Lord Jesus, Truly God and Truly Man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O come, O come, Immanuel,
and ransom captive Israel
that mourns in lonely exile here
until the Son of God appear.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Immanuel
shall come to you, O Israel.

Lord Jesus awesomely refers to Himself as the Son of God:

"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (Jesus Christ, John 3:18)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live" (Jesus Christ, John 5:25).

"This sickness is not to end in death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it" (Jesus Christ, John 11:4).

"I said, ‘I am the Son of God’" (John 10:36).

God opens the heart of the people of God (Acts 16:14) to acknowledge Jesus is the Son of God because God does a work in the people of God causing the people of God to believe in the Son of God:

"He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' Simon Peter answered, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' And Jesus said to him, 'Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.'" (Matthew 16:15-17)

In opposition to God and the people of God are demons. Demons also believe:

"When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. And they cried out, saying, 'What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?'" (Matthew 8:28-29)

"You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." (James 2:19)

Some people claim to believe in the Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ, but they do not believe:

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’" (Matthew 7:21-23)

This is not to neglect how Lord Jesus Christ also refers to Himself as the Son of Man, such as "the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands" (Jesus Christ, Matthew 17:12) for God cannot die.

By God's grace, for God's glory, to God's praise, the people of God are saved from the punishment of sin in the wrath of God by the Power of God, Lord Jesus Christ, truly Son of God and truly Son of Man:

As this other thread on ChristianityBoard.com illumines scripturally, the will of God exclusively (1) chooses the people of God (John 15:16, John 15:19), (2) causes the people of God to believe in Jesus (John 6:29), (3) wrings good deeds/works/fruit in the people of God (John 3:21), (4) births/generates the people of God anew (John 3:3-8), (5) is the source of righteous repentance in the people of God (Matthew 11:25) , and (6) is the fountain of love in the people of God (John 13:34).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 O come, O come, Immanuel,

Refrain:

2 O come, O Wisdom from on high,
who ordered all things mightily;
to us the path of knowledge show
and teach us in its ways to go. Refrain

3 O come, O come, great Lord of might,
who to your tribes on Sinai's height
in ancient times did give the law
in cloud and majesty and awe. Refrain

4 O come, O Branch of Jesse's stem,
unto your own and rescue them!
From depths of hell your people save,
and give them victory o'er the grave. Refrain

5 O come, O Key of David, come
and open wide our heavenly home.
Make safe for us the heavenward road
and bar the way to death's abode. Refrain

6 O come, O Bright and Morning Star,
and bring us comfort from afar!
Dispel the shadows of the night
and turn our darkness into light. Refrain

7 O come, O King of nations, bind
in one the hearts of all mankind.
Bid all our sad divisions cease
and be yourself our King of Peace. Refrain

Reactions: David in NJ

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
O come, O come, Immanuel,

Lord Jesus awesomely refers to Himself as the Son of God:

"He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (Jesus Christ, John 3:18)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, an hour is coming and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live" (Jesus Christ, John 5:25).

"This sickness is not to end in death, but for the glory of God, so that the Son of God may be glorified by it" (Jesus Christ, John 11:4).

"I said, ‘I am the Son of God’" (John 10:36).

God opens the heart of the people of God (Acts 16:14) to acknowledge Jesus is the Son of God because God does a work in the people of God causing the people of God to believe in the Son of God:

"He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' Simon Peter answered, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' And Jesus said to him, 'Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.'" (Matthew 16:15-17)

In opposition to God and the people of God are demons. Demons also believe:

"When He came to the other side into the country of the Gadarenes, two men who were demon-possessed met Him as they were coming out of the tombs. They were so extremely violent that no one could pass by that way. And they cried out, saying, 'What business do we have with each other, Son of God? Have You come here to torment us before the time?'" (Matthew 8:28-29)

"You believe that God is one. You do well; the demons also believe, and shudder." (James 2:19)

Some people claim to believe in the Word of God, Lord Jesus Christ, but they do not believe:

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’" (Matthew 7:21-23)

This is not to neglect how Lord Jesus Christ also refers to Himself as the Son of Man, such as "the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands" (Jesus Christ, Matthew 17:12) for God cannot die.

