Lord's Day

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just because you and others don't believe what I wrote in that post is true doesn't mean you're right about what you think.
As I said, there will always be those that will disagree. Individuals must choose what they believe the truth is.
People will choose to believe from their study of the scriptures what they believe the truth is. I agree that just because of their personal study of the scriptures what they believe that truth is doesn't necessarily mean what they believe to be true, is true.
Jesus Christ said that there would be people in the world some who are weeds others who are wheat. Jesus Christ said he sewed wheat in the world of mankind but Jesus Christ said the weeds were sewed by Satan. Jesus said for a period of time people in the world wouldn't be able to tell who was the wheat and who were the weeds. That means that the weeds who are not true Christians but actually Satan's disciples would truly believe they are true Christians. Jesus Christ said that it would be when his second presence began that Angels would be used to separate the wheat from the weeds. So I agree that just because a person or an organization of people believe they are Christians doesn't necessarily make that true. People will choose to believe what they believe the truth is.
Thanks Barney,

I believe Scripture and Scripture says that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth.....it does not say that Barney Bright is the pillar and foundation of truth. So if I reject YOUR truth, please don't be upset.

Are you a weed or a wheat? Is it possible you have fulfilled 2 Peter 3:15-16 with your truth of your post?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Barney,

I believe Scripture and Scripture says that the church is the pillar and foundation of truth.....it does not say that Barney Bright is the pillar and foundation of truth. So if I reject YOUR truth, please don't be upset.

Are you a weed or a wheat? Is it possible you have fulfilled 2 Peter 3:15-16 with your truth of your post?[/QUOTE\]

I agree that the True Church which will truly have Jesus Christ as head of it and has God's Holy Spirit is the true spiritual organization that God through this Only Begotten Son is working through, giving his people the spiritual food at the proper time. I just don't believe that true church or true religious organization is Christendom or any of the Catholic and Protestant Church's.
When it comes to 2 Peter 3:15,16 It would be easy to apply that scripture to you or anyone who believes differently from me, so what? You're accomplishing nothing with me concerning that scripture since I don't believe I'm twisting anything just because you or others believe I am. I believe people have a right to their beliefs and the right to express them, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to agree with what you or anyone believe or what you say the truth is. You don't have to agree with me, I certainly don't agree with you and others who teach something differently than what I believe.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that the True Church which will truly have Jesus Christ as head of it and has God's Holy Spirit is the true spiritual organization that God through this Only Begotten Son is working through, giving his people the spiritual food at the proper time. I just don't believe that true church or true religious organization is Christendom or any of the Catholic and Protestant Church's.
When it comes to 2 Peter 3:15,16 It would be easy to apply that scripture to you or anyone who believes differently from me, so what? You're accomplishing nothing with me concerning that scripture since I don't believe I'm twisting anything just because you or others believe I am. I believe people have a right to their beliefs and the right to express them, that doesn't necessarily mean I'm going to agree with what you or anyone believe or what you say the truth is. You don't have to agree with me, I certainly don't agree with you and others who teach something differently than what I believe.
Do you believe the Holy Spirit was working thru you when you came up with your interpretation that you posted in post #1?