Lockdowns...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a reality in holy scripture that believers in Christ are not under the law (Romans 6:14) and that the throne of iniquity frameth mischief by a law (Psalm 94:20). Therefore let the church rise up in civil disobedience as in the days of Ghandi; and let us continue to not forsake the assembly of believers, as the habit of some is; and let us spur one another on to love and good works; and all the more as we see the day approaching. Let us remember that the apostles on two occasions told the scribes and Pharisees who sought to undermine their religious freedom, that "we must obey God rather than men."

Let us not fear this virus, saints. We have promises from the Lord in Psalms 91 that if we are faithful it will not even be able to touch us. We have nothing to fear but fear itself. Let us rise up as saints and be the church to this lost and dying world around us. Will they hate us more? It is very likely that they will. But we are not subject to this virus and neither will we be spreaders of it if we are faithful to the Lord. We can continue to wear masks and utilize social distancing for the sake of the unredeemed around us, but we are not to be fearful ourselves. And as concerning the faithful assembly of believers, this is something that is mandated by holy scripture for the faithful...let us not forsake the assembly lest we find that the church was taken up from the many church buildings on a Sunday and we were not there to partake of that glorious escape.

Let us continue on in fellowship. Let us continue to worship the Father in Spirit and in truth. Let us keep Jesus' command to persevere: for if we keep this command, will we not be counted worthy to escape those things that are soon to come upon the earth?

Last edited:
Reactions: WaterSong

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you implying a believer will not get covid ?
I've had it myself...so no...but I am saying that a believer will not die from covid...at least, if they are utilizing spiritual warfare tactics and are obtaining the promises of the Lord by faith (Hebrews 11:33, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:20, Romans 4:20-22)...because the Lord promises in Psalms 91 that we will not be overtaken by the noisome pestilence that walketh in darkness...

Psa 91:1, He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2, I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psa 91:3, Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Psa 91:4, He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Psa 91:5, Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psa 91:6, Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psa 91:7, A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Psa 91:8, Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Psa 91:9, Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
Psa 91:10, There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
Psa 91:11, For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Psa 91:12, They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Psa 91:13, Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Psa 91:14, Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Psa 91:15, He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psa 91:16, With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had it myself...so no...but I am saying that a believer will not die from covid...at least, if they are utilizing spiritual warfare tactics and are obtaining the promises of the Lord by faith (Hebrews 11:33, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:20, Romans 4:20-22)...because the Lord promises in Psalms 91 that we will not be overtaken by the noisome pestilence that walketh in darkness...

Psa 91:1, He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
Psa 91:2, I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Psa 91:3, Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
Psa 91:4, He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Psa 91:5, Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
Psa 91:6, Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
Psa 91:7, A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
Psa 91:8, Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Psa 91:9, Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
Psa 91:10, There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
Psa 91:11, For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
Psa 91:12, They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Psa 91:13, Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Psa 91:14, Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Psa 91:15, He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psa 91:16, With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
So out of the 20-50 million deaths none were believers ?

Death Toll: 20 -50 million
Cause: Influenza
Between 1918 and 1920 a disturbingly deadly outbreak of influenza tore across the globe, infecting over a third of the world’s population and ending the lives of 20 – 50 million people. Of the 500 million people infected in the 1918 pandemic, the mortality rate was estimated at 10% to 20%, with up to 25 million deaths in the first 25 weeks alone. What separated the 1918 flu pandemic from other influenza outbreaks was the victims; where influenza had always previously only killed juveniles and the elderly or already weakened patients, it had begun striking down hardy and completely healthy young adults, while leaving children and those with weaker immune systems still alive.

Reactions: DNB

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that I have also said that promises of holy scripture must be obtained by faith (Hebrews 11:33, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:20, Romans 4:20-22).

Some who have faith for salvation don't have the same faith to obtain these promises.

However, it is true that healing is provided for in the atonement (Isaiah 53:5).

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no the healing was sin in the context

Isaiah 53:5
But he was pierced for our transgressions,
he was crushed for our iniquities;
the punishment that brought us peace was on him,
and by his wounds we are healed.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way to life is narrow; and few there be that find it.

Did you read the scripture in question (Psalms 91)?
So if I am understanding you correctly. No believer with faith dies from the flu, pneumonia, heart disease, cancer, hunningtons, Alzheimer's, diabetes, stroke, heart attack etc.......

Also can a believer die in a natural disaster ? tornado, earthquake, tsunami, flood, hurricane, volcano, typhoon etc.......

hope this helps !!!

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many pastors who have made the exact same arguments as the OP have died from Covid-19. Those who haven't died have been crippled "long haulers" of this disease. Unable to taste, breathe, or think coherently after becoming infected.

Rather than accuse these men of evil...I would rather think them to be imprudent.

God has obviously ordained that this virus will rule for a while. To believe otherwise is to defy God and pay the price for insubordination.

God has clearly given the world time to accept a "time out" or banishment to our rooms for a while...and breaching this command has drastic consequences.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Given that the average age of covid deaths is over 80 years old, maybe God is simply using covid to end their time here and call them up

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if I am understanding you correctly. No believer with faith dies from the flu, pneumonia, heart disease, cancer, hunningtons, Alzheimer's, diabetes, stroke, heart attack etc.......

