Looking for advice: Can women be pastors

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Well, I believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit are still functioning and working today. Especially in those who have received Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. I know that there are plenty of believers out there who think otherwise but you cannot speak on a subject you've never experienced yourself. I have, therefore, I speak! o_O

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm looking for insight on this topic (not a debate) My family is Methodist and growing up I attended a Methodist church and women as pastors was accepted. Where I am living now, there is a huge church of Christ population (I live in a small town, not many church options) and after attending their church for the last few years this topic is still uncertain in my mind. Where I attend a female can't lead a prayer if there is a male present, nor teach a class if a male is in it. Any role that a woman "has authority" over a male they are not permitted to do.

I would appreciate any insight on these roles. I am not looking to debate the subject, I know it can be sensitive - just looking for some clarity. Thank you.

My view is A creature that has been Converted, IS a new creature, IS established IN the Lord, guided By His calling them into a Service He opportunes them to recognize and seek after.

Historically as Scripture has revealed, It was not to be a suffering unto women to speak in the Church?

Why not? Why would that have been a suffering unto them?

Because historically it was a fairly recent thing for women to be allowed to ATTEND Temple/Church. So why put them on the spot and suffer them, grilling them on what their husbands may or may not have taught them?

So why should they BE silent in the Church? Same reason MEN were to be silent in the Church....One speaker, reading from the scrolls, while all others were silent, listening.

Historically ... men / women were few who Could read. So men who could Not read were the perpetual Listeners, and when women were allowed to attend, that same silence unto them was perpetuated...and also to children when they began attending.

Many Church promotions today are about preaching Self-feel-good, being entertained, and gimmicks to lure people to the curiosity of their gimmicks, rather that curiosity of what the Lords Word says.

Whereas Scripture teaches come hear the Good News, the Word of the Lord, Believe His Word, and Praise Him, Glorify Him, Thank Him, for His having given the World His Truth, and we being drawn by Him to Hear His Truth.

IMO Preaching according to God, is effected by the Lord Himself doing the calling.

Also that many are "certified" Preachers according to Man.

It is no secret; It is a tuff nut to crack to set aside personal agendas...meaning, if you are Pro homosexual, female, male, certain race, pro life, pro debt, etc..... your personal passion for such agenda can easily seep into and become the Corner Stone of ones Preaching....

So, personally, I believe a new creature IN Christ has met the Possibility to Preach....
Regardless of gender...
It is up to the congregation to Notice and Accept IF ANY Preacher IS Prepared to fill that role.

Simply one having established a church and been ordained by another man, does not always mean they ARE prepared IN Christ By Christ. So no, I do not think gender of a New Creature is an issue, although it may moreso be a personal preference.

God Bless,
Taken