Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, many in the charismatic movement like to "flow with the Spirit" and if they are skillful in the Word of righteousness (God's Word).... won't be long they'll be "flowing with demon spirits"

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You must be Born Again....then you will NEVER EVER be UN - Birthed.

All knowledge for a Born Again..comes from the Holy Spirit, he is a real person and indwells our spirit..

He testifies everything with our spirit, regarding God’s Living, but, he never contradicts the Living word of God.

So when the Holy Spirit testifies/ speaks to your spirit..always check it out with his Living word the Bible.

We have that knowledge through the rebirth that we are safe in the Fathers arms....Praise Jesus for that!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, many in the charismatic movement like to "flow with the Spirit" and if they are skillful in the Word of righteousness (God's Word).... won't be long they'll be "flowing with demon spirits"
Who's to say they are not already infested?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It took me a long time to fully trust God, but through reading His Living word who only the the Holy Spirit can help me understand......I trust him with all of my heart and mind...Only a Born Again can build that living relationship with God, and it can only come through the rebirth......other than that...there is only lip service and no life from the Spirit, they are still dead in their sins.alienated from the true Living God....praying that God opens their hearts to receive the Living Holy Spirit..Amen!

4 His huge outstretched arms protect you - under them you're perfectly safe; his arms fend off all harm.
5 Fear nothing - not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day,
6 Not disease that prowls through the darkness, not disaster that erupts at high noon.
7 Even though others succumb all around, drop like flies right and left, no harm will even graze you.
8 You'll stand untouched, watch it all from a distance, watch the wicked turn into corpses.
9 Yes, because God's your refuge, the High God your very own home,
10 Evil can't get close to you, harm can't get through the door.
11 He ordered his angels to guard you wherever you go.
12 If you stumble, they'll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling.
13 You'll walk unharmed among lions and snakes, and kick young lions and serpents from the path.
14 "If you'll hold on to me for dear life," says God, "I'll get you out of any trouble. I'll give you the best of care if you'll only get to know and trust me.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks are subjective.... you can't really look at someone physically and tell whether they are good or evil.

Copeland teaches once saved always saved, so one doesn't need to know anymore about him to ignore him.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

How to Spot and Respond to a Sheep's Clothing: 5 Reminders from God’s Word​

1. Watch out.​

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. Matt. 7:15

God reminds us in His Word to “watch out,” “beware,” to stay awake. He knows and understands how difficult it can be to fight this spiritual battle. Some days we get weary, or we get so busy and distracted, we’re not watching anymore for ways we might get tripped up. But he tells us, “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” 1 Cor. 16:13

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How to Spot and Respond to a Sheep's Clothing: 5 Reminders from God’s Word​

1. Watch out.​

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. Matt. 7:15

God reminds us in His Word to “watch out,” “beware,” to stay awake. He knows and understands how difficult it can be to fight this spiritual battle. Some days we get weary, or we get so busy and distracted, we’re not watching anymore for ways we might get tripped up. But he tells us, “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” 1 Cor. 16:13

Yep.... that's how we know OSAS teachers are wolves in sheep's pajamas.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks are subjective.... you can't really look at someone physically and tell whether they are good or evil.

Copeland teaches once saved always saved, so one doesn't need to know anymore about him to ignore him.
I agree.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not what God's Word teaches...

If one lives in sin, you think they are still in right standing with the Lord?
It’s impossible to discuss with you , because you aren’t understanding what it means to be Born Again.

You lip serve..that’s all you do.

The word of God says..only a Born Again will see the Kingdom of God....we are in his kingdom as soon as we have been birthed in the spirit.

You have no understanding of spiritual matters..you post some scripture, then speak secular..

You’re a LIP SERVANT....and I only say this, because, by your own admission..you have said you have no understanding of being Born Again.

Therefore one cannot understand the teaching of God’s word..it only comes through being birthed in the spirit, then we can be led through his word by the Holy Spirit..

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right, it is a SPIRITUAL re-birth of your spirit for salvation. Not the salvation of your soul and not the salvation of your body. And it is your spirit which got SAVED through being DECLARED RIGHTOUSNESS through the JUSTIFICATION of IMPUTED RIGHTOUSNESS. That is the pattern of salvation revealed by the life of Jesus.

YLT 1TI 3:16 and, confessedly, great is the secret of piety - God was manifested in flesh (as the body of Jesus), declared righteous in spirit, (Jesus' spirit is correctly not capitalized here, as in Luke 23:46)

KJV 1TI 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit,
(incorrectly capitalized here, correctly NOT capitalized in Luke 23:46)

Jesus was a triune man. At His birth, He had 'a holy spirit' from God (not the Holy Spirit of GOD), He had an unsaved soul, and he had an unsaved sinful nature body/flesh. We don't that that spirit until our spirit is reborn. Jesus didn't need to be born again after birth, like us.

