Liberals (anti-Christian folk) are illogical and dangerous

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Liberals believe really goofy stuff (and that is on their good days)

They are illogical

They say you can commit fornication with virtually no adverse consequences. Oh, the guy used you and the next day doesn't want to have anything to do with you? Well, your emotional state after being dumped is too bad, but that certainly doesn't mean that fornication is always wrong. It was just wrong for YOU (and only in that situation)

Right... So the person believing his insane liberal nonsense goes on fornicating, goes on getting hurt and/or getting pregnant and/or getting VD and/or... (the list goes one) and still... fornication is NOT a sin (or Wrong, if you dont like the s word)

you could substitute the word Fornication with just so many other evils... abortion, adultery..

They are insane.. They really are loony tunes..

Let the immigrants come in, whether legal or not.. whether they are terrorists or not (!!), whether or not we can AFFORD to do anything for anyone besides ourselves... So what if we have an $19 trillion Debt! Just print more money and let those terrorists... OOPS! I mean, those poor, saintly Muslims we know absolutely nothing about... OOPS... I mean, well, u know what i mean... let them come in...

Tell me thye are not INSANE??!!

Liberalism is a "religion"... (religion being defined as a belief system involving God... Their God is SELF... no, wait.. their god is Satan...)

And like Sharia, this religion should be considered anti-American...

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Liberals are dangerous b/c they want to make the state (Big Brother) bigger--as in more powerful

they do not care about people... numerous examples come to mind.. but here's one: Anyone who advocates for torturing and murdering children in the womb, the most innocent and sin-less among us... that is diabolical. there is nothing someone like that will not do..

diabolical... yet they claim not to beleve in the devil... Well, i don't believe in winter-time... dont like all that cold weather. I wonder if God will consider my prayer to abolish winter?

anyway, liberals are corrupt... Lois Lerner (who persecuted conservatives by not dealing w/ their requests at IRS for non-profit status, harrassed them with endless paperwork, etc), Eric Holder (contempt charge... "Fast and Furious" scandal), the DOJ which doesn't want to prosecute Clinton even though they know she lied and mishandled (admitted this "mistake") govt emails... and the list goes on and on and on... seemingly interminably.

Liberals promote killing babies in the womb, of all things.. then turn around and act just SO horrified... Oh, just SOO SHOCKED... when they see the middle east refugees-- some of whom are ISIS terrorists, as European countries are finding out, but never mind... and they think that we will all believe that they are "compassionate" b/c they want to let these strangers into our country and "care" for them

ha ha... keep thinking that you are fooling us, Liberals... Maybe you can fool some of us some of the time... but some of us know that all u want is more liberals to vote for you...

"Oh, those wonderful Democrats. They allowed all us Muslims to come into their country! And those evil Republicans didn't want to.. so we will vote for the Democrats, of course!"

Same deal w/ illegal immigration from Mexico (meaning non-terrorist illegals... and yet we do not know for sure whether they are terrorists or not, or other kinds of criminals... But no, we do know some of them are criminals... the Steinles certainly know this, found out the hard way... and many others did as well..

recently heard on the news about another illegal who raped a child...

And you actually thought that Democrats CARE???

ha ha...

the (unfunny) joke is on you

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Illogical...yes. I too find myself constantly amazed (as in, puzzled and frustrated) with how they just can't seem to see what's right in front of them. They scream 'tolerance', but are the least tolerant people out there! Eveything goes...except what Christians believe. I have often thought about that passage in scripture, where Paul says that God "sends them a delusion so they would believe the lie". That has to be it, don't you think? Because truly, they can't even be consistent to what they themselves say!

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Naomi25 said:
Illogical...yes. I too find myself constantly amazed (as in, puzzled and frustrated) with how they just can't seem to see what's right in front of them. They scream 'tolerance', but are the least tolerant people out there! Eveything goes...except what Christians believe. I have often thought about that passage in scripture, where Paul says that God "sends them a delusion so they would believe the lie". That has to be it, don't you think? Because truly, they can't even be consistent to what they themselves say!
totally agree. Then there is that psg about how people are constantly learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth..

i have to say i learn a lot of facts/info at CNN, which is liberal. But maybe that's kinda the problem... always learning and never... (Fox is better, but they treated Cruz rather shabbily IMO)

anyhow...

have u been following the Hillary Sell-the-Office-of-SecretaryofState story?

wow... she is not only doing pay for play but with FOREIGN countries... many of which HATE us... our enemies...! Tell me she is not a traitor?

why won't anyone do anything about it? Why is she never held accountable?

bizarre.