By God's grace, for God's glory, to God's praise, the people of God are saved from the punishment of sin in the wrath of God by the Power of God, Lord Jesus Christ, truly Son of God and truly Son of Man:

As this other thread on ChristianityBoard.com illumines scripturally, the will of God exclusively (1) chooses the people of God (John 15:16, John 15:19), (2) causes the people of God to believe in Jesus (John 6:29), (3) wrings good deeds/works/fruit in the people of God (John 3:21), (4) births/generates the people of God anew (John 3:3-8), (5) is the source of righteous repentance in the people of God (Matthew 11:25) , and (6) is the fountain of love in the people of God (John 13:34).

Jesus truly is God's son, in fact His only-begotten son. What a wonderful thing he was willing to do for us Kermy! And imagine what Jehovah would have to go through as well, could you imagine seeing people abusing your own son, I would have wiped out every mothers son of them.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus truly is God's son, in fact His only-begotten son. What a wonderful thing he was willing to do for us Kermy! And imagine what Jehovah would have to go through as well, could you imagine seeing people abusing your own son, I would have wiped out every mothers son of them.

The Christ worked marvelously to maintain the justice of God.

"The LORD was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand" (Isaiah 53:10).

The Christ took on the punishment for our sins, and by His stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5).

Praise be to God in the highest!

Hmmm, "every mothers son of them" that remained in unbelief in the Name of the Son of God has been "wiped out" (2 Peter 2:9-10). They that mistreated the precious King of Glory without repentance are under the wrath of God.

All that believe in the Name of the Son of God are saved from the wrath of God, by God's grace, for God's glory!

Merry Christmas, Robert Gwin.

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Christ worked marvelously to maintain the justice of God.

"The LORD was pleased to crush Him, putting Him to grief; If He would render Himself as a guilt offering, He will see His offspring, He will prolong His days, And the good pleasure of the LORD will prosper in His hand" (Isaiah 53:10).

The Christ took on the punishment for our sins, and by His stripes we are healed (Isaiah 53:5).

Praise be to God in the highest!

Hmmm, "every mothers son of them" that remained in unbelief in the Name of the Son of God has been "wiped out" (2 Peter 2:9-10). They that mistreated the precious King of Glory without repentance are under the wrath of God.

All that believe in the Name of the Son of God are saved from the wrath of God, by God's grace, for God's glory!

Merry Christmas, Robert Gwin.

Salvation is definitely a wonderful prospect for sure Kermy, but one must realize that there are requirements that have to be met. It is not automatic.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is definitely a wonderful prospect for sure Kermy, but one must realize that there are requirements that have to be met. It is not automatic.

That's for sure; otherwise, that'd be the heresy of universalism which holds that believers and unbelievers alike are saved from the wrath of God.

Lord Jesus says "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord Jesus, Truly God and Truly Man

Most Christians will readily attest that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully Man;
while in reality a number of them aren't quite sure that he wasn't some sort
of divine hominid implanted in Mary's womb; i.e. they honestly believe
Jesus' mom may have been his surrogate mother rather than his biological
mother.
_

Reactions: David in NJ

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most Christians will readily attest that Jesus Christ is fully God and fully Man;
while in reality a number of them aren't quite sure that he wasn't some sort
of divine hominid implanted in Mary's womb; i.e. they honestly believe
Jesus' mom may have been his surrogate mother rather than his biological
mother.
_

Here is scripture for such a person as you indicated. The angel Gabriel said to Mary, "behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall name Him Jesus" (Luke 1:31).

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's for sure; otherwise, that'd be the heresy of universalism which holds that believers and unbelievers alike are saved from the wrath of God.

Lord Jesus says "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God" (John 3:18).

Belief is essential in salvation for sure Kermy. I fully agree that unbelievers will not be saved 2 Cor 4:4
Belief in God is necessary as well Heb 11:6; Mat 22:37

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief is essential in salvation for sure Kermy. I fully agree that unbelievers will not be saved 2 Cor 4:4
Belief in God is necessary as well Heb 11:6; Mat 22:37

Salvation is a blessed gift to man from God Almighty!

