Let's study Romans-with Dr. Utley

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
@Johann
My brother, I am watching this thread you've started but decline to post @ the moment.

Keep strong & hold fast to your faith, for the naysayer & mockers of TRUTH abound!

Be encouraged........always!
Thank you dear sister-as you is my witness-I have a little "problem" here, at the moment.
God bless
Johann

Reactions: amigo de christo

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you dear sister-as you is my witness-I have a little "problem" here, at the moment.
God bless
Johann
@Johann I'll let you be for a while now, but if you ever want to pm me concerning the true Gospel of God, feel free any time.
F2F

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
May I submit you know nothing about me-and you have answered none of my questions-nada.

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Transliteration: ēn
Morphology: V-IIA-3S
Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular
Strong's no.: G1510 (εἰμί)
Meaning: To be, exist.
Transliteration: pros
Morphology: Prep
Preposition
Strong's no.: G4314 (πρός)
Meaning: To, towards, with.

Was (ēn). Three times in this sentence John uses this imperfect of eimi to be which conveys no idea of origin for God or for the Logos, simply continuous existence.

You are either aware of this-or are in denial of this stupendous opening words as it stands written-Perfect Tense

Quite a different verb (egeneto, became) appears in Joh_1:14 for the beginning of the Incarnation of the Logos. See the distinction sharply drawn in Joh_8:58 “before Abraham came (genesthai) I am” (eimi, timeless existence).

What I know from you is that you are not familiar with the grammars-that's for sure.

Bereshis (in the Beginning) was the Dvar Hashem [YESHAYAH 55:11; BERESHIS 1:1], and the Dvar Hashem was agav (along with) Hashem [MISHLE 8:30; 30:4], and the Dvar Hashem was nothing less, by nature, than Elohim! [Psa 56:11(10); Yn 17:5; Rev. 19:13]
Joh 1:2 Bereshis (in the Beginning) this Dvar Hashem was with Hashem [Prov 8:30].

Now, if you will excuse me-Will you answer my questions?
Why are you in denial of the Deity and preexistence of Christ Jesus?

Johann.
Here it is easy to say this in english .
GOD is HIS WORD and HIS WORD is HE . Now lift those hands up and let the LORD be praised .
I love asking this question also .
When thomas the doubter finally saw JESUS alive , ressurected .
And JESUS also had rebuked him for HIS UNBELIEF .
What did thomas say to HIM .
MY LORD and MY GOD . AND JESUS DIDNT REBUKE THOMAS FOR SAYING that .
Now lift those hands , ITS LORD Praising time in the building my friend . The bible says it very clearly . Aint hard to read it .
John in the first chapter of his gospel says it real clear . And if its in the bible , I SAY JUST BELIEVE IT .
Now lift those hands up my friend . ITS LORD praising time again .
Its about one fifty four where you are . Making it twelve fifty four where my dear sisters and brother rest in the UK .
But no matter what time it is , here or there . ITS TIME TO PRAISE THE LORD . SO if you are still awake
LEt the LORD be praised my friend

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The true gospel is real easy to explain .
So go ahead and tell me what it is .
The actual truth about the true Gospel is its difficult to find; it's confronting on every level and most cannot bring themselves to go there.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual truth about the true Gospel is its difficult to find; it's confronting on every level and most cannot bring themselves to go there.
Actually its very simple my friend . Now as for man HE MAKES THINGS COMPLICATED and DIFFICULT .
BUT GOD removes all confusion of men . The gospel is a true song of beauty .
So how about you explain this . Its not hard . its simple . just explain what you think it is .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well most dont COME to CHRIST . that is truth .
See most preach another gospel and another jesus . Now that be true , that happens often .
VERY FEW preach THE GOSPEL , THE TRUE JESUS and HIM CRUCIFIED .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We got so many different gospels out there , BUT ONLY ONE IS TRUE .
We got the prosperity one
we got the all inclusive social one
THEN WE GOT THE TRUE GOSPEL ,
THEN WE GOT THE TRUE JESUS and HIM CRUCIFIED .
But most wont teach on that . And in truth they cannot teach on it .
CAUSE Most know NOT THE CHRIST JESUS ...................OF THE BIBLE .
Now let us LEARN HIM . LET US LEARN THAT DOCTRINE
LET US LEARN as children the simplicty of what the apostles wrote in their letters .
SEE the problem we got IS far too many men , trying to , what is the word again , OH YEAH
creating they OWN jesus , they own mindset and thoughts about HIM .
AND beleive me , they gonna find fault with a bible to SUPPORT THEY OWN TEACHING .
DO YOU KNOW ANY SUCH MEN . CAUSE I SEE EM all the time .
HERE let me give you an example .
IN THE BEGINNING WAS THE WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD .
NOW WHAT SAYS YOU . what JESUS are you GONNA preach to me .
SEE MY POINT YET .
LEt me guess , SOMETHING Must be wrong with the BIBLE i read
OR MAYBE I DONT KNOW YOUR GREEK .
MEN do as men do and men gonna believe as men gonna beleive .
BUT ME IS GONNA BELEIVE WHAT IT CLEARLY SAYS IN THAT BIBLE .
SO what gospel , what JESUS would you like to present today .
THE ONE IN THE BIBLE , or the one your men says is jesus . YOU have a blessed day now .