Well, she certainly will be.. some day

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not an American, so am probably not following your election as closely as you are! But from what I've seen...yeah...Clinton is not a friend of Christians. I think she probably more dangerous than Trump...it's a little hard to take him seriously, but clearly he endorses the right to say what you believe and think! Clinton gives me the impression she'd happily sell her own mother out if it was the "PC" thing to do.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing to do with Christianity..... Another Catholic post that really should be deleted.

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, I'm new here, so may not have the background info you're referring to here....but, isn't the fact that our governments are becoming more left a concern to all Christians? I'm not a political nut, I rarely talk politics, but I am truly concerned with how it all seems to be going. It seems to me that people coming into power are proponents of "everything needs to be embraced, except Christians...they're intolerant bigots". The fact that they don't make rational sense is a serious concern. They truly can't see that announcing they tolerate everyone and everything, but then excluding Christians; that they are not actually being faithful to their own 'beliefs'. It's irrational and only a few steps away from all out persecution. The thing that really tells me we're in trouble, is that the same doesn't seem to be happening to Muslims. They too are very "this is what we believe and everyone else is wrong" (which is usually why the left hate Christians so much, we don't except that "anything goes"). And yet every time a terrorist event occurs, all the 'left' government members rush into damage control just in case the Muslims get bullied. Something is genuinely wrong here.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Naomi25 said:
Well, I'm new here, so may not have the background info you're referring to here....but, isn't the fact that our governments are becoming more left a concern to all Christians? I'm not a political nut, I rarely talk politics, but I am truly concerned with how it all seems to be going. It seems to me that people coming into power are proponents of "everything needs to be embraced, except Christians...they're intolerant bigots". The fact that they don't make rational sense is a serious concern. They truly can't see that announcing they tolerate everyone and everything, but then excluding Christians; that they are not actually being faithful to their own 'beliefs'. It's irrational and only a few steps away from all out persecution. The thing that really tells me we're in trouble, is that the same doesn't seem to be happening to Muslims. They too are very "this is what we believe and everyone else is wrong" (which is usually why the left hate Christians so much, we don't except that "anything goes"). And yet every time a terrorist event occurs, all the 'left' government members rush into damage control just in case the Muslims get bullied. Something is genuinely wrong here.
[SIZE=medium]Why should it be? Indeed where I’m from many Christians are more concerned that our governments are becoming more right. I just happen to be one of many Christians who think our governments should be far far far more left.[/SIZE]

I'm not a political nut, I rarely talk politics, but I am truly concerned with how it all seems to be going. It seems to me that people coming into power are proponents of "everything needs to be embraced, except Christians...they're intolerant bigots". The fact that they don't make rational sense is a serious concern. They truly can't see that announcing they tolerate everyone and everything, but then excluding Christians; that they are not actually being faithful to their own 'beliefs'. It's irrational and only a few steps away from all out persecution. The thing that really tells me we're in trouble, is that the same doesn't seem to be happening to Muslims. They too are very "this is what we believe and everyone else is wrong" (which is usually why the left hate Christians so much, we don't except that "anything goes"). And yet every time a terrorist event occurs, all the 'left' government members rush into damage control just in case the Muslims get bullied. Something is genuinely wrong here.
[SIZE=medium]Living in secular Europe, I don’t feel discriminated against in the slightest for being Christian. And I’ll be more willing to believe they Christians are discriminated against in the US when anybody who doesn’t claim to be Christian has the slightest chance to become US-President. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Of course my Christian views influence my political ones when it comes to Muslims: Loving my Muslim neighbours like myself means I will grant them the same rights and religious freedom that I want to have for myself. If I don’t want to be associated with the Westborough Baptist Church or the terror of the “Lord’s Resistance Army”, I won’t associate my peace-loving Muslim neighbours with ISIS, especially seeing that many of my new Muslim neighbours have fled from its terror. I will welcome these poor refugees like the Bible tells me to welcome strangers in need of help. Believing that every single human being is made in the image [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]of God, [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]I’m deeply disgusted when our governments – both conservative and liberal – use terrorism as an excuse to violate the very human rights they hypocritically caim to defend[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. IMHO what's genuinely wrong is that most People - Christians like G.W. Bush included - don't heed Romans 12:17-21:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE][SIZE=small]17 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. [/SIZE][SIZE=small]18 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. [/SIZE][SIZE=small]19 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. [/SIZE][SIZE=small]20 [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]On the contrary:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]21 [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”[/SIZE]

