Losing Your Salvation - Bible Verses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it’s the Spirit they are reacting to...how can you tell someone what the supernatural birth is..it’s supernatural from God and mind blowing.
That's quite an indictment if you extend the thought.
Can we say with any confidence that those who react negatively to the term "born again" have not received the spirit of Christ?
Or am I misunderstanding you?

Hillsage understands me and I him.
Really?
Can you explain the distinction between the spirit/Spirit we recieve when we are born again?
@Hillsage made it clear that it is the spirit of Christ, not the Holy Spirit of God that we receive.

/

Reactions: Hillsage

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Can we say with any confidence that those who react negatively to the term "born again" have not received the spirit of Christ?
They may be on the road to being Born Again.

Anyone who reacts negatively/ destructively to being birthed in the Spirit...clearly hasn’t become Born Again..by the grace of God..imo.
Really?
Can you explain the distinction between the spirit/Spirit we recieve when we are born again?
@Hillsage made it clear that it is the spirit of Christ, not the Holy Spirit of God that we receive.

/
A Born Again receives the Living Holy Spirit into theirs..he births our spirit into his...we are one with him.

It can’t be explained as the word of God says..it’s like the wind..it’s supernatural...and from God.

The Holy Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are children of God as he was indwelling me..my way of explaining and it’s also God’s word.

The testifying with our spirit.

Romans 8
Berean Standard Bible Par ▾
Walking by the Spirit
(Ezekiel 36:16–38; Galatians 5:16–26)
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.a2For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set youb free from the law of sin and death. 3For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful man, as an offering for sin.c He thus condemned sin in the flesh, 4so that the righteous standard of the law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
5Those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit. 6The mind of the flesh is death, but the mind of the Spirit is life and peace,7because the mind of the flesh is hostile to God: It does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8Those controlled by the fleshd cannot please God.
9You, however, are controlled not by the flesh, but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alivee because of righteousness. 11And if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the deadf will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit, who lives in you.
Heirs with Christ
12Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation, but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. 13For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.
15For you did not receive a spirit of slavery that returns you to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17And if we are children, then we are heirs: heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—if indeed we suffer with Him, so that we may also be glorified with Him.
John 3:6
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

New Living Translation
Humans can reproduce only human life, but the Holy Spirit gives birth to spiritual life.

English Standard Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Berean Standard Bible
Flesh is born of flesh, but spirit is born of the Spirit.

Berean Literal Bible
That having been born of the flesh is flesh, and that having been born of the Spirit is spirit.

King James Bible
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

New King James Version
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

New American Standard Bible
That which has been born of the flesh is flesh, and that which has been born of the Spirit is spirit.

NASB 1995
“That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit

Last edited:
Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
St. SteVen said:
They may be on the road to being Born Again.

Anyone who reacts negatively/ destructively to being birthed in the Spirit...clearly hasn’t become Born Again..by the grace of God..imo.
Certainly Catholics and Protestants would view this differently.

I assumed that you were speaking about those in the institutional church that were reacting to the term "born again".
Or, as you write, "Born Again". Which may equate to the societal term "born-again" that I pointed out earlier.
But perhaps you were referring to those in the church? Or maybe those inside and outside the institutional church?

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
St. SteVen said:

Certainly Catholics and Protestants would view this differently.

I assumed that you were speaking about those in the institutional church that were reacting to the term "born again".
Or, as you write, "Born Again". Which may equate to the societal term "born-again" that I pointed out earlier.
But perhaps you were referring to those in the church? Or maybe those inside and outside the institutional church?

/
I can only go by God’s word...I have no interest of what others believe about being Born Again.

I had it testified to my spirit that I am God’s child/ Born Again it came by the living Holy Spirit as he was indwelling me..

For as you well know, God’s word is Alive and Active...there is no doubting ever, when one has been birthed in the spirit....

I will always stand on his word, that one must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of God...and a true Born Again can NEVER EVER lose their salvation...

Those who believe they can lose their salvation, are those who aren’t in the true vine...they have attached themselves....and weren’t attached by the Spiritual birth.imo and belief.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can only go by God’s word...I have no interest of what others believe about being Born Again.

I had it testified to my spirit that I am God’s child/ Born Again it came by the living Holy Spirit as he was indwelling me..
Do you think that some may have been born of the Spirit and experience new life in Christ even though
they either don't understand the term "born again", or even object to it? (as a term)

Those who believe they can lose their salvation, are those who aren’t in the true vine...they have attached themselves....and weren’t attached by the Spiritual birth.imo and belief.
I don't think I would view them as not being connected to the true vine.

I would characterize them as victims of bad teaching, and a life of constant fear.
A very unfortunate situation to be in. The doctrine of eternal in-security.
It probably comes with stress-related physical health problems as well.

The other extreme, which they wisely teach against, is the one that thinks that
grace will allow them to live as they please with no consequences.

