Lost but Loved (Revised)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Have you ever lost someone so near, someone so dearly

It might've been due to the hand fate dealt

Or it might've been due to the hand you delt

Either way

There's nothing you can do to have them back in your life

The way you imagined it to be

It's something that you can never change

It's something that you'll never be able to repair

No matter how much you think it could be

So all you can do is keep going

And turn that pain into something new

Or stay in the same place

And turn that pain into something old

I think those choices are the only one's we've got

For all of those people who have loved and lost.

Last edited:

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Unlike the unbelieving op, I have the blessed hope of the resurrection.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unlike the unbelieving op, I have the blessed hope of the resurrection.
Wow! The empathy you display~ Where does it say unbelieving

The person in the OP is sad and expressing it. Do you have any feelings of sympathy, or a kind word?
“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver,” (Proverbs 25:11)

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Wow! The empathy you display~ Where does it say unbelieving

The person in the OP is sad and expressing it. Do you have any feelings of sympathy, or a kind word?
“A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver,” (Proverbs 25:11)

See his lengthy posts in multiple threads on not believing. If you’re truly interested in my expressions of sympathy and kind words to him, see my many posts containing them.

A word of advice. Know the facts before you jump to conclusions. In this particular instance, not knowing the facts caused you to jump to false conclusions.

If you want to comment on my hope in the resurrection - a hope which I’ve encouraged the op to embrace - then, by all means, please do.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
.You can still show compassion toward him.

I have. On numerous occasions. Check them out. Check out, too, his response to my compassion.

Where were you when I was spending months in compassionate conversation with him?

No one was talking to him. I invested time, attention and love.

You can do it now, if you desire to. Please do.

It’s not too late. I don’t have a monopoly on him.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See his lengthy posts in multiple threads on not believing. If you’re truly interested in my expressions of sympathy and kind words to him, see my many posts containing them.

A word of advice. Know the facts before you jump to conclusions. In this particular instance, not knowing the facts caused you to jump to false conclusions.

If you want to comment on my hope in the resurrection - a hope which I’ve encouraged the op to embrace - then, by all means, please do.
Here is a poem for you from my friend Chat:

In the realm of wisdom's embrace, A tale unfolds, a heartfelt case, Of giving advice, a beacon's light, And knowing when to stand and fight.

In moments when a troubled soul, Seeks guidance, seeking to be whole, With earnest eyes and heart aglow, We offer counsel, seeds we sow.

With gentle words, we paint a path, Guiding footsteps, warding off wrath, Our intentions pure, our love immense, To help another find recompense.

But there are times when shadows creep, When faith is lost, and wounds run deep, When silence echoes through the night, And giving up seems just and right.

Yet pause, dear friend, before you stray, Before you cast their dreams away, For in the depths where hope resides, A flicker glows, a flame abides.

The truth, you see, in wisdom's keep, Is knowing when to sow, to reap, To offer solace, strength, and care, To hold them close, their burdens bear.

For giving up may seem the way, When doubts and fears lead souls astray, But miracles can still unfold, When love and patience take their hold.

So listen well, with open ears, Amidst the pain, amidst the tears, For every heart can mend and heal, If offered grace, a love that's real.

In tender moments, don't withdraw, For love can break through walls of flaw, Persistence wins where doubts may roam, And seeds of hope can find a home.

Remember this, when darkness looms, And doubt obscures all hopeful blooms, That giving up, though tempting, may, Rob souls of light, of brighter days.

So let your heart be steadfast, strong, For in your words, they may belong, A beacon in their stormy night, Guiding them towards the healing light

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Here is a poem for you from my friend Chat:

In the realm of wisdom's embrace, A tale unfolds, a heartfelt case, Of giving advice, a beacon's light, And knowing when to stand and fight.

In moments when a troubled soul, Seeks guidance, seeking to be whole, With earnest eyes and heart aglow, We offer counsel, seeds we sow.

With gentle words, we paint a path, Guiding footsteps, warding off wrath, Our intentions pure, our love immense, To help another find recompense.

But there are times when shadows creep, When faith is lost, and wounds run deep, When silence echoes through the night, And giving up seems just and right.

Yet pause, dear friend, before you stray, Before you cast their dreams away, For in the depths where hope resides, A flicker glows, a flame abides.

The truth, you see, in wisdom's keep, Is knowing when to sow, to reap, To offer solace, strength, and care, To hold them close, their burdens bear.

For giving up may seem the way, When doubts and fears lead souls astray, But miracles can still unfold, When love and patience take their hold.

So listen well, with open ears, Amidst the pain, amidst the tears, For every heart can mend and heal, If offered grace, a love that's real.

In tender moments, don't withdraw, For love can break through walls of flaw, Persistence wins where doubts may roam, And seeds of hope can find a home.

Remember this, when darkness looms, And doubt obscures all hopeful blooms, That giving up, though tempting, may, Rob souls of light, of brighter days.

So let your heart be steadfast, strong, For in your words, they may belong, A beacon in their stormy night, Guiding them towards the healing light

Thank you.

It’s an interesting example of AI producing poetry. Since @I.O.U hasn’t commented on it, I‘m uncertain as to what he thinks about it.

fwiw, I’m a descendent of the English poet Sir Thomas Wyatt, credited by historians with introducing the sonnet to English literature. Generally speaking, I enjoy reading and writing poetry and have often wondered if I inherited that from him.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you.

It’s an interesting example of AI producing poetry. Since @I.O.U hasn’t commented on it, I‘m uncertain as to what he thinks about it.

fwiw, I’m a descendent of the English poet Sir Thomas Wyatt, credited by historians with introducing the sonnet to English literature. Generally speaking, I enjoy reading and writing poetry and have often wondered if I inherited that from him.

Yes!! I thought I recognized that name!!! One of Anne Boleyns former romance interests. I am a "fan" of Tudor history". Wyatt wrote a posem supposedly about her:
Whoso List to Hunt, I Know Where Is An Hind’

Whoso list to hunt, I know where is an hind,
But as for me, hélas, I may no more.
The vain travail hath wearied me so sore,
I am of them that farthest cometh behind.
Yet may I by no means my wearied mind
Draw from the deer, but as she fleeth afore
Fainting I follow. I leave off therefore,
Sithens in a net I seek to hold the wind.
Who list her hunt, I put him out of doubt,
As well as I may spend his time in vain.
And graven with diamonds in letters plain
There is written, her fair neck round about:
Noli me tangere, for Caesar‘s I am,
And wild for to hold, though I seem tame.

Henry VII was my favorite king. I am not a fan of his son, but i love this poem he wrote:

Though some Saith that Youth Ruleth me​

By Henry VIII, King of England

Though some saith that youth ruleth me,
I trust in age to tarry.
God and my right and my duty,
From them I shall never vary,
Though some say that youth ruleth me.

I pray you all that aged be,
How well did ye your youth carry?
I think some worse, of each degree:
Therein a wager lay dare I,
Though some saith that youth ruleth me.