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
junobet said:
[SIZE=medium]Why should it be? Indeed where I’m from many Christians are more concerned that our governments are becoming more right. I just happen to be one of many Christians who think our governments should be far far far more left.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Living in secular Europe, I don’t feel discriminated against in the slightest for being Christian. And I’ll be more willing to believe they Christians are discriminated against in the US when anybody who doesn’t claim to be Christian has the slightest chance to become US-President. [/SIZE]
Once again, I'm not hugely political, so my understanding isn't solid. But I would say that ideally, being either ultra left or right is not a good thing...for anyone. I don't deny that many leaders could use a good swing left, but my main concern, what I was trying to verbalize, is that these 'left' leaders are not consistent. There in lies the problem. It's wonderful to say "every one has a right to believe what they want"...goodness, Christians have been some of the longest standing advocates for that. But where I live (and I do see it in the overseas news as well, so it's not localized), it is becoming increasingly evident that giving grace to people to believe what they will only extends to the point of what's currently politically correct. And Christian's ain't. Oh, it's not overtly obvious, because let's face it, most people would claim to be 'christian'. But they're nominal at best. The number of 'christians' who are getting on board with the PC group is growing...allowing gay people into the pulpit, approving of gay marriage, accepting all religions as equal, saying that love is the only way to 'god'...that sort of thing. These are not biblically approved ideas. And while we are called to love everyone, despite their beliefs or actions, we are biblically called to draw a line in the sand and lovingly refuse to cross it. Crossing it, is selling God out to stand with people and their approval.

[SIZE=medium]Of course my Christian views influence my political ones when it comes to Muslims: Loving my Muslim neighbours like myself means I will grant them the same rights and religious freedom that I want to have for myself. If I don’t want to be associated with the Westborough Baptist Church or the terror of the “Lord’s Resistance Army”, I won’t associate my peace-loving Muslim neighbours with ISIS, especially seeing that many of my new Muslim neighbours have fled from its terror. I will welcome these poor refugees like the Bible tells me to welcome strangers in need of help. Believing that every single human being is made in the image [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]of God, [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]I’m deeply disgusted when our governments – both conservative and liberal – use terrorism as an excuse to violate the very human rights they hypocritically caim to defend[/SIZE][SIZE=medium]. IMHO what's genuinely wrong is that most People - Christians like G.W. Bush included - don't heed Romans 12:17-21:[/SIZE]
I think, perhaps, you've misunderstood me. I am not speaking of my opinion on Muslims. Perhaps I should have included that, so as not to be misunderstood. Muslims are people in desperate need of the gospel and the only way we have a chance to share that with them, is by loving them. I would happily open my door for a refugee family if I could. And should they choose to remain Muslim, I respect that. My point was more the reaction of the left 'PC' crowd.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Naomi25 said:
i totally agree... except w/ the part about we are almost @t all out persecution level. I am very persecuted... I could tell some stories... but not now

Anyway, yeh, we have definitely figured out that something is VERY wrong...

but here's something else i figured out about libs.. The reason they always support people who are evil is b/c they are evil themselves... and if they were to, say, tell the world about things other liberals do "wrong"... well, they would be indicting themselves...

Since they dont do what Christians do, or even try, it is easy to condemn us.. After all, they do not claim to have morals like Christians do... so how can they violate moral principles?

they are bonkers...

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Naomi25 said:
Once again, I'm not hugely political, so my understanding isn't solid. But I would say that ideally, being either ultra left or right is not a good thing...for anyone. I don't deny that many leaders could use a good swing left, but my main concern, what I was trying to verbalize, is that these 'left' leaders are not consistent. There in lies the problem.

