Looking for some answers...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk if this goes here, but if not, mods please move. Thanks!

I have had faith (made life decisions accordingly), obeyed & trusted God over the past 3 years and have nothing but torment in exchange. God has spoken to me through dreams/visions, life itself, people I know and people I don't, but none of the good prophecies have come to pass. Others around me have had dreams & visions and only the bad ones (warning ones) actually happen. Why doesn't the good visions/dreams and prophecies come to pass? I have done everything instructed and have asked for even more in depth instructions and every point. At this point, I kinda feel like I am dialing God, but the devil is picking up.
It's possible you're trying too hard. When God wants to he will reach out to you thru the Holy Spirit usually. That is peace, love and joy, etc feelings with the message. We can ask in prayer for visions and dreams. But God will choose when and how he will place them with us. Not everything is from God and the devil is here to steer us wrong. He is the antichrist. We are told to try the spirits to see if they are from God:

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

God wants us to go about our lives thinking of him and obeying his written commands. Living in love for him and our brothers and sisters in Christ. He will be watching us and usually silent, sometimes speaking to us thru the Holy Spirit.

It has been my experience that Satan will visit most often and God not so often in message from outside our souls. We are gifted with the Holy Spirit to guide us and comfort us. Which we are in Christ and Christ in us.

Chadrho

Sep 4, 2019
East Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk if this goes here, but if not, mods please move. Thanks!

I have had faith (made life decisions accordingly), obeyed & trusted God over the past 3 years and have nothing but torment in exchange. God has spoken to me through dreams/visions, life itself, people I know and people I don't, but none of the good prophecies have come to pass. Others around me have had dreams & visions and only the bad ones (warning ones) actually happen. Why doesn't the good visions/dreams and prophecies come to pass? I have done everything instructed and have asked for even more in depth instructions and every point. At this point, I kinda feel like I am dialing God, but the devil is picking up.

Early Christian ascetics down through medieval contemplatives virtually all agree that it is unwise to put any stock in dreams, visions, and the like. They are all to be ignored whether good or bad. All they do is distract one from the Lord who is always present and speaks loudest in silence. Even if the dream or vision has merit, you can ignore it if the Lord has your undivided attention. Love will not let you fall. But since we can easily be misled or become prideful, which is worse, they suggested ignoring them altogether. They figured the Lord is sufficient, everything else is a distraction. (See St. John of the Cross, for example)