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"According to the (a) spirit of holiness"

Jesus being the Son of Man & the Son of God he resisted the mind of one and drew near to the other. As per John 14:9 he demonstrated the mind of His Father (Logos) - the use of spirit here is refers to character or disposition, as in the phrases: "the spirit of meekness" (1 Cor. 4:21; Gal. 6:1), and "spirit of fear" (2 Tim. 1:7) etc.

Jesus was governed by a holiness of mind; he did not reveal "the carnal mind" which was always possible (Rom. 8:7), for he had the mind of God, made possible through his unique birth of the Holy Spirit, acting upon Mary (Luke 1:35).

In this he was different from his fellows, though "touched with the feelings of our infirmities" (Hebrews 4:15), and was thereby able to say: "he that hath seen me hath seen the father" (John 14:9).

The way Jesus explains this internal war between the carnal mind and the spirit mind is in Luke 12:50

I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished!

The word carries the idea of one agonising over their nature resisting sin as it were to the point of shedding blood which in the end he did.

This Spirit Word (Logos) was the victor even though he felt deaths sting, by the resurrection to life Jesus became the Word of Life; Life Giving Spirit; Mord made Flesh etc etc.

F2F

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may seem but a little dumby who can maybe count to twenty with shoes off
and maybe read see spot run with some help aides .
BUT ME , BY GRACE BELIEVE WHAT IS SIMPLY WRITTEN IN THE BIBLE .
THE KJV is GOOD FOR ME . You would be amazed at how simple
and plain the very Words of truth truly are to a child who follows the LORD .
Men do as men do . men twist as they twist , they greek as they greek .
But as i said , I SIMPLY BELIEVE What IS WRITTEN IN THE HOLY BOOK .
That is how simple and easy it is . NOW lift those hands everyone . THE LORD IS WORTHY OF ALL HONOR GLORY AND PRAISE .

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 1:4 the emphasis is established on his ressurection. Everything hinges on this!

"By the resurrection from the dead" — Lit. " a resurrection out of (ek) dead ones."

The false Gospel will tell you Jesus didn't really die - the true one establishes he did utterly and completely.

Do you know, of all the Apostles, Paul had "seen him last of all" (1 Cor. 15:8).

and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Such an amazing verse this peoples!

"Ektroma" = "an abortion, one who is born dead".

I wonder how many have studied this verse in light of Pauls persecution of the early church? It's a seperate study all of its own really.

The word is only used once in NT, but also in LXX in Num 12:12; Job 3:16. How to fit this idea to Paul's use of the word?

a hint: it contains an irony!

Anyone like to have a go?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:4 the emphasis is established on his ressurection. Everything hinges on this!

"By the resurrection from the dead" — Lit. " a resurrection out of (ek) dead ones."

The false Gospel will tell you Jesus didn't really die - the true one establishes he did utterly and completely.

Do you know, of all the Apostles, Paul had "seen him last of all" (1 Cor. 15:8).

and last of all he appeared to me also, as to one abnormally born.

Such an amazing verse this peoples!

"Ektroma" = "an abortion, one who is born dead".