[SIZE=medium]Well, I’ve been political for most of my life, and I’m not quite sure what you mean by ‘left’ leaders not being consistent.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]I’m not even sure who you mean by ‘left’ leaders: as far as I can tell there isn’t much of a difference between mainstream political parties such as Democrats or Republicans. They are all sponsored by pretty much the same big money and it is big money’s interests that they’ll both consistently serve. And both US Democrats and Republicans have consistently demolished any democratically elect Government throughout the world that was too ‘left’ for their liking[/SIZE][SIZE=medium].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]What’s not consistent is to have Ronald Reagan call the Mujahidin ‘freedom fighters’ and finance their radicalization against the Russian occupation of Afghanistan, only to have Mrs. Bush cry big huge crocodile tears about women’s rights in Afghanistan a couple of years later. And now here we are with the world in flames and fascism back en vogue.[/SIZE]

It's wonderful to say "every one has a right to believe what they want"...goodness, Christians have been some of the longest standing advocates for that.
[SIZE=medium]Really? As far as I remember my Church History even Protestants burned each other at the stake for disagreeing about their beliefs. That said: of course Protestantism brought to its logical conclusion would lead to Liberalism: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuyZYfWWppg[/SIZE]

But where I live (and I do see it in the overseas news as well, so it's not localized), it is becoming increasingly evident that giving grace to people to believe what they will only extends to the point of what's currently politically correct. And Christian's ain't. Oh, it's not overtly obvious, because let's face it, most people would claim to be 'christian'. But they're nominal at best. The number of 'christians' who are getting on board with the PC group is growing...allowing gay people into the pulpit, approving of gay marriage, accepting all religions as equal, saying that love is the only way to 'god'...that sort of thing. These are not biblically approved ideas. And while we are called to love everyone, despite their beliefs or actions, we are biblically called to draw a line in the sand and lovingly refuse to cross it. Crossing it, is selling God out to stand with people and their approval.

I think, perhaps, you've misunderstood me. I am not speaking of my opinion on Muslims. Perhaps I should have included that, so as not to be misunderstood. Muslims are people in desperate need of the gospel and the only way we have a chance to share that with them, is by loving them. I would happily open my door for a refugee family if I could. And should they choose to remain Muslim, I respect that. My point was more the reaction of the left 'PC' crowd
[SIZE=medium]So you seriously think being a homophobic, sexist and racist bigot unable to engage in respectful interfaith discourse is the litmus-test for being a true Christian? And you think that’s biblically approved? Actually I find very little mention in the Bible about same sex-intercourse, let alone homosexuality. But I can easily find a very long list of verses that tell me to love my neighbour and my enemy, not to slander, to speak out for the oppressed, to help the poor, to seek justice … . If there isn’t a political party out there with which we agree 100%, we ought to get our priorities right. [/SIZE]

I think, perhaps, you've misunderstood me. I am not speaking of my opinion on Muslims. Perhaps I should have included that, so as not to be misunderstood. Muslims are people in desperate need of the gospel and the only way we have a chance to share that with them, is by loving them. I would happily open my door for a refugee family if I could. And should they choose to remain Muslim, I respect that. My point was more the reaction of the left 'PC' crowd
[SIZE=medium]So you would take up a refugee Family in your home, but you want us to vote for parties that would not even let them into the country? Now that seems truly illogical to me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]And why do you use “politically correct” as a derogatory term? You and I may have very different opinions on what exactly it is that we deem to be politically correct and what we deem to be politically wrong, but isn’t that what we should all strive for: being correct and good and gracious?[/SIZE]

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
junobet said:
[SIZE=medium]So you seriously think being a homophobic, sexist and racist bigot unable to engage in respectful interfaith discourse is the litmus-test for being a true Christian? And you think that’s biblically approved? Actually I find very little mention in the Bible about same sex-intercourse, let alone homosexuality. But I can easily find a very long list of verses that tell me to love my neighbour and my enemy, not to slander, to speak out for the oppressed, to help the poor, to seek justice … . If there isn’t a political party out there with which we agree 100%, we ought to get our priorities right. [/SIZE]
:blink: So, I'm a 'homophobic, sexist, racist bigot, unable to engage in respectful interfaith discourse' because I follow scripture? Because despite what you say, the bible is glaringly, startlingly clear about homosexuality. It's also clear about every other sin, which is no better or worse than homosexuality, and needs to be treated the same way. That way being...we do not put a ribbon on it and announce it is A-Okay with God, and stick them in the pulpit.
I find it somewhat distressing that a Moderator of this board finds it acceptable to to sling around such insults. Granted you disagree with me, that is your right, but are you respecting my right? I think perhaps you are proving my point a little. I need to be tolerant of homosexual preachers, but you don't need to be tolerant of my belief that that's not OK by God.