ROM 8:3 For God has done what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do: sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh,

IOW, He never gave in to the temptations from His sinful flesh natured body. He WALKED in IMPARTED RIGHTEOUSNESS all His life.

( He worked out the salvation of his soul from birth to the day that he "fulfilled all righteousness" at the baptism of John. He was then declared a mature or perfect HUIOS/son of GOD by God who spoke from heaven.

He was "declared righteous" from birth because of the 'holy spirit of Christ' which was in him. The very same holy spirit of Christ which we receive when our spirit is "born again". Your spirit and His spirit aren't two spirits. They become joined as one spirit with him.

1CO 6:17 But he who is united to the Lord becomes one spirit with him. (again correctly NOT CAPITALIZED)

And that spirit you receive is 'a holy spirit' from God it is not 'the Holy Spirit OF God'. Jesus wasn't born with the Holy Spirit of God in Him and He didn't receive the Holy Spirit of God until he was 30 years old.

He "fulfilled rightousness" (imparted righteousness) in His soul by walking sinlessly as a transgressor who was tempted, but never sinned.

ROM 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
(spirit here should not be capitalized either. It's talking about the holy spirit of Christ in you. The same holy spirit Jesus walked out the salvation of His soul with.

ONLY the KJV reveals to those with eyes to see and ears to hear this very dilemma I am now sharing with you. READ AND THINK.

KJV
EPH 1:13* In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

KJV EPH 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of/from God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

KJV 1TH 4:8 He therefore that despiseth, despiseth not man, but God, who hath also given unto us his holy Spirit.

KJV PSA 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
This is very fascinating, the distinctions you are making between the/a spirit/Spirit. (S)spirit. (Holy Spirit/spirit of Christ)
Is there a key in the Greek to indicate which is which? You indicated that some of translations were correct and others were incorrect.
How did you make that determination? Is there a key to understanding this?

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...by the way there are a few here who seem to not like hearing those words....” Born Again...my question is why?
I think there is a societal distinction between "born again" and "born-again". (note the hyphen)
We understand what "born again" means scripturally. The hyphenated term "born-again" identifies a group within Christianity.
Specifically Protestant Evangelicalism. Who are sometimes referred to as "born-agains". Due to the "born again" emphasis.

Therefore, some may be reacting negatively to "born-again" (the societal distinction) when they read the term "born again".
It's Protestant Evangelicalism they are reacting to.

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think there is a societal distinction between "born again" and "born-again". (note the hyphen)
We understand what "born again" means scripturally. The hyphenated term "born-again" identifies a group within Christianity.
Specifically Protestant Evangelicalism. Who are sometimes referred to as "born-agains". Due to the "born again" emphasis.

Therefore, some may be reacting negatively to "born-again" (the societal distinction) when they read the term "born again".
It's Protestant Evangelicalism they are reacting to.

/
I think it’s the Spirit they are reacting to...how can you tell someone what the supernatural birth is..it’s supernatural from God and mind blowing.

No one can possibly understand what I’m saying ,unless they have received that living spiritual birth.

Hillsage understands me and I him.

As God’s word says.

@St. SteVen .

1 Corinthians 2:14-16​

1 Corinthians 2:14-16 GNBUK​

Whoever does not have the Spirit cannot receive the gifts that come from God's Spirit. Such people really do not understand them; they are nonsense to them, because their value can be judged only on a spiritual basis. Whoever has the Spirit, however, is able to judge the value of everything, but no one is able to judge him. As the scripture says: “Who knows the mind of the Lord? Who is able to give him advice?” We, however, have the mind of Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those that say they have no need to read & study the word, yet they claim to be believers, remain stunted, never maturing, bc they have not taken of the living water & the bread of life; the word !
I wonder about this.
Seems that there are both natural and spiritual giftings that enable some (not all) to be diligent in Bible study and understanding.
Others may not be similarly gifted. As Paul asks in 1 Corinthians chapter twelve, "... Are all teachers?" - vs 29

I came to understand that those not gifted to teach (assumes giftings for study and understanding) are gifted in areas that I am not.
Those who are gifted to teach abuse the platform by expecting their students to measure up to their giftings.

When those with different giftings have the platform (the microphone) we discover that they have abilities that teachers do not.
And in some cases their giftings allow them to hear from God more directly than the teacher that digs the information out of their books.
In fact, the former wrote the scriptures that the teachers use to teach. The Prophets heard from God and wrote it down for us.

1 Corinthians 12:27-31 NIV
Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.
28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers,
then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues.
29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?
30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[a]? Do all interpret?
31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts. ...

/

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And in some cases their giftings allow them to hear from God more directly than the teacher that digs the information out of their books.
In fact, the former wrote the scriptures that the teachers uses to teach. The Prophets heard from God and wrote it down for us.
Amen!!

Reactions: St. SteVen
Status
Not open for further replies.