the gift comes the manifestation through people.How we think of the gifts should be in light of God's word.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
A pastor/minister ect. should build up the faith of his flock through the Word of God not through himself.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;49940)
A pastor/minister ect. should build up the faith of his flock through the Word of God not through himself.
So you are saying that there is nothing you can do to build yourself up in the faith...Are you saying this can only be done by a pastor?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
No that isnt what I said You build yourself up by believing repenting studying his Word if a pastor minister is doing his Job his flock should be growing in their faith.

setfree

Oct 14, 2007
(kriss;49940)
The manifestations in 1 Cor. are for more than just pastors.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(setfree;49944)
The manifestations in 1 Cor. are for more than just pastors.
I never said they werent everyone has some kind of gift but if you are going claim specific gifts there is a biblical standard you must adhere to.

Status
Not open for further replies.