[SIZE=medium]So you would take up a refugee Family in your home, but you want us to vote for parties that would not even let them into the country? Now that seems truly illogical to me.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium][/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]And why do you use “politically correct” as a derogatory term? You and I may have very different opinions on what exactly it is that we deem to be politically correct and what we deem to be politically wrong, but isn’t that what we should all strive for: being correct and good and gracious?[/SIZE]
Clearly politics and the different party's are different here in Australia. Although, I refused to vote for the conservatives here this year. As I said in my previous post...it doesn't seem to do anyone good to be either ultra right or ultra left. I also said that my main problem with the left, is not their beliefs, but their inclination to try and bully people to be "tolerant" of everything, but that "everything" doesn't actually include everything, it only includes what they deem is okay...witness...your abuse of me above. Again...thanks for proving my point.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Naomi25 said:
:blink: So, I'm a 'homophobic, sexist, racist bigot, unable to engage in respectful interfaith discourse' because I follow scripture? Because despite what you say, the bible is glaringly, startlingly clear about homosexuality. It's also clear about every other sin, which is no better or worse than homosexuality, and needs to be treated the same way. That way being...we do not put a ribbon on it and announce it is A-Okay with God, and stick them in the pulpit.
I find it somewhat distressing that a Moderator of this board finds it acceptable to to sling around such insults. Granted you disagree with me, that is your right, but are you respecting my right? I think perhaps you are proving my point a little. I need to be tolerant of homosexual preachers, but you don't need to be tolerant of my belief that that's not OK by God.

Clearly politics and the different party's are different here in Australia. Although, I refused to vote for the conservatives here this year. As I said in my previous post...it doesn't seem to do anyone good to be either ultra right or ultra left. I also said that my main problem with the left, is not their beliefs, but their inclination to try and bully people to be "tolerant" of everything, but that "everything" doesn't actually include everything, it only includes what they deem is okay...witness...your abuse of me above. Again...thanks for proving my point.
[SIZE=medium]I’m sorry you perceived my question as an insult. My point was that I don’t expect people to agree with my political and theological viewpoints on said issues before I can accept them as Christian. You on the other hand seem to assume they must agree on your political and theological viewpoints before you accept them as Christian, thus you are basically ‘excommunicating’ my entire Church. That is what I find inacceptable.[/SIZE]

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I misread what you said, I'm sorry. But truly, while perhaps phrased as a question, you still basically accused me of being such...if I held to the views I do. So...I can't really see how else I should take it.
I also don't expect my views, especially in the political arena, to be shared. And even within theological circles there are differences...I see that and acknowledge that in many ways that is acceptable.

But there are just some things that scripture is clear on and I see you saying that I cannot be true to it without insulting your denomination. I also see, from reading the thread on homosexuality, that nothing I can say here will end in agreement...because you don't see scripture saying what I believe it does quite clearly.

So, I believe I'll just back out. I don't want to build an acrimonious conversation that cannot resolve itself in a Christ-like manner. I don't really like intense confrontation ( I know...stupid of me to stick my toe in a political conversation!), and I believe any discussion that is not based on the same foundation can't be fruitful.

Reactions: lforrest

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Naomi25 said:
If I misread what you said, I'm sorry. But truly, while perhaps phrased as a question, you still basically accused me of being such...if I held to the views I do. So...I can't really see how else I should take it.
I put this as a question because I’m very much aware that I don’t know you and that - even if I had a right to judge you, which I don’t - a couple of probably careless posts are very little to go by.
However: A person I do know is my Asian-born Lesbian friend. To her your claims of loving homosexuals and just hating homosexuality would sound like “I love Asians, I just hate slanty eyes.” Having no patience with the finer nuances of conservative Christian thought, she would not have the slightest qualms to call you a homophobe. Honestly, I can’t say I’d blame her for feeling insulted by remarks such as yours. What strikes me as odd though is that you’d feel insulted by being called a homophobe for such remarks. Why would somebody who is fed up with political correctness be offended by others exercising the very right they want to claim for themselves: to call what they deem a spade a spade?

I also don't expect my views, especially in the political arena, to be shared. And even within theological circles there are differences...I see that and acknowledge that in many ways that is acceptable.

