Lifeark, housing for the homeless

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saw this yesterday on the news... interesting.

Lifeark creates modular, pre-fab, plastic housing for the homeless. The housing units shown looked really nice and are also fireproof.

Each unit takes only four hours to complete.

The lady who now manages a complex used to live in a tent for seventeen years.

With the housing shortage and high rents here, I wish they would build these for seniors, too.

About — LifeArk

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any new construction going on to help the homeless in your city or town?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, I see where one city in Oklahoma wants to pass a law limit where the homeless are able to remain when as the proponents say it interferes with or diminishes their business income.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
On the contrary, I see where one city in Oklahoma wants to pass a law limit where the homeless are able to remain when as the proponents say it interferes with or diminishes their business income.
Los Angeles does try to find the homeless housing but some still don't want to go into housing.

Sometimes it seems California tries to help the homeless more than the rest of us.... meaning the extremely high rents can put many onto the streets. But they seem to help the ones already on the streets... instead of also trying to give renters some relief.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Los Angeles does try to find the homeless housing but some still don't want to go into housing.

Sometimes it seems California tries to help the homeless more than the rest of us.... meaning the extremely high rents can put many onto the streets. But they seem to help the ones already on the streets... instead of also trying to give renters some relief.
Ultimately, I believe, the source of the problem is the need for God. All of the other things we could mention would be handled if everyone was really taking hold of Him. Oklahoma may still be considered as a part of the Bible Belt, but it also as a whole seems to be sliding away from Him.

Reactions: Debp