Little Man Helpless As Baby's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rdventen

Feb 16, 2010
USA
Job 40

[sup]1[/sup] Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said: [sup]2[/sup] “Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him?
He who rebukes God, let him answer it.”

God’s Challenge to Job

[sup]6[/sup] Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said: [sup]7[/sup] “Now prepare yourself like a man;
I will question you, and you shall answer Me: [sup]8[/sup] “ Would you indeed annul My judgment?
Would you condemn Me that you may be justified? [sup]9[/sup] Have you an arm like God?
Or can you thunder with a voice like His? [sup]10[/sup] Then adorn yourself with majesty and splendor,
And array yourself with glory and beauty. [sup]11[/sup] Disperse the rage of your wrath;
Look on everyone who is proud, and humble him. [sup]12[/sup] Look on everyone who is proud, and bring him low;
Tread down the wicked in their place. [sup]13[/sup] Hide them in the dust together,
Bind their faces in hidden darkness. [sup]14[/sup] Then I will also confess to you
That your own right hand can save you.

Funny that man believes that he can compare himself to God, We are like helpless little baby's in His eyes, but man is a destroyer of all that God has created, if it weren't for God man would have destroyed himself long time ago just look around you and you can see how man has trashed this word.

gumby

May 29, 2009
Well Job is one of my favorite books of the bible. I think i can help you with it as well:

Job 40:3 and 40:4, Job himself admits that hes helpless and small compared to the lord

Job 40:7 the lord tells Job to gird up his loins and toughen up a bit.

Job 40:11 and Job 40:12 the lord is in digust with Jobs freinds that led him astray.

Job 40:14 God basically instructs Job that his own hand cant save him. it has to be the lord.

This basically boils down to Jeremiah 17:5. Dont put your trust in this man or any other man when it comes to your salvation. Ones own personal salvation is freely granted by Christ blood on the cross.

God bless you :)

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
We also need to look at the rest of Job before chapter 40 though.......

Job whined and complained.

Job never asked God for help as Elihu suggested, and Elihu was the only one that spoke correctly.

Job wanted delivered because of his own righteousness. After all, Job did no wrong.

We can see that God was not real happy with Job when God showed up.

Funny that man believes that he can compare himself to God, We are like helpless little baby's in His eyes, but man is a destroyer of all that God has created, if it weren't for God man would have destroyed himself long time ago just look around you and you can see how man has trashed this word.

While man has not made it very easy on God to bless us, The devil also came to kill, steal and Destroy. I am sure that if God just turned his back for 100 years and left us here with Satan, when he came back, there may not be much left.

Be blessed everyone.

Jesus Is Lord

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
We also need to look at the rest of Job before chapter 40 though.......

Job whined and complained.

Job never asked God for help as Elihu suggested, and Elihu was the only one that spoke correctly.

Job wanted delivered because of his own righteousness. After all, Job did no wrong.

We can see that God was not real happy with Job when God showed up.

While man has not made it very easy on God to bless us, The devil also came to kill, steal and Destroy. I am sure that if God just turned his back for 100 years and left us here with Satan, when he came back, there may not be much left.

Be blessed everyone.

Jesus Is Lord

Well Mike, if you read to the end of the book you will discover whar God thought of Elihu and his friends, see Job 38:1-2.

Brother Mike

Sep 16, 2008
Job had to sacrifice for everyone but Elihu....................Could you expound on your message?

Do you feel that Elihu also said some wrong things?

Be Blessed

Jesus Is Lord