But there are just some things that scripture is clear on and I see you saying that I cannot be true to it without insulting your denomination. I also see, from reading the thread on homosexuality, that nothing I can say here will end in agreement...because you don't see scripture saying what I believe it does quite clearly.

[SIZE=12pt]Years of Bible study groups have made it clear to me that there’s very little that Scripture is clear on. One text + ten readers = ten different interpretations, sometimes enhancing each other, sometimes contradicting each other. Of course I deem my interpretations to be correct – otherwise I’d change them - but I’m humble enough to realize that in the end only God knows which reading is right.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]So I did not even ask you to agree with me on homosexuality. I just expressed my fear that you (and very many other conservative Christians) may be getting your priorities wrong when rating this topic above everything else when judging a given party’s political program. [/SIZE]
As[SIZE=12pt] a Catholic Priest[/SIZE] Gustavo Gutierrez for example may well be closer to your view of homosexuality than to mine (I don’t know for sure, because I’ve never seen him finding that subject important enough to comment). But I fully agree with him when he observes that the one thing that Scripture is really clear on is its “preferential option for the poor”. So that is what I think Christians should judge a politician’s programm by: it’s likely effects on the poorest of the poor, not just within our nations but in the whole world. https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/road-peace/gustavo-gutierrez-and-preferential-option-poor

So, I believe I'll just back out. I don't want to build an acrimonious conversation that cannot resolve itself in a Christ-like manner. I don't really like intense confrontation ( I know...stupid of me to stick my toe in a political conversation!), and I believe any discussion that is not based on the same foundation can't be fruitful.
I’m sorry if you find my style confrontational. But it certainly wouldn’t be much of a debate forum, if everybody here agreed on everything. Be blessed, whatever your opinions are.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
The reason i am a Christian is... well, first of all, it was Jesus, working through His Church, who made me a practicing (not so hypocritical) Christian.. There are some things only Jesus and His Church can do...

But one reason i am a Christian is b/c i love LOGIC. It only makes sense that fornication is wrong... that adultery is wrong...that murdering the unborn is hideously wrong.. that such sins cause great misery and so... we have to not do them... It only makes sense that we humans could not pay for our sins... but a price had to be paid nonetheless... True, it sometimes doesn't make sense that someone as precious and awesome as Jesus had to die for us selfish sinners... but

anyway thsoe who think Christians are not too bright... can think again... we are very logical. It is the liberal among us who defy logic...

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
Liberal lies:

• We were under sniper fire
  • We left the White House dead broke
  • I never sent or received Classified emails
  • I "bleached" out those emails but they were only about yoga (couldn't have the whole world know i do yoga!! OMG!!!!!!)
  • She had no intent to destroy emails (just deleting them does not indicate intent.... uh... hmmm... HUH???)
  • I never had sex with that woman
  • depends on what the definition of the word "is" is...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :wacko:

Naomi25

Aug 10, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
junobet said:
I put this as a question because I’m very much aware that I don’t know you and that - even if I had a right to judge you, which I don’t - a couple of probably careless posts are very little to go by.
However: A person I do know is my Asian-born Lesbian friend. To her your claims of loving homosexuals and just hating homosexuality would sound like “I love Asians, I just hate slanty eyes.” Having no patience with the finer nuances of conservative Christian thought, she would not have the slightest qualms to call you a homophobe. Honestly, I can’t say I’d blame her for feeling insulted by remarks such as yours. What strikes me as odd though is that you’d feel insulted by being called a homophobe for such remarks. Why would somebody who is fed up with political correctness be offended by others exercising the very right they want to claim for themselves: to call what they deem a spade a spade?
[SIZE=12pt]Years of Bible study groups have made it clear to me that there’s very little that Scripture is clear on. One text + ten readers = ten different interpretations, sometimes enhancing each other, sometimes contradicting each other. Of course I deem my interpretations to be correct – otherwise I’d change them - but I’m humble enough to realize that in the end only God knows which reading is right.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]So I did not even ask you to agree with me on homosexuality. I just expressed my fear that you (and very many other conservative Christians) may be getting your priorities wrong when rating this topic above everything else when judging a given party’s political program. [/SIZE]
As[SIZE=12pt] a Catholic Priest[/SIZE] Gustavo Gutierrez for example may well be closer to your view of homosexuality than to mine (I don’t know for sure, because I’ve never seen him finding that subject important enough to comment). But I fully agree with him when he observes that the one thing that Scripture is really clear on is its “preferential option for the poor”. So that is what I think Christians should judge a politician’s programm by: it’s likely effects on the poorest of the poor, not just within our nations but in the whole world. https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/road-peace/gustavo-gutierrez-and-preferential-option-poor