By God's grace, for God's glory, God our Benefactor produces beneficiaries' faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó)):

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians "by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work, created in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:8-10)

AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for Peter declared "God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith" (Acts 15:8-9)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God

P.S. this item 2 incorporated by the reference in the original post.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is a blessed gift to man from God Almighty!

By God's grace, for God's glory, God our Benefactor produces beneficiaries' faith/belief in Lord Jesus, for the Christ of us Christians says (see also a word about belief/faith (Greek πίστις pistis) and believe (Greek πιστεύω pisteuó)):

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent" (John 6:29)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for Paul wrote to the Ephesians "by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work, created in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:8-10)

AND Peter is in accord with Jesus' words for Peter declared "God, who knows the heart, testified to them giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He also did to us; and He made no distinction between us and them, cleansing their hearts by faith" (Acts 15:8-9)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 6:29 state for us believers to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent is exclusively by/of/through God

P.S. this item 2 incorporated by the reference in the original post.

Yes sir Kermy, belief in God and Jesus are essential for salvation, I fully agree as stated previously. You seem to be promoting however that is all that is needed. That is not the case for most of us. I would imagine that you are well aware that faith without works is dead, correct? With that being said, do you know what our assignment is?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir Kermy, belief in God and Jesus are essential for salvation, I fully agree as stated previously. You seem to be promoting however that is all that is needed. That is not the case for most of us. I would imagine that you are well aware that faith without works is dead, correct? With that being said, do you know what our assignment is?

Do you know how a person proclaims the Truth (John 14:6)?

Let's look how a person does the deed/fruit/work of proclaiming the Risen Christ.

God, our gracious Benefactor, produces beneficiaries' fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says:

"he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Philippians "being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:11)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:21 state works in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God

P.S. this item 3 incorporated by reference in the original post.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know how a person proclaims the Truth (John 14:6)?

Let's look how a person does the deed/fruit/work of proclaiming the Risen Christ.

God, our gracious Benefactor, produces beneficiaries' fruit of the Spirit/righteous actions/good works, for the Christ of us Christians says:

"he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God" (John 3:21)

AND Paul is in accord with Jesus' words for he wrote to the Philippians "being filled with the fruit of righteousness that [is] by Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God" (Philippians 1:11)

SO, clearly, Jesus' words in John 3:21 state works in we believers is exclusively by/of/through God

P.S. this item 3 incorporated by reference in the original post.

I believe I do sir, our actual assignment was given to us by Jesus just before he ascended to heaven is recorded for us at Mat 28:19,20. A simple verse to understand dealing with Jehovah's people during the last days is found at Isa 2:2,3 and reiterated in Micah chap 4, more simply puts it this way: (Isaiah 2:2, 3) . . .In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. 3 And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.”. . .

This passage is actually a great identifier as well, as it was defined as happening in the last days, during our period of time. In line with Jesus' words at Mat 28, those who had come to the mountain of the house of Jehovah, will go out, as Jesus said to go, and bring others to Jehovah's house to be instructed about His ways, and therefore becoming disciples themselves and repeating the process. Jesus' disciples have an active faith.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe I do sir, our actual assignment was given to us by Jesus just before he ascended to heaven is recorded for us at Mat 28:19,20. A simple verse to understand dealing with Jehovah's people during the last days is found at Isa 2:2,3 and reiterated in Micah chap 4, more simply puts it this way: (Isaiah 2:2, 3) . . .In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. 3 And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.”. . .

This passage is actually a great identifier as well, as it was defined as happening in the last days, during our period of time. In line with Jesus' words at Mat 28, those who had come to the mountain of the house of Jehovah, will go out, as Jesus said to go, and bring others to Jehovah's house to be instructed about His ways, and therefore becoming disciples themselves and repeating the process. Jesus' disciples have an active faith.

We believers, when we do the command of God in "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20), then the fruit of the Holy Spirit is manifest in us doing this work caused by the Spirit of God. This is a blessed thing! To Lord Jesus be all honor and power and glory!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We believers, when we do the command of God in "All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:18-20), then the fruit of the Holy Spirit is manifest in us doing this work caused by the Spirit of God. This is a blessed thing! To Lord Jesus be all honor and power and glory!

Zactly Kermy!