Looking for some answers...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

joeyinprison

Oct 5, 2023
South East
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk if this goes here, but if not, mods please move. Thanks!

I have had faith (made life decisions accordingly), obeyed & trusted God over the past 3 years and have nothing but torment in exchange. God has spoken to me through dreams/visions, life itself, people I know and people I don't, but none of the good prophecies have come to pass. Others around me have had dreams & visions and only the bad ones (warning ones) actually happen. Why doesn't the good visions/dreams and prophecies come to pass? I have done everything instructed and have asked for even more in depth instructions and every point. At this point, I kinda feel like I am dialing God, but the devil is picking up.

Reactions: dev553344

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why doesn't the good visions/dreams and prophecies come to pass?
Precious friend, A Very Warm Welcome to the Board. I will pray for you.
Dreams and visions are for Israel, in the future see below...

Please Be Very Richly Encouraged And Edified In The
Lord Jesus Christ And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided ( I and II ). PG rated "Approved" *
↑ This Is for The Body Of Christ, Today, Under Grace ↑

Grace, Peace, Mercy And Love

* PG = Perfect God / Parental Guidance

Study to Be APPROVED Open Bible.png

Reactions: BlessedPeace

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I have had faith (made life decisions accordingly), obeyed & trusted God over the past 3 years and have nothing but torment in exchange. God has spoken to me through dreams/visions, life itself, people I know and people I don't, but none of the good prophecies have come to pass. Others around me have had dreams & visions and only the bad ones (warning ones) actually happen. Why doesn't the good visions/dreams and prophecies come to pass? I have done everything instructed and have asked for even more in depth instructions and every point. At this point, I kinda feel like I am dialing God, but the devil is picking up.
Continue in Faith
1 Pet 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Welcome to the the Board.

I’m a Jewish monotheist.

What God are you dialing? The devil doesn’t pick up the one God’s phone.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God has spoken to me through dreams/visions, life itself, people I know and people I don't, but none of the good prophecies have come to pass
How do you know that these dreams and vissions are from God?

Do you check what they say against what scripture says?

Have you discussed these dreams etc with your minister?

Basically we get our instructions from the bible, not dreams and visions.

Reactions: Debp

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Work out what you are doing "right", and do that - you don't need to reinvent the wheel?

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome friend.
No one judging you or criticizing anyone.

You need to repent sins to God on daily basis. Sins are roadblock between you and God.

Next. Are you studying sound doctrine or listening to misguided preachers ??.

Psalm chapter 50 . God won't listen to anyone who is chasing after false preachers. Who won't repent. Get the picture.

Luke 11:14-26 . Parable of the unclean spirit.

Jesus cast out demonic possession of people. The fake religious leaders could not do it. They even called Jesus beelzebub. Can you see how stupid and hateful these false religious leaders are.

How satan be divided against himself??
Is Lucifer going to cast out himself??.

We can see the logic and wisdom of Jesus. These fake religious leaders were envious of Jesus. They hated Jesus. The fake religious leaders plotted his murder on false charges.
Who's in league with satan??.

Friend. Vacant house is inviting unclean spirit. This is demonic influence or possible possession.

You must have spiritual growth !!. It's knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Being biblically illiterate is inviting evil spirits.

Not repenting will allow evil spirits to mess with you.

Use Jesus name to order demons and satan away from you. Get behind me in Jesus name !!. You may have to do it couple times week.

Your outside Gods sanctuary, and your open season to evil spirits, psalm chapter 73 to document.

Last edited by a moderator:

joeyinprison

Oct 5, 2023
South East
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the the Board.

I’m a Jewish monotheist.

What God are you dialing? The devil doesn’t pick up the one God’s phone.
The God of Abraham, YHWH.

Trust me. When you know, you know. I did. I definitely did. I'm not the one to run around like a mentally ill & delusional person claiming God spoke to them in a dream. The warnings come to pass in such a way that I know my human brain couldn't have come up with the info while subconscious. Only God knows the future so anything prophetic must be from him. The Bible isn't the only way he communicates with us. There are plenty of examples in the Bible.