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you think that some may have been born of the Spirit and experience new life in Christ even though
they either don't understand the term "born again", or even object to it? (as a term)
I have no idea...I only know that I was birthed in the Spirit.
I don't think I would view them as not being connected to the true vine.

I would characterize them as victims of bad teaching, and a life of constant fear.
A very unfortunate situation to be in. The doctrine of eternal in-security.
It probably comes with stress-related physical health problems as well.

The other extreme, which they wisely teach against, is the one that thinks that
grace will allow them to live as they please with no consequences.

/

For me..once we have been birthed in the Spirit..we are in the true vine...therefore we have the protection of the Holy Spirit...I have NEVER been taught by anyone other than the Holy Spirit.

Don’t get me wrong..I’ve gone to church and listened to the Pastor teach...I check everything out with God’s Living word.

It’s the role of the Holy Spirit to make us into the image of Jesus and he sure does!!...of course we learn to surrender to his will and let go of the flesh.

His Living word must penetrate your heart, therefore one needs to be Born Again....Without the rebirth it’s just lip service imo/ belief.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@St. SteVen .

How do you interpret being “ Birthed in the Spirit “?

Be interesting to get another point of view on what it means, from another believer?

For me it was a Living supernatural experience....Spirit gives birth to spirit...makes perfect sense to me.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea...I only know that I was birthed in the Spirit.
Exactly.
My only point is that we shouldn't get hung up on the terminology.
If a person has a genuine experience of spiritual rebirth and are growing in faith,
we can assume they were born again despite their understanding, or even an aversion,
to the term "born again". (Born Again, born-again, Born-Again)

For me..once we have been birthed in the Spirit..we are in the true vine...therefore we have the protection of the Holy Spirit...
Agreed.

/

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Exactly.
My only point is that we shouldn't get hung up on the terminology.
If a person has a genuine experience of spiritual rebirth and are growing in faith,
we can assume they were born again despite their understanding, or even an aversion,
to the term "born again". (Born Again, born-again, Born-Again)

Yes..for some it’s gradual process...for me it was like a bolt of lightning...there was NO mistaking his Living word..it was oh so powerful...yet oh so gentle.

My friend is Born Again...her birth was gradual she told me..

Different for everyone I understand.
Agreed.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you interpret being “ Birthed in the Spirit “?
Born again, as we have been discussing.

A spiritual renewal.
A restored relationship with God.
An internal change that begins to show on the outside.
People that know them will remark, "You're different."
The outworking of their repentance.
A happy countenance is typical.
A hunger for MORE of God.

Be interesting to get another point of view on what it means, from another believer?
Sure. Who should we ask? - LOL

/

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Born again, as we have been discussing.

A spiritual renewal.
A restored relationship with God.
An internal change that begins to show on the outside.
People that know them will remark, "You're different."
The outworking of their repentance.
A happy countenance is typical.
A hunger for MORE of God.

Sure. Who should we ask? - LOL

/
He works in us so very differently....Praise His Holy Name!!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes..for some it’s gradual process...for me it was like a bolt of lightning...there was NO mistaking his Living word..it was oh so powerful...yet oh so gentle.

My friend is Born Again...her birth was gradual she told me..

Different for everyone I understand.
Yes. different for everyone.
Much depends on where you are in life when you begin.
How old were you? I was only 8 years old.
Saved from a life of sin. - LOL

The bigger impact for me came much later in life.
When I really was saved from a life of sin. (the kid was backslid)

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

/
@Ritajanice
Share your testimony and I will share mine.

/

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

/
That makes sense.

I was late 30s...had a horrendous upbringing..wont go into detail.

Then along came God..via the Holy Spirit....blew my socks off he did...my poor family thought I had gone insane...as I was telling everyone I was “ Born Again “.......LOL..

Still do to this day...it’s the Holy Spirit in me, that testifies of the Father and Jesus...one of my neighbour is open to listening...Praise God and I pray he is drawing her to Jesus!!...if it’s his will it will be done.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Ritajanice
Share your testimony and I will share mine.

/
Not here..it was very private and personal...can you believe I remember it was the evening, I was sobbing on my bed and Roxette were singing it must have been love...how ironic is that...

Can’t remember the date though.

The next morning when I rose...I felt more important than the Queen LOL...I could not believe God had birthed me in the Spirit.

I was on honeymoon for years.

Now my Love for God is very deep, mature and I rest in his and only his truth.

That he will Never leave or forsake me....he has NEVER let me down and he never will.

His Living word has deeply penetrated my heart and can NEVER be erased.

Without the Love of God in my spirit...I would surely die...but that will NEVER happen.

Praise God Brother!!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Amen,

He is a personal God. we are all different. so he works in us on a personal level..
That really spoke to my heart.

So very true..In Jesus Name...Amen!!

I needed to hear this...it was a message from God to me....thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.