Let's have a bit of nostalgia.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1698840528251.png

The man at our corner shop was called Roly. For years he wore his khaki army blouson. He was so very patient when we all took ages to make up our minds.

Reactions: Wynona and Debp

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
1698867299884.png1698867357926.png

In the pavement on our road there was a natural hollow and we played in that. And we all had our little marble bags. I still have a big box of marbles, I just love the colours and the feel of them. My grandkids use to play with them. So many ways to play.

Reactions: Lambano

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 37662View attachment 37663

In the pavement on our road there was a natural hollow and we played in that. And we all had our little marble bags. I still have a big box of marbles, I just love the colours and the feel of them. My grandkids use to play with them. So many ways to play.
We'd play for the big ones, or some of the unique ones.

Reactions: Lambano and Pearl

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post made me wonder if there is a list with pictures of different kinds. Look what I found!
1698925465272.jpeg1698925564371.jpeg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your post made me wonder if there is a list with pictures of different kinds. Look what I found!
View attachment 37683View attachment 37684
Wow! Who knew? Most of mine are the ordinary glass ones with a coloured swirl inside - could those be 'cats eye' = but I do have some special ones including some I bought. I might sort them out and compare them to these.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! Who knew? Most of mine are the ordinary glass ones with a coloured swirl inside - could those be 'cats eye' = but I do have some special ones including some I bought. I might sort them out and compare them to these.
We had a marble craze when I was in elementary school. Lessee, that would've been late 60s, early 70s. All the kids (including me) would bring their marbles to school and play "for keepsies" at recess until the school administration had to ban them.

I wonder what happened to all my marbles?

Reactions: Wynona and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We had a marble craze when I was in elementary school. Lessee, that would've been late 60s, early 70s. All the kids (including me) would bring their marbles to school and play "for keepsies" at recess until the school administration had to ban them.

I wonder what happened to all my marbles?
I wonder if some of them might have got into my marble box somehow.:)

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
View attachment 37885

I hated to see poultry and rabbits hung outside shops like this.

At the time of this photograph, refrigeration was probably not a common appliance and as such the rabbits and poultry were butchered each day for the public to buy at the store. This is still a common sight in many third world countries. Another interesting aspect shown in this image is that the "local" store was a common meeting place for the people living near the store.

Reactions: Debp and amadeus