Reactions: Matthias

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There were no OT people of God who received instruction through dreams and visions?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really, Jacob didn't dream of a stair way to heaven!
That everything Isaiah saw was physically there and not a vision!
Joel 2:28 “And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions."

joeyinprison

Oct 5, 2023
South East
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes only God knows the future, but it is not true that All dreams and vissions are from him. That is why I asked about checking against scripture.
You misunderstood me. My logic is that all dreams/visions are not from God, but the ones that end up being prophetic or provide insight about a future event that is completely unknown to the dreamer MUST be from God as he is the only one who knows the future.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Prophecy is something we take on trust, the Lord laid something on my heart for one of my children about 22 years ago, it came to pass 2 years ago. I doubted, questioned, re examined, over the years, but always went back to holding it in my heart.
I always find that Joseph’s story is an encouragement at times when we question. Look at al, that he went through, but each part of his journey was used in some way. We are all a work in progress and The Lord changes us from within, while often using things that are going on. Questioning is often part of that journey. I know it’s difficult at times when things seem to be contrary to things laid on our hearts.
X

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome friend.
No one judging you or criticizing anyone.

You need to repent sins to God on daily basis. Sins are roadblock between you and God.

Next. Are you studying sound doctrine or listening to misguided preachers ??.

Psalm chapter 50 . God won't listen to anyone who is chasing after false preachers. Who won't repent. Get the picture.

Luke 11:14-26 . Parable of the unclean spirit.

Jesus cast out demonic possession of people. The fake religious leaders could not do it. They even called Jesus beelzebub. Can you see how stupid and hateful these false religious leaders are.

How satan be divided against himself??
Is Lucifer going to cast out himself??.

We can see the logic and wisdom of Jesus. These fake religious leaders were envious of Jesus. They hated Jesus. The fake religious leaders plotted his murder on false charges.
Who's in league with satan??.

Friend. Vacant house is inviting unclean spirit. This is demonic influence or possible possession.

You must have spiritual growth !!. It's knowledge and wisdom of God's word. Being biblically illiterate is inviting evil spirits.

Not repenting will allow evil spirits to mess with you.

Use Jesus name to order demons and satan away from you. Get behind me in Jesus name !!. You may have to do it couple times week.

Your outside Gods sanctuary, and your open season to evil spirits, psalm chapter 73 to document.

I recommend shepherds chapel. Thier on YouTube. They tell you the truth.

Its your decision.
I think it’s very difficult to evaluate a persons life from one or two posts, to presume someone is outside Gods sanctuary or in need of repentance ect is making a judgement.
Obviously we all have to self examine , pray and discern.

joeyinprison

Oct 5, 2023
South East
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy is something we take on trust, the Lord laid something on my heart for one of my children about 22 years ago, it came to pass 2 years ago. I doubted, questioned, re examined, over the years, but always went back to holding it in my heart.
I always find that Joseph’s story is an encouragement at times when we question. Look at al, that he went through, but each part of his journey was used in some way. We are all a work in progress and The Lord changes us from within, while often using things that are going on. Questioning is often part of that journey. I know it’s difficult at times when things seem to be contrary to things laid on our hearts.
X
Thank you so much for this.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

The username, @joeyinprison has connotations.

As for being tormented, welcome to the Thorn In The Flesh Club.

2Co 12:6-10
Even if I wanted to boast, I would not be a fool, because I would be speaking the truth. But I refrain, so no one will credit me with more than he sees in me or hears from me, (7) or because of these surpassingly great revelations. So to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. (8) Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. (9) But He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is perfected in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly in my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest on me. (10) That is why, for the sake of Christ, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

The Good News is the Grace of God is sufficient for you, so you can delight in the adverse events that attend you, as tiresome as they continue to be.

knothead

Sep 29, 2023
Tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You misunderstood me. My logic is that all dreams/visions are not from God, but the ones that end up being prophetic or provide insight about a future event that is completely unknown to the dreamer MUST be from God as he is the only one who knows the future.
A dream about the future is just a dream about the future. One will not know if it is going to be true until it comes to pass. You wont know it is from God til you see it come to pass imo.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Hi @joeyinprison - welcome to CyB. Glad you have joined us. As you already know, some dreams are from God and some are from our own imaginations, thoughts, worries, day events etc. I carry a journal so that I can note time and date so that I can look back when some of those dreams/visions come to pass. I believe that some of your dreams and visions are future events. Something to look forward to. Don't be discouraged though, God knows exactly what he is doing and he will walk with you all the way and show you more things as you put your trust and hope in him. Blessings and peace! :stageright:

Last edited:
Reactions: joeyinprison

joeyinprison

Oct 5, 2023
South East
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @joeyinprison - welcome to CyB. Glad you have joined us. As you already know, some dreams are from God and some are from our own imaginations, thoughts, worries, day events etc. I carry a journal so that I can note time and date so that I can look back when some of those dreams/visions come to pass. I believe that some of your dreams and visions are for future events. Something to look forward to. Don't be discouraged though, God knows exactly what he is doing and he will walk with you all the way and show you more things as you put your trust and hope in him. Blessings and peace! :stageright:
Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: