Christ Divinity, Scriptural Testimony (of the Apostles) (Complete)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christs Divinity, Scriptural Testimony

Matthew 1:23 (a) Behold, the virgin will (b) conceive and give birth to a son, and they shall name him Immanuel," which translated means, "God with us."

a) Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, (a) the virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and she will name him Immanuel.

b) Isaiah 9:6,7 For a Child will be born to us, a (a) Son will be given to us; and the (b) government will rest on his shoulders, and his name will be called, Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. There will be no end to the increase of his government, or of peace on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness from then on and forevermore. The Zeal of the LORD of armies will accomplish this.

Matthew 16:16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was (a) with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God.

a) John 17:5 and now You, Father, glorify Me together with yourself, with he glory which I had with you before the world existed

John 9:33 (a) If this Man were not from God, He could do nothing."

a) John 3:2 this man came to Jesus at night and said to Him, "Rabbi, we know that you have come from God as a teacher; for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him."

a2) John 9:16 Therefore some of the Pharisees were saying, "This man is not from God, because He does not keep the Sabbath." But others were saying, "How can a man who is a sinner perform such signs?" And there was dissensions among them.

Romans 1:4 who was declared (a) the Son of God with power according to the Spirt of holiness by the resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,

a)Matthew 4:3 And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread."

Romans 9:5 whose are the fathers, and (a) from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, (b) who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.

a)Matthew 1:1-16 (The whole Genealogy of Christ.)
b) Colossians 1:16-19 for by him all things were created, both by Hi mall things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, or dominions, or rules, or authorities' -- (a) all things have been created through him, and for him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also the head of the body, the church; and he is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He himself will come to have first place in everything.

a2) John 1:3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being.

a3) Romans 11:36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

2 Corinthians 4:4 in whose case (a) the god of this world has (b) blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they will not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

a) John 12:31Now judgment is upon this world; and (a) the ruler of this world will be cast out. - John 14:30 I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in regard to me, John 16:11 And regarding judgement because the ruler of this world has been judged.

b) 2 Corinthians 3:14 But their minds were hardened; for until this very day the reading of the old covenant the same veil remains uplifted because it is removed in Christ.

Colossians 2:9 For this reason also God highly exalted Him, and bestowed on him the name which is above every name,

1 Timothy 3:16 For those who have served well as deacons obtain for themselves a high standing and great confidence in the faith that is in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 6:15 which He will bring about at the proper time-- He who is blessed and only Sovereign, the King of Kings, and Lord of Lords,

Hebrews 1:3 And He is the radiance of Hsi glory and the exact representation of his nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power.

Revelation 19:16 And on his Robe and on his thigh he has a name written : King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree I the divinity of Christ. But the references to Jesus being tempted do not fit with God can't be tempted since Jesus was.
But with that said.
We were given the same ensure of faith, grace, HS, of Christ. We were made the righteousness of God. We are made in God's image, we are joint heirs with Christ. Jesus went to make us mansions in heaven and he states he will come back to bring us to him.

Then add to that: all fathers want their children to have what they have and more.
Remember the parable if the seed. God wants us all to be a blessing so that we bless others. He multiples us so that we multiply others.
You Christian have divinity. God will give us exceedingly and abundantly above what we ask.
We must stop limiting God in our lives

Arthur81

Jul 9, 2023
Tampa, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree I the divinity of Christ. But the references to Jesus being tempted do not fit with God can't be tempted since Jesus was.
But with that said.
We were given the same ensure of faith, grace, HS, of Christ. We were made the righteousness of God. We are made in God's image, we are joint heirs with Christ. Jesus went to make us mansions in heaven and he states he will come back to bring us to him.

Then add to that: all fathers want their children to have what they have and more.
Remember the parable if the seed. God wants us all to be a blessing so that we bless others. He multiples us so that we multiply others.
You Christian have divinity. God will give us exceedingly and abundantly above what we ask.
We must stop limiting God in our lives
"For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted(G3985), he is able to succour them that are tempted." (Heb 2:18 KJV)

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted(G3985) like as we are, yet without sin." (Heb 4:15 KJV)

Strong's Greek Dictionary for G3985 gives as the meaning, "to test".

1828 Webster's Dictionary - "TEMPT'ED, pp. Enticed to evil; provoked; tried." and "TEST'ED, pp. Tried or approved by a test."

The NRSV is in agreement with the KJV on the translation being "tested".

"Because he himself was tested by what he suffered, he is able to help those who are being tested." (Heb 2:18 NRSV)

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who in every respect has been tested as we are, yet without sin." (Heb 4:15 NRSV)

Jesus was impeccable, not capable of sin, for he had no sin nature by which a temptation could take hold. In addition, as God he could not be tempted -

"Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:" (Jas 1:13 KJV)
"No one, when tempted, should say, “I am being tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil and he himself tempts no one." (Jas 1:13 NRSV)