I’m sorry if you find my style confrontational. But it certainly wouldn’t be much of a debate forum, if everybody here agreed on everything. Be blessed, whatever your opinions are.
Junobet, I will keep this brief, as I truly don't want confrontation. It is slightly insulting when you are accused of something you are not...yes? I'm sorry you, and your friend cannot allow for the possibility that a person can not accept as just and right, a behaviour, while still loving the soul that is attached. People...all people, are made in the image of God...the imago dei, and that makes them precious in the eyes of God. I'm also sorry that you feel the bible is not clear on things, because my goodness, that allows the foundation we build our lives on to be as shaky as the San Andres fault!
The bible is clear, in this subject, as in every other subject. It's clear that we love people, even in their sins, because God would have us to...as he loved us in our sins.
I feel the need to say this to you...do you know why God calls us out of sins? Yes, it is because sin is an offense towards a hold God, us saying that we choose our sin over him. But it is also because God seeks our happiness and joy. He knows that the most happiness we can get, the most joy we are capable of holding...is found in our love, worship and obeying, of God our Father and Jesus our Saviour.
It's not just our souls on the line, it's our freedom and joy. And as everyone spends their whole life seeking joy, I don't know why we are so opposed to listen to God on this subject!
I urge you, and your friend, to read a book by Rosaria Butterfield, called 'The secret thoughts of an unlikely convert'. She was an English professor attempting to write an academic paper, or book, crushing the biblical thoughts on homosexuality. She was a lesbian, you see, and in a happy relationship. What she found, was that God called her to joy elsewhere. It's quite amazing, and as she is an English Professor, her thoughts and arguments are light years away from what I am, clumsily, trying to say. She also has no hint of homophobia, which I hope will help, as you can't quite see that I'm truly not.

I don't know if I'm allowed to publish links here, but if you can't be bothered getting the book, here is a short interview with her about teaching the bible...it's a little off topic, but it will certainly give you an idea about the woman and here sincere faith. Well worth a listen:

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/help-me-teach-bible-rosaria-butterfield-teaching-openness-unhindered

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Naomi25 said:
Junobet, I will keep this brief, as I truly don't want confrontation. It is slightly insulting when you are accused of something you are not...yes? I'm sorry you, and your friend cannot allow for the possibility that a person can not accept as just and right, a behaviour, while still loving the soul that is attached. People...all people, are made in the image of God...the imago dei, and that makes them precious in the eyes of God. I'm also sorry that you feel the bible is not clear on things, because my goodness, that allows the foundation we build our lives on to be as shaky as the San Andres fault!
The bible is clear, in this subject, as in every other subject. It's clear that we love people, even in their sins, because God would have us to...as he loved us in our sins.
I feel the need to say this to you...do you know why God calls us out of sins? Yes, it is because sin is an offense towards a hold God, us saying that we choose our sin over him. But it is also because God seeks our happiness and joy. He knows that the most happiness we can get, the most joy we are capable of holding...is found in our love, worship and obeying, of God our Father and Jesus our Saviour.
It's not just our souls on the line, it's our freedom and joy. And as everyone spends their whole life seeking joy, I don't know why we are so opposed to listen to God on this subject!
I urge you, and your friend, to read a book by Rosaria Butterfield, called 'The secret thoughts of an unlikely convert'. She was an English professor attempting to write an academic paper, or book, crushing the biblical thoughts on homosexuality. She was a lesbian, you see, and in a happy relationship. What she found, was that God called her to joy elsewhere. It's quite amazing, and as she is an English Professor, her thoughts and arguments are light years away from what I am, clumsily, trying to say. She also has no hint of homophobia, which I hope will help, as you can't quite see that I'm truly not.

I don't know if I'm allowed to publish links here, but if you can't be bothered getting the book, here is a short interview with her about teaching the bible...it's a little off topic, but it will certainly give you an idea about the woman and here sincere faith. Well worth a listen:

https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/help-me-teach-bible-rosaria-butterfield-teaching-openness-unhindered
Believe it or not: I have listened to God in this question and His answer was very clear.