I wonder how many have studied this verse in light of Pauls persecution of the early church? It's a seperate study all of its own really.

The word is only used once in NT, but also in LXX in Num 12:12; Job 3:16. How to fit this idea to Paul's use of the word?

a hint: it contains an irony!

Anyone like to have a go?
Its getting late .

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"According to the (a) spirit of holiness"

Jesus being the Son of Man & the Son of God he resisted the mind of one and drew near to the other. As per John 14:9 he demonstrated the mind of His Father (Logos) - the use of spirit here is refers to character or disposition, as in the phrases: "the spirit of meekness" (1 Cor. 4:21; Gal. 6:1), and "spirit of fear" (2 Tim. 1:7) etc.

Jesus was governed by a holiness of mind; he did not reveal "the carnal mind" which was always possible (Rom. 8:7), for he had the mind of God, made possible through his unique birth of the Holy Spirit, acting upon Mary (Luke 1:35).

In this he was different from his fellows, though "touched with the feelings of our infirmities" (Hebrews 4:15), and was thereby able to say: "he that hath seen me hath seen the father" (John 14:9).

The way Jesus explains this internal war between the carnal mind and the spirit mind is in Luke 12:50

I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how great is my distress until it is accomplished!

The word carries the idea of one agonising over their nature resisting sin as it were to the point of shedding blood which in the end he did.

This Spirit Word (Logos) was the victor even though he felt deaths sting, by the resurrection to life Jesus became the Word of Life; Life Giving Spirit; Mord made Flesh etc etc.

F2F
Its getting late .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who is the Logos?
I have this distinct "feeling" you either lean toward JW's or 7th Day Adventist
Johann.
I dont understand why you would think he is SDA. Adventist believe Jesus is God

" 4. God the Son (Jesus Christ)​

God the eternal Son became incarnate in Jesus Christ. Through Him all things were created, the character of God is revealed, the salvation of humanity is accomplished, and the world is judged.

Forever truly God, He became also truly human, Jesus the Christ. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He lived and experienced temptation as a human being, but perfectly exemplified the righteousness and love of God.

By His miracles He manifested God’s power and was attested as God’s promised Messiah. He suffered and died voluntarily on the cross for our sins and in our place, was raised from the dead, and ascended to heaven to minister in the heavenly sanctuary on our behalf.

He will come again in glory for the final deliverance of His people and the restoration of all things.

(Isa. 53:4-6; Dan. 9:25-27; Luke 1:35; John 1:1-3, 14; 5:22; 10:30; 14:1–3, 9, 13; Rom. 6:23; 1 Cor. 15:3, 4; 2 Cor. 3:18; 5:17-19; Phil. 2:5–11; Col. 1:15-19; Heb. 2:9-18; 8:1, 2.)"

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
" 4. God the Son (Jesus Christ)

God the eternal Son became incarnate in Jesus Christ. Through Him all things were created, the character of God is revealed, the salvation of humanity is accomplished, and the world is judged.
Unlike many here I believe Johann to be a genuine searcher of truth. For some the story of salvation has gaps of knowledge and those gaps can become valleys, even canyons in their mind. Like I said few venture into deep dark places to find truth. Job 28 is a favourite chapter of mine because its in the darkness one often finds the treasure of light.
F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well most dont COME to CHRIST . that is truth .
See most preach another gospel and another jesus . Now that be true , that happens often .
VERY FEW preach THE GOSPEL , THE TRUE JESUS and HIM CRUCIFIED .
True and even fewer preach what was crucified in him.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Romans 1:5 builds on what God did in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Through him we received grace and apostleship to call all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith for his name’s sake.

Jesus is the representative who fulfills Hebrews 11:6 perfectly!

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.(none rewarded more than the Lord Jesus Christ)

Jesus was obedient to the faith to the point of death.

Paul has in mind here the priveledge of grace and apostleship, not for personal benefit, but for the developement of the divine qualities seen perfectly in Jesus, who is the Son of God by ressurrection.

It's an interesting theme, "obey the faith"...pistis means belief, conviction and is developed only by hearing the Word of God as per Rom. 10:17) through means of a proclaimer (Romans 1:18)

Again, the Masters example of learning God's Word from a child and then practising what he learned in the end led him to his death and resurrection.

F2F