Also can a believer die in a natural disaster ? tornado, earthquake, tsunami, flood, hurricane, volcano, typhoon etc.......

hope this helps !!!

I don't think you are paying attention.

Many pastors who have made the exact same arguments as the OP have died from Covid-19. Those who haven't died have been crippled "long haulers" of this disease. Unable to taste, breathe, or think coherently after becoming infected.

Rather than accuse these men of evil...I would rather think them to be imprudent.

God has obviously ordained that this virus will rule for a while. To believe otherwise is to defy God and pay the price for insubordination.

God has clearly given the world time to accept a "time out" or banishment to our rooms for a while...and breaching this command has drastic consequences.

For all you know that is fake news...

But let me say to you that you are also not paying attention.

We obtain promises by faith (Hebrews 11:33, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:20, Romans 4:20-22) and some people have the faith for salvation who do not have the faith to obtain certain promises.

In order to obtain these promises, one must engage in spiritual warfare tactics in order to defeat the apparent contradiction between what is happening in their life and what the word of God says is the reality.

"By his stripes we are healed."

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you are paying attention.

We obtain promises by faith (Hebrews 11:33, 2 Peter 1:3-4, 2 Corinthians 1:20, Romans 4:20-22) and some people have the faith for salvation who do not have the faith to obtain certain promises.

In order to obtain these promises, one must engage in spiritual warfare tactics in order to defeat the apparent contradiction between what is happening in their life and what the word of God says is the reality.

"By his stripes we are healed."
how is it fake news when I personally know people who have died from covid ?

and the context of your quote on healing is SIN- not diseases/sicknesses. That is the charismatic/pentecostal word of faith false teaching and that is you don't get healed its because of sin. A damnable heresy.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ok...
So good men with whom I'm personally acquainted with are just lying?

These pastor's that you claim are simply lying about dying and being permanently harmed are just ignorant?

Good to know that about you.

Reactions: ChristisGod

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's amazing to me how a "stranger on the internet" believes that his word should be believed over and above those with whom I've had personal relationships with for decades...

And then gets irritated when people believe those they really know over and above him.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok...
So good men with whom I'm personally acquainted with are just lying?

These pastor's that you claim are simply lying about dying and being permanently harmed are just ignorant?

Good to know that about you.
yes its being blind by ones doctrine and denying the facts that others have experienced in this life who are believers. its twisting scripture and that if you are not healed its because of sin. a damnable heresy.

Reactions: JohnDB

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's amazing to me how a "stranger on the internet" believes that his word should be believed over and above those with whom I've had personal relationships with for decades...

And then gets irritated when people believe those they really know over and above him.
Amen to that John

Reactions: JohnDB

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
how is it fake news when I personally know people who have died from covid ?

and the context of your quote on healing is SIN- not diseases/sicknesses. That is the charismatic/pentecostal word of faith false teaching and that is you don't get healed its because of sin. A damnable heresy.

It is merely an offensive doctrine, not heresy.

It is offensive because it implies that people who die from sickness were never saved to begin with.

But that is a misunderstanding of the doctrine.

I believe that if you keep reading and believing the word you will come over to my side of the issue.

I am not going to keep arguing it here.

As 101G says,

Don't argue with me, argue with God's word!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is merely an offensive doctrine, not heresy.

It is offensive because it implies that people who die from sickness were never saved to begin with.
Yikes this is just a horrible belief straight from the pits of hell with the word of faith heretics and false teachers which you espouse. You twist Isaiah 53 which is sin not sickness.

What a horrible and damnable false teaching.

Jesus opposes that heresy below:

For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them. (Matthew 13:15)

Heal them from what ? sin ie their hearts

Paul had a thorn in the flesh- his poor eyesight that was never healed.

In Philippians 2:27 Epaphroditus was sick to the point of death.

Timothy was encouraged to use a little wine for his stomach and frequent ailments. 1 Timothy 5:23

2 Timothy 4:20
Erastus stayed in Corinth, and I left Trophimus sick in Miletus.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yikes this is just a horrible belief straight from the pits of hell with the word of faith heretics and false teachers which you espouse. You twist Isaiah 53 which is sin not sickness.

What a horrible and damnable false teaching.

Jesus opposes that heresy below:

For this people’s heart has grown dull, and with their ears they can barely hear, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears and understand with their heart and turn, and I would heal them. (Matthew 13:15)

Heal them from what ? sin in their hearts

And from sickness...the effects of sin. Jesus did in fact heal many of their sicknesses; and you cannot deny that.

There is a book on Divine Healing that I got from Calvary Chapel Bible College, by Andrew Murray. It teaches that healing is in fact provided for in the atonement. And it teaches it well; to the point that I am convinced.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I perceive the quarantine a rather minor "punishment".

Breaking this minor punishment involves a much more serious punishment...

And yet I'm guessing that misery loves company.